• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer; The Boys returns June 13

Went to see Cap earlier tonight. Enjoyed it quite a bit. Impressive how they have tied in the TV series and it made me really look forward to Tuesday night. Going to be quite a shift between this one and Guardians, though.

Cap is fantastic.

I'm mad at myself for falling behind on AOS. I was a few episodes behind, and TWS ruined some major plot points there. Hopefully, I'll finish catching up this weekend so I can see Tuesday's tie-in.

I get that Jor-El is a hologram but why does his consciousness survive and Lara's does not? Why can't she also be a conscious hologram? Is the Superman comic saying conciousness can only survive death with the help of technology?

I get that Jor-El is a hologram but why does his consciousness survive and Lara's does not? Why can't she also be a conscious hologram? Is the Superman comic saying conciousness can only survive death with the help of technology?

I only recently watched Man of Steel, and that really bothered me too. A bigger problem for me was how goddamn lifeless everything was-- it was pretty late, but I actually finally fell asleep during the supposedly climactic battle in the third act. I really wanted to like that movie, but the best word I could use to describe it is "fine."

I just caught up on AoS. Huh. Let me know when we can drop Cap 2 plot points, I GOT OPINIONS.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Any post from here could be a spoiler of Captain America: The Winter Soldier and by association the TV show Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and anything else in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Two things I'm very curious about: How are things going to blow up the rest of the AOS season, and how are they going to get past the backstory for Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch?

The Agents of Shield I am going to guess aren't agents of shit any more. There should be a lot of fallout for those characters.

With Coulson's true story under Fury's lock and key, it'll be interesting to see what direction Coulson goes now that Fury is "dead."

How rock hard did everyone get when they dropped the Dr. Strange reference?

How rock hard did everyone get when they dropped the Dr. Strange reference?

It definitely stuck out to me. There's so much on the horizon...I think the great thing that Marvel does better than anyone is how they take risks to advance the story. SHIELD has always been the thing that's bound all these individual movies together, and Marvel just tore it down. That'll have consequences for every character we've seen so far, and that's awesome. Everything that happens in every movie has consequences for everyone.

Agent Sitwell is in the original Thor. I had forgotten that when I saw him on AOS.

Two things I'm very curious about: How are things going to blow up the rest of the AOS season, and how are they going to get past the backstory for Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch?

they were a product of experiments w/ Loki's staff instead of magento

Yeah, I get that part, but how they will integrate that and potentially introduce other characters that are traditionally mutants is more of what I mean. Plus the direct "Magneto's kids" part.

Yeah, I get that part, but how they will integrate that and potentially introduce other characters that are traditionally mutants is more of what I mean. Plus the direct "Magneto's kids" part.

Well, just like ITC said. They're not Magneto's kids in this universe... They're likely just some kids that were experimented on. I assume from here on out, "mutants" will be introduced on a character-by-character basis.

So, this is what I've been waiting to post after catching up on AOS. I think I have a slightly more unique viewpoint in that I saw Cap 2 before I saw the leadup AOS eps (specifically, episodes 11 onward). As I was watching them, I kept expecting the Clairvoyant to be Zola's algorithm, and so I was initially very annoyed when they revealed that the Clairvoyant was the guy in the chair. Obviously, later in that episode they reopened the possibility that the Clairvoyant is still out there, so maybe it was Zola after all. I don't know.

My big question is: How are they going to do Agents of SHIELD without SHIELD? It makes me wonder if they're going to significantly redefine the show next season, perhaps going as far as changing the name. I also wonder what this would mean for a standalone Nick Fury movie.

I read an interesting theory that relates Maria Hill's interview at Stark Industries to the Avengers symbol hanging from Stark Tower, where Stark's further involvement in the Avengers is basically just to fund the Avengers Mansion and use that as a new HQ. This would limit RDJ's action scenes and set up a pretty cool Civil War storyline when the government inevitably gets involved.

At any rate, I really think Cap 2 was the best Marvel movie yet, and I'm not sure it's even close. It's smart, more emotionally grounded, and (maybe even including The Avengers) the stakes are higher than ever. The humor fell a little flat, I thought, but it was just a really fucking good movie. I'm really happy. The only part where I really thought, "waitwut," was when Cap stole his uniform from the Smithsonian, as if he was right next door or something. That seemed a little off.

The way that this sets up (obviously) Avengers 2, Cap 3, and AoS is just incredible.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (spoilers)

Pretty much agree with everyone here. I was blown away. I was surprised how much more SHIELD there was than Cap-Bucky. But that's good because it allows for that to develop.

I guess Loki and HYDRA are the main villains of the Marvel Universe. Works for me.

Related edit: I could definitely see HYDRA being responsible for Ultron perhaps as aftermath from Iron Man 2.

Didn't remember Sitwell was in Thor either. He has made 8 appearances in the MCU. 3 movies, 2 one shots, and 3 eps of AOS. The twist paid off well. That was one of several jaw drop moments.

Tuesdays AOS is must see. Wow. And the near $100M debut has to be good for the prospects of the Agent Carter pilot featuring Hayley Atwell. The show would focus on the founding of SHIELD and Howard Stark would be a recurring role.

I'll post more tomorrow. I'm really impressed.

One more thing. If there is any one moment that captures what Marvel Studios has done for the legitimacy of comic book movies, it is Robert Redford saying, "Hail HYDRA."

I may start a politics board thread about this movie. May. I can't not mention that two Avengers basically play the roles of Bradley Manning and Edward Snowden. Very bold.

Last edited:
Back