• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Can Someone Post a Succinct Summary of WTH is Going On?

FreeStateDeac

Reaction score
I am one of those weird neanderthals who does not spend 24/7 on this board or the internet in general, since I have some minor inconveniences to deal with, like a job and a family.

So when I log on and see all these incendiary and hysterical sounding thread titles with 100 pages of cryptic posts, I wonder "WTH is going on?"

Could someone post a brief (25-50 words) and straightforward summary of what has happened in the past couple of days to lead to all this board melt down?

And please, spare me the "Bzz must die" hate. I just want to know what has happened, specifically:

What players are confirmed as transferring?
What is the status of Travis? Is he next?
WTH is Ron Wellman doing about this?
Is Bzz's job really in jeopardy or is that wishful thinking?
What is the next shoe to drop? (based on serious insider info, not board fantasizing)

As Sgt. Joe Friday used to say, "Just the facts ma'am." Thanks.

Chennault, Derosiers and Fields are transferring
McKie is unknown and his status depends on which "ITK" person you ask
Ron Wellman is chilling up in Boston for the game tonight, or at least he was there smiling on Thursday
It does not seem that [Redacted]'s job is under threat.

That's guess work, so wouldn't be "just the facts, ma'am."

Chennault, Derosiers and Fields are transferring
McKie is unknown and his status depends on which "ITK" person you ask
Ron Wellman is chilling up in Boston for the game tonight, or at least he was there smiling on Thursday
It does not seem that [Redacted]'s job is under threat.

That's guess work, so wouldn't be "just the facts, ma'am."

Thanks. That's what I was looking for. Any informed speculation on when we might know whether Travis is staying or going? I would think he already knows and is just waiting to announce it via Twitter or something.

Bottom line: We lost three mid-major players who weren't going to be able to compete for starting minutes with the talent coming in. Yes, we needed the depth, but they weren't willing to subjugate their egos to Jeff's team concept.

I wish them the best of luck in the future. I am sure they will go on to be good players for A-10 or CAA level schools.

FACT: we have lost 60% of our starting line-up, 2 out of 3 because they simply don't want to be here any longer--and we have no proven players to replace them.

Look at the troll doing the troll thing. He must know Jeff because he just threw three good kids who played hard for Wake under the bus.

Bottom line: We lost three mid-major players who weren't going to be able to compete for starting minutes with the talent coming in. Yes, we needed the depth, but they weren't willing to subjugate their egos to Jeff's team concept.

I wish them the best of luck in the future. I am sure they will go on to be good players for A-10 or CAA level schools.

Weird. On Thursday you said TC transferring had nothing to do with incoming players.

http://www.ogboards.com/forums/show...eeting-Bzz-out&p=640790&viewfull=1#post640790

Someone is up to shenanigans. These thread title changes are completely disconnected from reality. There will be no more transfers. In fact, TC's transfer has nothing to do with discontent over the state of the program, incoming point guards, or any other topic of conjecture in this thread.

Jeff is our coach now and for the next three years, minimum. By then, you guys will be eating a steaming pile of crow.

Of course you also said this at 3:27 PM yesterday.

At the risk of sounding immodest, I have been a leader in many areas: the classroom, the business world, and the athletic arena. I support WF academics and athletics at the highest levels of spirit and finance.

Further, where this pathetic mob feeds in a frenzy over chum spilled from the decks of "blogger so dear," I feast on steak tartare, right from the cow. Listen to me now or believe me later: TC is the last transfer.
http://www.ogboards.com/forums/show...ports-Article)&p=643361&viewfull=1#post643361

In less than an hour from that post Dan Collins put this on journalnow.com: http://www2.journalnow.com/sports/2...e-wake-forest-basketball-players--ar-2082290/

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

I am one of those weird neanderthals who does not spend 24/7 on this board or the internet in general, since I have some minor inconveniences to deal with, like a job and a family.

If you are trying to get information, it would help not being a dick in your first sentence.

I will admit that I was overconfident about the transfers. I was given assurances that they could be persuaded to stay. I will eat my crow now.

But the one thing that remains true is that Jeff is not going ANYWHERE, and you can take that to the bank.

"...they weren't willing to subjugate their egos to Jeff's team concept."

That made my morning.

I will admit that I was overconfident about the transfers. I was given assurances that they could be persuaded to stay. I will eat my crow now.

But the one thing that remains true is that Jeff is not going ANYWHERE, and you can take that to the bank.

Your word doesn't mean shit. It's already proven to be unreliable.

terrific. i was looking for some collateral on a bag of feces that I've been thinking about buying.

blackgold is actually very reliable. I have reason to believe Bz is gone based on his guarantee that Bz is safe.

Agree with WF04. If someone came up to you on the street and was like "hey fuckface, where's mcdonald's? you disgusting cock sucker" Would you answer?

So when I log on and see all these incendiary and hysterical sounding thread titles with 100 pages of cryptic posts, I wonder "WTH is going on?"

Could someone post a brief (25-50 words) and straightforward summary of what has happened in the past couple of days to lead to all this board melt down?

And please, spare me the "Bzz must die" hate. I just want to know what has happened, specifically:

What players are confirmed as transferring?
What is the status of Travis? Is he next?
WTH is Ron Wellman doing about this?
Is Bzz's job really in jeopardy or is that wishful thinking?
What is the next shoe to drop? (based on serious insider info, not board fantasizing)

As Sgt. Joe Friday used to say, "Just the facts ma'am." Thanks.

You may be in the wrong zip code.

Back