• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

TOM HANKS for something

I think Jack Nicholson made a shiton on the that first Batman. He got like royalties too or something ridiculous. I think it was like $30MM or more.

I just checked. I am not right, but Nicholson made over $60MM for Batman ($100MM inflation adjusted). He was third. The first one is hard to get.

Last edited:
I'm gonna guess Tom Cruise for Minority Report and then go google and find out how wrong I am.

ETA: I was way off and will be surprised if anyone guesses it. Although there are some conflicting sources on the google so there may be more than one right answer...

Last edited:
I know Jim Carrey got a brinks truck for The Mask but that was a long while ago...

Why is there a need for an Iron Man 4?

I also know Harrison Ford made something silly to be in the last Indiana Jones. I'm going to stick with my MIB III guess (although someone would have said I was right by now....).

I'm sure we are all forgetting a movie where someone made a bunch of money on the back-end with a percentage.

I'm thinking the mouse has to be involved. Depp for Sparrow in one of the sequels?

If you look at that link, the one that made the most w/ the % for a single movie is a real shocker, big star but would have NEVER thought of this movie.

I know Jim Carrey got a brinks truck for The Mask but that was a long while ago...

This would have been my guess. That was at the height of his popularity. We are talking just comic book inspired characters, right?

I don't believe there is (unless they're just dying to bring the real Mandarin in to play). I think, instead, after Civil War that Stark could just be the new Fury. No need for a feature length flick when he can just pop up in every movie for a few scenes and then have a huge part in the genre spanning movies coming down the line.

This would have been my guess. That was at the height of his popularity. We are talking just comic book inspired characters, right?

He got more for Yes, Man apparently. The Mask was the record at the time, that's how much $$ has changed since 1993.

Speaking of JC, the newer trailers for Dumb & Dumberer 2 actually make it look funny.

I don't believe there is (unless they're just dying to bring the real Mandarin in to play). I think, instead, after Civil War that Stark could just be the new Fury. No need for a feature length flick when he can just pop up in every movie for a few scenes and then have a huge part in the genre spanning movies coming down the line.

It would be a shame not to do the real Mandarin. Good point about Stark as the new Fury.

The answer that I found separately from the links posted here was included in one of the links.

But I read Keanu Reeves in The Matrix 2.

$15MM + 15% of the gross ($742MM) = ~$126MM

It would be a shame not to do the real Mandarin. Good point about Stark as the new Fury.

The Real Mandarin seems to be a great foe for The Avengers, would keep things out of the Sci-Fi realm too.

The Real Mandarin seems to be a great foe for The Avengers, would keep things out of the Sci-Fi realm too.

I thought the Real Mandarin was an evil captain planet with a bunch of different magic rings. Sounds pretty SYFY to me....

I'd remembered Nicholson in Batman being a big deal because of points.

There are 50 years of stories to draw from. There's no reason Iron Man can't replicate James Bond with 20+ movies. Marvel has expressly made that comparison many times.

Back