• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cardinal Egan takes back apology to victims of s. abuse

BobStackFan4Life

Reaction score
Says the church did nothing wrong.
he said he regretted apologizing for the priest abuse scandal in 2002 when he was bishop of Bridgeport.

In the interview with Connecticut Magazine, Egan said "I don't think we did anything wrong" in handling abuse cases. He said he was not obligated to report abuse claims and maintained he inherited the cases from his predecessor and did not have any cases on his watch, according to the magazine.

Clergy in Connecticut have been required to report abuse claims to authorities since the early 1970s, according to attorneys who represented numerous abuse victims.

"Egan never did so and his failure to do so constitutes a violation of the law," said the attorneys, Jason Tremont, Cindy Robinson and Douglas Mahoney.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/07/cardinal-egan-child-abuse_n_1260367.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003

Everybody's always going on and on about the boys. Well how about somebody sticking up for the priests every now and then? Do you know how fun it is to be forced to know how to say mass in two languages? How would you like it if everybody was constantly sticking out their tongue for you to place a wafer on it. Don't you think it might turn you on a little bit? Especially if you're serving them wine from the chalice and then bow their head at your waist as they open their mouths and drink. This whold celibacy thing is maddening. I know that God tempts us and tests us, but that's what confession is for. What other profession gets drug through the mud like priests? None! None I say!

Domus Aurea

joe-paterno-dead.jpg

joe_paterno.jpg

joe-paterno-penn-state-coach.jpg

6a00d83451b84f69e20168e5ee76ad970c-500wi

JoePaterno.jpg

joe-paterno-dead.jpg

paterno.jpg

joepaterno1.jpg

The worst, most pernicious, most destructive institution in the history of mankind.

Someone needs to hold this dude down, jerk off on his back, and then give him a chocolate bar and tell him to run home.

Back