• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Sitwell's fate definitely threw me for a loop. His character in the comics goes back a looooong way.

Ed Brubaker was in the movie. I hope he gets what he deserves from Marvel, without him the catalog of Cap stories to base a movie on is a lot less interesting.

Too bad Norman Osborne can't enter the MCU, but I would bet a modified, Osborne-less HAMMER is forthcoming.

Outside of Wanda and Quicksilver, there really aren't a lot of mutants to address in the Avengers' world. Beast and Wolverine won't be walking through that door.

This caused me to wonder where Namor fits in, since he is a mutant that is heavily involved in the FF world and Avengers. The answer surprised me - he's on an island with Universal http://comicsalliance.com/marvel-character-film-rights-infographic/ Poor Man-Thing has it even worse.

Pretty much agree with everyone here. I was blown away. I was surprised how much more SHIELD there was than Cap-Bucky. But that's good because it allows for that to develop.

I guess Loki and HYDRA are the main villains of the Marvel Universe. Works for me.

Related edit: I could definitely see HYDRA being responsible for Ultron perhaps as aftermath from Iron Man 2.

Didn't remember Sitwell was in Thor either. He has made 8 appearances in the MCU. 3 movies, 2 one shots, and 3 eps of AOS. The twist paid off well. That was one of several jaw drop moments.

Tuesdays AOS is must see. Wow. And the near $100M debut has to be good for the prospects of the Agent Carter pilot featuring Hayley Atwell. The show would focus on the founding of SHIELD and Howard Stark would be a recurring role.

I'll post more tomorrow. I'm really impressed.

One more thing. If there is any one moment that captures what Marvel Studios has done for the legitimacy of comic book movies, it is Robert Redford saying, "Hail HYDRA."

I may start a politics board thread about this movie. May. I can't not mention that two Avengers basically play the roles of Bradley Manning and Edward Snowden. Very bold.

I agree. The Manning/Snowden stuff was interesting but I liked it because it wasn't the USA that was the scapegoat, it was SHIELD which had been taken over by HYDRA which are nasty nasty people.

I never knew Gary Shandling could be creepy, lord knows he's creepy looking!

I thought this was probably the 2nd best Marvel next to Avengers.

Still they have a problem that everytime Cap was in a bind, I was expecting more help to come. Couldn't they remind us that Stark is incapacitated due to IM3 and that Banner was in a location that was no where near SHIELD?

Avengers would have assembled when Nick Fury was "killed." Very unrealistic to at least not addressing this

I agree. The Manning/Snowden stuff was interesting but I liked it because it wasn't the USA that was the scapegoat, it was SHIELD which had been taken over by HYDRA which are nasty nasty people.

I never knew Gary Shandling could be creepy, lord knows he's creepy looking!

I thought this was probably the 2nd best Marvel next to Avengers.

Still they have a problem that everytime Cap was in a bind, I was expecting more help to come. Couldn't they remind us that Stark is incapacitated due to IM3 and that Banner was in a location that was no where near SHIELD?

Avengers would have assembled when Nick Fury was "killed." Very unrealistic to at least not addressing this

You're assuming Cap would have asked for help. If Banner was off the grid, he wouldn't have known. Asgard would have probably known that he wasn't really dead. Stark may not have gone against SHIELD (assuming he didn't know about Hydra).

Just an IM3 reference would have worked. Banner is self-explanatory. He would not have helped the situation.

Hawkeye is the one that doesn't make sense but they couldn't find enough to do to justify him in the script.

I can't confirm this myself, but I read that someone was mentioned as being on a mission in Afghanistan and that was Barton. I didn't catch the name, personally, when this happened.

Namor is not a mutant. He is an Atlantean. Sucks that Universal Studios currently owns the rights to him. I can't see them doing a movie right. (RIPD, Kick-Ass 2 ring any bells). Given that there's nothing even on the table, they shouldn't be able to just squat on it.

Sitwell's fate definitely threw me for a loop. His character in the comics goes back a looooong way.

Ed Brubaker was in the movie. I hope he gets what he deserves from Marvel, without him the catalog of Cap stories to base a movie on is a lot less interesting.

