• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Carowinds is getting tallest, fastest, longest steel chain lift coaster in the world.

Agreed. I was surprised how entertaining it was. And apparently it is a remake of an old attraction that just didn't have a permanent home.

Technically, the new beauty and the beast attraction is a stage show too, just a highly interactive one for the kids. It's really well done.

Yeah, I've seen it. My wife loved it because she got to show off her singing voice in front of an audience.

At Magic Kingdom, the B&B attraction is good. The Little Mermaid thing was awful.

Any of you guys go to the Be Our Guest restaurant? That seemed like the most popular thing in all of Disney earlier this year.

Yeah, I was amazed at how juvenile and lame the Little Mermaid ride was. I was expecting something much more dazzling. I'd rather have ridden Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (RIP).

Yeah. What's bad about it is the Little Mermaid had already been at Disneyland for a year or so and they just dropped another one here. Last time I went, it was walkthrough, which is a pain in the ass because the line itself is about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, old ass classic Peter Pan is at least 30 minutes unless it's the within the last hour of the day. I wouldn't count on the new Seven Dwarfs ride being much. It's a tier below Big Thunder in terms of intensity. Probably perfect for my 1 year old when it's finally built.

The funny thing about New Fantasyland is that they had to redo the plan and add on the Seven Dwarfs ride at the last minute. The story I heard is a new person took over the project and invited his sons to come see the final plans. They immediate said it was too "girly". This was an "oh shit" moment and they had to scale back on the princess stuff and add a coaster.

Haven't been to Be Our Guest. We usually get their well after lunch and you have to reserve well in advance for dinner.

Yeah. What's bad about it is the Little Mermaid had already been at Disneyland for a year or so and they just dropped another one here. Last time I went, it was walkthrough, which is a pain in the ass because the line itself is about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, old ass classic Peter Pan is at least 30 minutes unless it's the within the last hour of the day. I wouldn't count on the new Seven Dwarfs ride being much. It's a tier below Big Thunder in terms of intensity. Probably perfect for my 1 year old when it's finally built.

The funny thing about New Fantasyland is that they had to redo the plan and add on the Seven Dwarfs ride at the last minute. The story I heard is a new person took over the project and invited his sons to come see the final plans. They immediate said it was too "girly". This was an "oh shit" moment and they had to scale back on the princess stuff and add a coaster.

Haven't been to Be Our Guest. We usually get their well after lunch and you have to reserve well in advance for dinner.

Meanwhile, Universal just keeps getting better with their Harry Potter expansion.

Which is why it looks like Star Wars, Cars, and Avatar will be coming to the parks by the end of the decade. New Fantasyland barely moved the needle. I wouldn't be shocked if they did something else big at Magic Kingdom and did something major at Epcot too. I love Epcot especially during Food and Wine coming up this weekend, but it's getting stale.

I'm looking forward to the boys getting older and doing Universal and Busch Gardens. Universal just added a Simpsons area that looks great.

Carowinds has the Peanuts gang.

Snoopy>>>>>>All the Disney characters

CLT continues incline.

OMG - FURY 325

QChjC.Em.138.jpeg

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...ds-to-get-one-of-the-worlds.html#.U_YXefldWkE

Carowinds’ newest roller coaster is set to create the biggest buzz in park history when it opens next spring.

At 325 feet, Fury 325 will be the fifth-tallest steel roller coaster and among the 10 fastest in the world, achieving a top speed of about 95 miles per hour. The Intimidator, currently the park’s tallest and fastest coaster, peaks at 232 feet and travels at a maximum speed of 75 to 80 mph.

The hornet-themed ride (no relation to the NBA’s Charlotte Hornets) will feature three 32-passenger open air trains that will initially ascend to the top of a 30-story-tall hill – the highest point in the park, and the tallest structure in the area outside of uptown.

A Carowinds’ press release states: “This immense hill is followed by an exhilirating 81-degree first drop. Like an angry hornet chasing its target, Fury 325 will race through a series of hills, curves and quick transitions while reaching speeds of up to 90 mph. Riders will speed along 6,602 feet of track during the nearly 31/2 minute ride.”

In the U.S., the only roller coasters that will stand taller than Fury 325 are Kingda Ka at Six Flags Great Adventure in New Jersey, Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point in Ohio and Superman: Escape From Krypton at Six Flags Magic Mountain in California.

3.5 minute ride...yet the video is only 1:40 long. :tard:

Back