• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CAROLINA SUCKS

The acc is better top to bottom this year than it has been over the last couple years.

I'd agree that the bottom is stronger than it has been the last few years, but the ACC is pretty weak at top. Duke really isn't that good and you know you have a shitty conference when State is considered your second best team.

How long until we're all secretly pulling for UNC (when not playing Wake) out of sympathy?

I'd agree that the bottom is stronger than it has been the last few years, but the ACC is pretty weak at top. Duke really isn't that good and you know you have a shitty conference when State is considered your second best team.

I like the hate. Keep it coming.

They could lose every game in every sport for the next 100 years and I would still never, ever pull for them in anything

I pull for UNC when they play Dick and root for the small nuclear device when they play State. Other than that, I tend to agree with you.

I root for a building implosion in both situations.

Roy is clearly not anywhere near as evil as Coach Relationships is, UNC hasn't had as many detestable players as Dick has over the last couple of decades, and as bad as UNC bandwagon fans are, they're still not as bad as Dick fans. And I have a few good friends who are UNC grads, whereas I've met like all of 2 Dick grads who I considered tolerable. I actually root for UNC when they play Dick and the building implosion only when they play State.

Roy is clearly not anywhere near as evil as Coach Relationships is, UNC hasn't had as many detestable players as Dick has over the last couple of decades, and as bad as UNC bandwagon fans are, they're still not as bad as Dick fans. And I have a few good friends who are UNC grads, whereas I've met like all of 2 Dick grads who I considered tolerable. I actually root for UNC when they play Dick and the building implosion only when they play State.

My secondary rooting interest in the blue game is to root for the road team. Home fans' reactions are great. I also tend to root for the underdog, to the extent that I root at all.

I do. The draw of playing every team (Duke and Carolina) twice was a gigantic recruiting tool. The product has become diluted and it does not have the same prestige as before. Say what you want but a BC VT game with the gigantic ACC on the floor has changed the basketball brand of the conference...and not in a good way. It has also made it a lot easier for Duke and Carolina to dominate because they are going to get who they want no matter who they play.

i just don't see this. "Hey kid, come to Georgetown instead of UMD. Here at G'Town you get to play UConn once and Marquette twice. At Maryland you'll be lucky to play both UNC and Duke twice in the same season". The Big East has been bigger (in bball) for the last how ever many years and it didn't dilute their product. Everyone thought they had a great conference because they had 8 great-to-good teams and nobody mentioned the 8 other terrible teams. While in the ACC we'd have 4-5 great/good teams every year.

Obviously did not grow up in NC.

You can't possibly be serious. UNC fans are the scum of the earth. The fact that 90% of them can't name any players other than Hansborough and Jordan drives me crazy.

You can't possibly be serious. UNC fans are the scum of the earth. The fact that 90% of them can't name any players other than Hansborough and Jordan drives me crazy.

Agreed. Duke fans can be bad but as a whole, UNC fans are the worst. Their sense of entitlement is sickening. They are also the worst losers I ever ever met especially after their 2005 game in the Joel against Wake.

i agree with this. maybe it some sort of reverse racism but duke's all white basketball teams disgust me. professional flopping disgusts me. beedy eyes disgust me.

i do like their library and chapel architecture.

Back