• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Carvana?

RiskyBusiness

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience or an informed opinion on Carvana? Their prices are definitely lower than regular dealerships and they have access to more inventory for hard to find used cars.

I think they easily have more than 60 billboards in the Richmond area, so I have recently become aware of Carvana and somewhat interested in them. Still seems a little odd to buy a car without seeing it or from an established dealership.

Thoughts?

They built a vending machine next to one of our offices, it is crazy to watch how they load the cars in there and they move all around. I think the foundation that they poured for the thing could withstand a nuclear blast. I have no opinion on their actual car sales though, but the vending machine is pretty cool.

I've got only extremely positive things to say about Carvana. I've had several friends buy cars from them with no regrets and great experiences, and I specifically helped my mother-in-law buy a car from them right after my father-in-law passed away. They learned of that fact while chatting with her on the phone regarding paperwork, etc and when the car was delivered to her home, they brought a sympathy basket to her as well. Very thoughtful of them to say the least.
I also sold a car to them for well above market price, so that was nice also. Super easy selling experience.

Does Carvana certify / guarantee their cars?

The vending machine on South Blvd is insane. If your car gets stuck, do you just shake it until it falls down?

The vending machine thing is obviously just a gimmick, right? Looks like they have a bunch more cars on the lot.

A guy I work with bought a lemon from them when they were just getting up and running, and I'm pretty sure they bought it back from him at the same price.

Their prices are definitely lower than regular dealerships and they have access to more inventory for hard to find used cars.

I haven't seen this at all. I've had way more luck finding cars and good prices via the normal used car listing websites.

Back