• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

lol #comics:

That's actually a fine comic series, though a major step down from the predecessor, Infinity Gauntlet. I imagine the movie "Infinity War" is going to have a lot more in common with the Infinity Gauntlet series than War. Actually I don't have to imagine it, I guarantee it, they don't have enough time to cover Warlock and then Magus given the release schedule.

That's actually a fine comic series, though a major step down from the predecessor, Infinity Gauntlet. I imagine the movie "Infinity War" is going to have a lot more in common with the Infinity Gauntlet series than War. Actually I don't have to imagine it, I guarantee it, they don't have enough time to cover Warlock and then Magus given the release schedule.

I agree. They just used the Infinity War name because its more marketable.

The best part of the Infinity War in the comics for me was the interaction between Dr. Doom and Kang the Conqueror.

The Infinity Gauntlet was interesting in that the Avengers were almost more supporting characters than anything. They were pretty helpless against Thanos.

Not a comics reader, but my impression is War:Marvel::Crisis: DC. Correct?

One comic I did read was Identity Crisis. I know they've had a few other Crisis events since then.

Not a comics reader, but my impression is War:Marvel::Crisis: DC. Correct?

The commonality is that each is a major crossover event that intertwines a mini series with most all of the other comic books. They both also deal with stakes at the highest level, literally the fate of the entire universe, actually make that plural in DC's case. The main difference is the actual consequences. In the grand scheme of things, little changed in the MU, but DC uses Crisis to clean up decades of continuity and history. At least that was their intent.

The Infinity Gauntlet was interesting in that the Avengers were almost more supporting characters than anything. They were pretty helpless against Thanos.

I'm so curious if the Adam Warlock Easter eggs (cocoon on Collector's ship) are going to have a payoff. While the Avengers were basically cannon fodder, Warlock actually mattered in that story.

I was more talking in terms of their catch words that are signatures of their brand.

I was more talking in terms of their catch words that are signatures of their brand.

Not really. Marvel does a lot more "major" crossover events than DC...but DC's are usually bigger and more impactful in scale. The Crisis events just come along when DC decides to reboot everything every five or six years.

Not really. Marvel does a lot more "major" crossover events than DC...but DC's are usually bigger and more impactful in scale. The Crisis events just come along when DC decides to reboot everything every five or six years.

Right. _______ Crisis is associated with DC and _______ War(s) is associated with Marvel.

Never really thought about it but I guess you have a point about Marvel

Secret Wars
Secret Wars II
The Evolutionary War
Infinity War
Civil War
World War Hulk
War of Kings
Chaos War
Kree-Skrull War
Avengers-Defenders War
Thanos War
Mys-Tech War
The Magneto War
Messiah War
Revolutionary War
Ultimate War
Wraith War

The "wars" are often follow ups to other events, though. Infinity Gauntlet, Secret Invasion, Planet Hulk, Messiah Complex, etc. there are a lot of "wars" but I wouldn't consider those analogous to the Crisis events exactly. Still, it does seem Marvel is partial to using War as a theme.

Casting speculation from Forbes about who might play Captain Marvel.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhug...ight-don-the-cape-for-marvels-captain-marvel/

I think Rosamund Pike would be a good choice to play Carol Danvers.

But there was a black female Captain Marvel for years in the comics. She even led the Avengers for a time in the 80's. Her name was Monica Rambeau and they changed her codename a few times. She goes by Spectrum now. Rihanna or Kelly Washington would be good choices for her.

Monica_Rambeau_(Earth-616)_Mighty-Avengers_1.jpg

The title of this thread is bumming me out. I keep seeing Cumberbatch = Dr. Strange and thinking there's been an announcement I've missed but realized that the title is a few days old when we all thought that was true.

Back