• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Can Wake make the NCAA Tourney?

In which sport? If you mean basketball... Bzzz would have to be out with the flu for the entire ACCT, and our guys would have to play four games like they did against Miami.

Last edited:
Well you have one ACCT win in the bag. Only 3 more to go.

I was thinking about this in the shower after the game. If Duke hadn't had Kelly back and Thomas, CJ, and Moto stayed hot with Travis getting hot too, I think we could have made a run to the semis. I also think that FSU could upset UNC on Friday and we can beat FSU for sure.

Then it just made me mad that we have four pretty good players (at minimum) and are still in 10th in the conference. What the fuck.

Can Wake make the NCAA Tourney?

"When Pigs Fly & Buzz vaporizes!"

Wow graduate from the in May and didn't even know this. I just can't make myself keep up with them the way I do Wake.

They would have to win 4 straight games against ACC teams. My god I don't remember the last time that happened. Anyhow, I have a better chance of winning the lotto than wake does making the NCAA. And I didn't even buy a ticket.

dream%20big--don't%20let%20small%20minds%20convince%20you%20otherwise.jpg

They would have to win 4 straight games against ACC teams. My god I don't remember the last time that happened. Anyhow, I have a better chance of winning the lotto than wake does making the NCAA. And I didn't even buy a ticket.

Wake's probably going to have about a .1-.5% chance of winning the tournament.....I'm guessing around 25% against Maryland, 12% against Duke, around 20% for the chances we beat UNC/FSU/Clemson, and around 20% we beat Miami/UVA/State/VPI/whichever other teams are on that side of the bracket. I'm too lazy to do the percentages on a calculator but I think those odds give us around a .2% chance of winning, or 2 in every 1000 tournaments.

Every other team gets food poisoning/the flu and we are totally in.

I was thinking about this in the shower after the game. If Duke hadn't had Kelly back and Thomas, CJ, and Moto stayed hot with Travis getting hot too, I think we could have made a run to the semis. I also think that FSU could upset UNC on Friday and we can beat FSU for sure.

Then it just made me mad that we have four pretty good players (at minimum) and are still in 10th in the conference. What the fuck.

I think about this often. We haven't seen the most talented Wake teams the past 3 years, but Travis and CJ have finished top 10-15 in scoring in the ACC the past 3 years, and we have dick to show for it.

Obviously you can't shoot as well as we did today every day, but this team should have won more games.

Would we really want to? We would face a high seed, on The Road. The resulting raw dog experience would keep therapists busy for generations to come ...

Wake's probably going to have about a .1-.5% chance of winning the tournament.....I'm guessing around 25% against Maryland, 12% against Duke, around 20% for the chances we beat UNC/FSU/Clemson, and around 20% we beat Miami/UVA/State/VPI/whichever other teams are on that side of the bracket. I'm too lazy to do the percentages on a calculator but I think those odds give us around a .2% chance of winning, or 2 in every 1000 tournaments.

Good stuff. Multiplying one outcome by another...reminds me of statistics class at Babcock. Faintly remember this being called binomial or poisson probability analysis.

12% against Duke? With Kelly back? On a neutral court (Duke will have double/triple the amount of fans)?

I'll have what he's smoking

Back