Too bad Norman Osborne can't enter the MCU, but I would bet a modified, Osborne-less HAMMER is forthcoming.

Outside of Wanda and Quicksilver, there really aren't a lot of mutants to address in the Avengers' world. Beast and Wolverine won't be walking through that door.

This caused me to wonder where Namor fits in, since he is a mutant that is heavily involved in the FF world and Avengers. The answer surprised me - he's on an island with Universal http://comicsalliance.com/marvel-character-film-rights-infographic/ Poor Man-Thing has it even worse.

You're assuming Cap would have asked for help. If Banner was off the grid, he wouldn't have known. Asgard would have probably known that he wasn't really dead. Stark may not have gone against SHIELD (assuming he didn't know about Hydra).

no, it's dumb that they don't address the other heroes (excluding Thor). Especially within SHIELD.

Namor is not a mutant. He is an Atlantean. Sucks that Universal Studios currently owns the rights to him. I can't see them doing a movie right. (RIPD, Kick-Ass 2 ring any bells). Given that there's nothing even on the table, they shouldn't be able to just squat on it.

Don't make me go into full CBG mode. Namor is not only a mutant, Marvel refers to him as "The First Mutant". I'll leave the Googling to you rather than overwhelm you with links.

Don't make me go into full CBG mode. Namor is not only a mutant, Marvel refers to him as "The First Mutant". I'll leave the Googling to you rather than overwhelm you with links.

Haha...I'm glad I didn't have to be that guy.

To be fair, unlike the rest of the mutants, he's not a human mutant, but an Atlantean mutant, so I guess there is some distinction to be made.

I thought it was a nice touch that view from Redford's window at SHIELD headquarters was of the watergate hotel.

I also look forward to seeing some screen caps of all the people the helicarriers were targeting. Should loads of Easter eggs in that.

Last edited:
I thought it was a nice touch that view from Redford's window at SHIELD headquarters was of the watergate hotel.

I also look forward to seeing some screen caps of all the people the helicarriers were targeting. Should loads of Easter eggs in that.

Fury's tombstone included a quote from Ezekiel.

There exists a list of targets, the only one I remember off hand is Tony Stark.

I liked Cap 2, but I thought the climax on the helicarriers was extremely underwhelming and unoriginal. Maybe it was a budget issue, but the scale of the destruction was laughably small. 3 aircraft carriers were blown up and fell 3000 feet out of the sky and yet somehow landed in the same spot in the Potomac where they were launched.

I liked Cap 2, but I thought the climax on the helicarriers was extremely underwhelming and unoriginal. Maybe it was a budget issue, but the scale of the destruction was laughably small. 3 aircraft carriers were blown up and fell 3000 feet out of the sky and yet somehow landed in the same spot in the Potomac where they were launched.

I had the opposite issue, actually.

A couple pretty good sized buildings were demolished in metro DC. The death toll from that movie could have rivaled 9/11... There were a ton of civilian casualties depicted. It actually made me wonder at one point how the public would respond to the idea of superheroes in general, if Marvel wanted to go down that route (like X-Men has at various points).

Edit: I did notice your specific point w/r/t the helicarriers falling harmlessly into the Potomac, though. That was weird to me, too.

I had the opposite issue, actually.

A couple pretty good sized buildings were demolished in metro DC. The death toll from that movie could have rivaled 9/11... There were a ton of civilian casualties depicted. It actually made me wonder at one point how the public would respond to the idea of superheroes in general, if Marvel wanted to go down that route (like X-Men has at various points).

What building(s)? Only building I remember being destroyed was the Shield building.

does anyone else think it's weird that HYDRA/SHIELD fired a bunker buster missile into the middle of NJ?

What building(s)? Only building I remember being destroyed was the Shield building.

Could have sworn Bucky blew a building or two up after the bridge scene. Now that I think about it, the Triskelion was the only building that was outright demolished, you're right.

Can somebody tell me what was going on with Jor-El in Man of Steel? How does a hologram get imbued with consciousness and why was he the only one from Krypton that had this happen?

Back