• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Carson

I've been somewhat tough on Carson, but he had a really good game. We need him to rebound like this consistently.

Same. I was dogging him in the first half, especially when he got corned and basically couldn't force his way up with the ball to pass over the defenders. His man also got good position on him all game. With that said, he's going to kill some teams with his ability to shoot (if he can stay around 35-40% from 3) and pass. His positioning on defense was also great and it led to others getting easy boards. Great game, Carson!

Richmond's as bad at rebounding as we are, so I'm hoping Carson can build on last night with another big game this weekend.

The strides that he has made over the last year are obvious. I'm really excited to see the finished product.

Anyone notice on the espn highlight how he looked confused when the buzzer sounded? Yes man, we really won!!!

Great game from him. Wonder if FTDC will find this thread....

Dino got a good one.
:couch:

[Redacted] did a good job of coaching him up
:couch:

Carson played a great game. I hope he keeps it up, but I doubt he'll be scoring half his points from the 3 point line. As for Dino, I wish he would have recruited a better PG than Chennault.

Last edited:
Carson played a great game. I hope he keeps it up, but I doubt he'll be scoring half his points from the 3 point line.

Good stat line, played strong a couple of times in clutch situations, like that he can drain a 3 here and there but hope it doesn't become a go-to move for him. Can't complain about a double-double. Hope he keeps it up

He'll need to play much stronger in ACC play, mentally stronger. Lots of weak rebounds tonight. I liked him getting open shots all over and his post defense is getting better. He has plenty of work to do. He made some positive steps today.

This.

He still kills me when he tries to tip the ball on the rebound. Grab the damn thing. I love his skills, though. His work on the defensive end is a start, but he's still a bit soft and finds himself behind the offensive player too deep. I'm fairly harsh on big men, though, especially rebounding and defense. I love his game.

It frees Carson to float on the outside, make shots and pass.

Having another body next to him makes him a better defender and rebounder. He's trying to do too much while trying not to foul.

No it's not a contradiction. It's a natural act by a big who is in Caron's position on a team.

Couldn't agree more. He's playing out of position now, and he'd be incredible teamed with a force on the block. He could get help on the boards and use his high post skills and passing to really take our offense to the next level.

Also, he needs to do something to strengthen his hands. The play where the dude with dreads took the ball after a rebound and got a dunk was infuriating.

If there was a game ball given out last night, it would have to go to Carson.

Defensively, with what he have down low, I thought Carson played a near flawless game. We dont have the depth to where we can afford to have Carson foul too much. But he generally kept his man away from the rim, which is a positive development. His guy made some shots from 5-10 feet, but I will take that and save the fouls over giving up dunks and lay ups. We are going to have to be smart in defending the post this year given the lack of bodies on the team.

Also, he needs to do something to strengthen his hands. The play where the dude with dreads took the ball after a rebound and got a dunk was infuriating.

My reaction watching that play was that Carson tried to throw a weak bounce pass to our open guy after he got double-teamed, and just threw it waaaayyy too softly (didn't have enough space to generate the power to throw it hard enough). I don't think he got stripped or had the ball taken away.

My reaction watching that play was that Carson tried to throw a weak bounce pass to our open guy after he got double-teamed, and just threw it waaaayyy too softly (didn't have enough space to generate the power to throw it hard enough). I don't think he got stripped or had the ball taken away.

Yeah, I agree. No doubt he needs stronger hands though.

I really liked Carson's game last night. I still think the AD should pay freshmen to walk up to him and push him until he beats the hell out of someone.

He could have had 5 or 6 more boards in the 1st half. If he can get stronger......

He basically traded baskets with Diaz, so that is a win for us if he breaks even against an opposing center. I give Coach Bz credit for using Carson wisrly given his skills. Taking a look at his entire body of work, I think he is performing somewhat better than I assumed he would so far.

Watched this a few times - Carson was worried about dreadlocks guy but the dude behind him I think made a nice play to reach around him from out of bounds and get a hand on the ball just as he was letting the pass go. What he needed to do was be strong with the ball and pivot through the reaching double team. Probably get a foul call and head the other way.

The reason he tried that pass was because he was afraid of getting stripped.

Watched this a few times - Carson was worried about dreadlocks guy but the dude behind him I think made a nice play to reach around him from out of bounds and get a hand on the ball just as he was letting the pass go. What he needed to do was be strong with the ball and pivot through the reaching double team. Probably get a foul call and head the other way.

Exactly. That's what a 7 footer should do. Get the ball up, hold it, and only let go if they foul you. Swing some elbows to free yourself and make an easy pass.

Back