• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

I'm actually not that interested in the Mandarin...I think the "World's Most Wanted" arc would be a better use of story space for Stark in IM4. Set it after Tony's eventual booting from the head position of SHIELD. Obviously that's a long way away, but it would fit into the overall larger world they're building.

The Real Mandarin seems to be a great foe for The Avengers, would keep things out of the Sci-Fi realm too.
I would enjoy this, I'm still pissed off that IM3 wasted Ben Kingsley and the Mandarin. I would really like an Iron Man / Hulk film - it would make a bazillion dollars.

What's all this "Head of SHIELD" talk? Are we losing Samuel L soon?

In the comics, the events of Civil War force Fury underground. At the end of the event, Stark is head of SHIELD, with Maria Hill second in command and running most of their field Ops (and banging Stark because that's what Stark does).

Stark eventually gets booted from SHIELD himself (Secret Invasion) and goes on the run from the Government agency that replaces SHIELD (HAMMER) in the Worlds Most Wanted storyline.

Yeah, Fury is already underground.

Based on the Return of the King short, they could just do Kingsley with some different makeup and make up The Mandarin.

Iron Man 1
Iron Man 2
Hulk
Thor 1
Cap 1
Avengers
Iron Man 3
Thor 2
(Agents of SHIELD season 1 til episode End of the Beginning) tv
Cap 3
(Agents of Shield season 1 til series finale)
Guardians of the Galaxy
(Agents of SHIELD Season 2)
(Agent Carter)
Avengers 2

Iron Man , Iron Man 2, Hulk (overlaps with IM2), Thor, Cap, Avengers, Iron Man 3, Thor 2, Cap 2 is the official order but doesn't really matter for each story

Y'all are some straight up nerds to rattle that shit off! Thank you though, I look to join the ranks.

Example numbers 1368 and 1369 it's too bad the FF and Spidey can't play in the MCU sandbox: Reed was a crucial architect of Civil War (the registration side) and we'll see no Norman Osborne as head of HAMMER.

Marvel Comics seems to be straight up sabotaging the Fantastic Four, they're cancelling the Fantastic Four comic books, which is unprecedented with a movie release in the near future.

considering most moviegoers will never read a comic book, period, i think it's a safe bet

Example numbers 1368 and 1369 it's too bad the FF and Spidey can't play in the MCU sandbox: Reed was a crucial architect of Civil War (the registration side) and we'll see no Norman Osborne as head of HAMMER.

Marvel Comics seems to be straight up sabotaging the Fantastic Four, they're cancelling the Fantastic Four comic books, which is unprecedented with a movie release in the near future.

Everything that has come out about that movie sounds like it could be the worst adaptation since Iron Man changed the rules for what a super hero flick could be. I have no doubt Marvel wants no part of that show.

Everything that has come out about that movie sounds like it could be the worst adaptation since Iron Man changed the rules for what a super hero flick could be. I have no doubt Marvel wants no part of that show.

Do you think this reboot will be worse? The most recent FF movies were hot garbage, except for the Silver Surfer

I'm still confident that Batman v. Superman can meet the low bar. I'm thinking that will be the new floor.

A few of us a while back in this thread predicted a Disassembled/Civil War trend, and I'm actually sort of surprised that that actually seems like where we're headed. I'm pretty excited.

I've said for a while now that I think Rogers is going to die at the end of Cap 3, and I think that obviously becomes way more likely in this storyline.

My dream here is this: Cap 3 ends with Rogers seemingly dead, Falcon/Bucky taking up the shield, and Stark taking control of SHIELD under the Fifty State Initiative (something that would set up a ton of possibilities for TV/Netflix). Then we get a New Avengers movie with Rogers (Evans finishing up his contract), Dr Strange, Black Widow, and Hawkeye/Ronin rising from the underground. Could even just make a Mighty Avengers movie to go alongside it with Stark's sanctioned team.

One of the reasons that storyline makes so much sense is how heavily involved Iron Fist and Luke Cage are with these stories, and this is probably all going to come to fruition right around the time The Defenders eventually hits Netflix.

