• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Car Rental

discdude

Lampin in the cut
Reaction score
Which car rental program should I use: Avis or Enterprise Emerald Aisle? Should I not use either and just use a kayak or orbit? Is there another companies program that makes it worth it?

National is the best airport car rental service. Skip the counter and get to pick your car.

Quotes out there right now after taxes and fees:

Avis Full Size: 190.39
Enterprise/National: 222.31
Hotwire Midsize (Unknown Carrier): 131.88

Are the benefits of E/N worth the highest cost?

We use Avis Preferred through USAA and have been very happy; can usually skip the counter and go right to our assigned car.

I'm very happy with National, but my company picks up the check. I've found them to be more expensive than most, but the cars are always great/clean, get to pick your car, and can walk straight to it after getting off the airplane. That is worth some money to me when I book personally, I guess you'll have to decide how much.

ETA I'm also "Executive Elite" status, so can often book a smaller car and get a bigger one at no charge. That definitely makes it worth it.

Is this for business or personal use? If for personal, check out Turo. Basically Air BnB for cars. I got a pretty sweet Saab for $29 a day last year in SFO. Way cheaper than any rental car company.

Is this for business or personal use? If for personal, check out Turo. Basically Air BnB for cars. I got a pretty sweet Saab for $29 a day last year in SFO. Way cheaper than any rental car company.

Have not heard of this one. I will check it.

Back