• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cantor wants cuts or NO aide to Joplin victims

I don't disagree. The problem is that the words prudent and efficient do not in any way describe congress and their use of taxpayer's money.

Yeah but the partisan squabbling should take a backseat to victims of such tragedies. It's about taking care of Americans in desperate need not settling stupid BS.

Go back and look at the pictures and videos of the tragedies in the Midwest over the last few years. Why shouldn't we budget for these worst case scenarios instead of treating them like crazy anomalies?

I know you hate government, but private industry isn't going to handle disaster relief unless they're getting taxpayer money to do it.

Yeah but the partisan squabbling should take a backseat to victims of such tragedies. It's about taking care of Americans in desperate need not settling stupid BS.

Go back and look at the pictures and videos of the tragedies in the Midwest over the last few years. Why shouldn't we budget for these worst case scenarios instead of treating them like crazy anomalies?I know you hate government, but private industry isn't going to handle disaster relief unless they're getting taxpayer money to do it.

Of course we should budget for them. I agreed with you earlier that doing so would be prudent and efficient. That all by itself itself would be a refreshing change of pace for congress.

And I don't hate government. I hate the size and scope government.

You know Cantor is not going to pay for this by ending the subidies to oil companies that were put in when oil was $17-20/barrel and clearly not needed now.

You know it's not going to be paid for by allowing tax rates to be the same as they were under Clinton's prosperity.

Last edited:
Once again it looks like Chris Matthews reads our boards. He's doing a story on this today. It's about the fourth or fifth time this has happened.

Back