I would like to see what Marvel has planned for Clint Barton down the line. There's no way they're going to keep bring a guy of Renner's ability back without big plans for him down the line, and Barton ends up being a really interesting character. Plus, it looks like we might get Mockingbird sooner rather than later, so that gives him some ROMANCE to carry a film with.

Okay, so.

Here's what we know for sure about Marvel's release schedule:
05/01/15: Avengers: Age of Ultron
07/17/15: Ant-Man
05/06/16: Captain America 3
07/08/16: Doctor Strange
05/05/17: ???
07/28/17: Guardians of the Galaxy 2
11/03/17: ???
05/04/18: ???
07/07/18: ???
11/02/18: ???
05/03/19: ???

Now, I think the Civil War storyline could make this pretty interesting. Here's what PH's last guess on the schedule was, from 07/26:
05/06/16: Captain America 3
05/05/17: ??? (Iron Man 4)
11/03/17: ??? (Thor 3?)
05/04/18: ??? (Avengers 3)
07/07/18: ??? (Captain Marvel)
11/02/18: ???
05/03/19: ??? (Avengers 4)

I have a bit of a different take now, and it all starts with that 05/05/17 slot. I think Iron Man 4 is sort of unlikely to happen at this point (or, if it comes, it won't come so soon) (or, if it comes so soon, is more likely to be an ensemble Mighty Avengers/SHIELD movie in the aftermath of Civil War). I think that Doctor Strange could be used as backstory for him leading up to the underground New Avengers, and with the rumors that Cap 3 is being treated as "The Avengers 2.5," it would make sense to use Doctor Strange as a bridge from the Civil War to that New Avengers uprising in a possible Avengers 3. So, I'm thinking that Marvel could be going for the jugular by scheduling Avengers 3 that May, with GoTG 2 that August. Those two movies would absolutely slaughter the box office for Disney for about 6 months. (Edit: This contradicts the recent rumors that Marvel is planning on splitting A3 into two parts in May 2018-19.)

That's an aggressive line of thinking, though, and it's probably more likely that Marvel goes with a more conservative film in that slot. I think it's wide open... They could even introduce a new character like Nova/Richard Ryder just ahead of GoTG2. At the end of the day, I think the most likely film there is probably Captain Marvel. She's going to get a movie sooner or later, and she's rumored to be getting an introduction in Cap 3 (much like Dr Strange).

Here's what I'm thinking the schedule looks like:
05/06/16: Captain America: Civil War
05/05/17: Captain Marvel
11/03/17: Thor: Ragnarok
05/04/18: Black Panther
07/07/18: Avengers 3 Part 1 (Mighty vs New?)
11/02/18: ??? (Inhumans? Blade? Nick Fury / SHIELD? Nova?)
05/03/19: Avengers 3 Part 2 (Thanos?)

I'd still kill for Ph's idea of a standalone Loki film, too.

Last edited:
Anyone here watch Comic Book Men? Season 3 hit Netflix about a week ago and Season 4 just started up. I find it pretty interesting. I also have found out that my "key issues" i inherited from my pops are probably worth way less than I thought

Anyone here watch Comic Book Men? Season 3 hit Netflix about a week ago and Season 4 just started up. I find it pretty interesting. I also have found out that my "key issues" i inherited from my pops are probably worth way less than I thought

I like it. Buncha fuggin nerds.

ZAPZIC is the most entertaining to me. Just a seemingly normal middle aged dude except that he really loves comics

I also enjoy Walt's negotiation tactics compared to Rick from Pawn Stars, who will just laugh at you until he gets your antique civil war item for $4.50

It must be demoralizing thinking that you have some sort of TREASURE then a dude who lives in his mom's basement just shits all over you

I've watched several episodes. Those guys are are so nerdy, but I think they're great. The best is when people come in trying to sell their crap, thinking they are going to get X dollars, and then Walt quotes him a number that is like one tenth of what the guy was looking for and their faces just drop.

Back