• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Seems like Reed Diamond is the first member of Joss Whedon's crew to show up in AoS. Not counting Gregg since he came along before Joss. Normally I'd expect someone like Amy Acker (I know she's busy with Person of Interest) or Fran Kranz to have a recurring role, but maybe Joss is truly leaving things up to his brother.

I bet Acker will be back on AOS at some point.

Superman Returns was the worst. Of course, I never saw Catwoman or Elektra.

Good episode of AOS tonight. Definitely liked getting more Ming-Na. Maybe it's just me but I felt like they let her cleave a little more so they could show "Agent 33" couldn't fill out the dress as well. The fight was well choreographed.

One thing that has stumped me is why is Skye going out on missions Trip could easily do.

Here is a glowing review of Star Wars Rebels from Grantland. This is the new animated series on Disney XD and the first Star Wars product since Disney acquired Lucasfilm. It takes place between Ep. 3 and Ep. 4 but doesn't have any familiar faces in the main cast.
[h=3]‘Star Wars Rebels’ Preview: Finally, a New ‘Star Wars’ Adventure Made by Obsessive Fans[/h]It's pretty good. My boys really like it.

One thing I took away from last night's episode is even more appreciation for Disney's corporate synergy. Before the commercial break, C3PO and R2-D2 showed up as part of an Imperial diplomacy meeting going on a trip in a vehicle that looked like the Star Tours ride at Hollywood Studios. The first commercial was for a new Disney XD show called "Becoming" produced by ESPN Films in which they profile athletes as kids. The second was the new trailer for Big Hero 6. My 2 year old said, "What's that movie, Daddy?"

Still haven't seen Catwoman or Superman Returns. I thought Spiderman 3 was worse than Elektra and Hulk.

Ended up being the second straight legitimately great episode of AoS last night.

Bottom 2 for me, since the era of "legit" superhero movies started (so not including Corman's FF and the other early 90s crapfests) are Catwoman and Elektra. I still haven't seen the first Ghost Rider, even though I bought the DVD ages ago, just can't get motivated for it.

Anyway, I'll resolve Catwoman vs Elektra using the basis that Halle Berry in catsuit is hotter than Jennifer Garner in Elektrawear, so Elektra is the worst of the worst.

The Ed Norton Incredible Hulk movie sucked pretty much too. Not on a Catwoman/Superman Returns level but jeez it just stunk. I liked the Bana Hulk better

The Ed Norton Incredible Hulk movie sucked pretty much too. Not on a Catwoman/Superman Returns level but jeez it just stunk. I liked the Bana Hulk better

The Incredible Hulk was definitely the weakest Marvel Studios film, but was much better than Hulk.

DC says "we're still in the game!"

2016:

March 25: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice
August 5: Suicide Squad

2017:

June 23: Wonder Woman
November 17: Justice League

2018:

March 23: The Flash
July 27: Aquaman

2019:

April 5: Shazam
June 14: Justice League 2

2020:

April 3: Cyborg
June 19: Green Lantern

http://www.newsarama.com/22447-warn...-flash-green-lantern-aquaman-cyborg-more.html

The article states this is not their complete list.

Interesting that Suicide Squad is getting a movie before each member of the Justice League and they're waiting to release the Batman and Superman solo dates.

DC says "we're still in the game!"

2016:

March 25: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice
August 5: Suicide Squad

2017:

June 23: Wonder Woman
November 17: Justice League

2018:

March 23: The Flash
July 27: Aquaman

2019:

April 5: Shazam
June 14: Justice League 2

2020:

April 3: Cyborg
June 19: Green Lantern

http://www.newsarama.com/22447-warn...-flash-green-lantern-aquaman-cyborg-more.html

The article states this is not their complete list.

I wonder if Suicide Squad and Flash will be connected to the TV universe already established with Arrow and Flash? Seems like doing a Green Arrow movie would be a pretty safe choice, but I honestly don't know that the movie format could/would improve very much on what the show is doing.

i still like Tom Mison; probably not a big enough name for Marvel at this point

that's a weird thought

I wonder if Suicide Squad and Flash will be connected to the TV universe already established with Arrow and Flash? Seems like doing a Green Arrow movie would be a pretty safe choice, but I honestly don't know that the movie format could/would improve very much on what the show is doing.

They've addressed this and unequivocally said that movies and tvs are not interrelated. Obviously things can change but I'd bet the farm they mean business on this point.

Back