• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Candid Coaches: Have you ever lost a recruit due to a show company

RamblinRed

Reaction score
I love these candid coaches features and I think this one in particular is quite interesting.

I'll say that based on the specifics given in the first story - i'd be shocked if that isn't Robert Carter transferring from GT to MD. His AAU coach got a big new deal after the 2014 season from UA and his parents didn't even know he was transferring until after he had already left GT.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...oe-company-ever-cost-you-a-players-commitment

Just getting seedier and seedier and with UA really trying o muscle in, it will get worse.

RamblinRed

I'm not going to feel bad for coaches with big time shoe contracts losing recruits because of shoe companies.

Wake BB wore Saucony while I attended. That is all you need to know about our recruiting.

Ha! I remember that disaster...wasn't that during the Bob Staak disaster era? I think I remember Cal Boyd wearing the Saucony basketball shoe.

Good Lord.

ETA: Wasn't there a Pony basketball shoe era, too? Maybe before or after the Saucony era?

Last edited:
Muggsy in Pony
MugsieBogues.jpg

Lee Garber in Puma
1-17-2014-3-52-45-AM-5653436.jpg

I remember the 1st time GT came to the Joel before Cremins the players all wore different shoes.

Think we also used to wear spot built shoes too, thank god for odom hooking us up with nike

Think we also used to wear spot built shoes too, thank god for odom hooking us up with nike

I think Spot Bilt and Saucony were the same. Spot Bilt was Saucony's basketball shoe and had the same logo or whatever you call it.

Back