• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

The 100 also got renewed. Anybody watch that show? Thursday is my favorite TV night with The 100, Blacklist and Vikings.

Has anyone heard if Marvel plans to stick to the comics and kill off Captain America? I thought I read somewhere that this is going to be the last movie with RDJ as Iron Man, so it seems like it would make more sense for Captain America to win the war. Of course, that would require them to write their own story, but I'd be all for it if they're capable. On that note though, while the first trailer makes it look like Bucky and CA might kill him, the second one definitely looks as though CA is about to lose. I'd bet that's the end/next to end scene battle where CA says "I can do this all day," which also references back to first CA movie, implying that things may have come full circle for him.

Pretty sure everyone will be back for Infinity War.

The 100 also got renewed. Anybody watch that show? Thursday is my favorite TV night with The 100, Blacklist and Vikings.

The 100, on paper, seems like a show I should like. I watched the first ep and it just didn't connect with me though and I haven't checked out any more. It's on my list to give another chance.

Also renewed, and definitely off topic for this thread, is Crazy Ex Girlfriend. I think it's a gem of a show, my favorite comedy now.

Tuesdays, for me. The Flash, AoS, B99, and iZombie. And The Grinder, I guess. I've been digging that show lately.

I watch Brooklyn Nine Nine and New Girl so I get the end and beginning of The Grinder and Grandfathered most weeks. Both look hilarious.

Tuesday is definitely my big TV day even more so with Broad City back in the mix. I still tape The Muppets but haven't watched it since the 5th episode.

I watched the first season of the 100 on Netflix and really enjoyed it. But I'm not watching it as new episodes come out since I'm several seasons behind.

Huge news. That's awesome

Wow, Civil War looks AMAZING, everything looks awesome, the lone exception being the super CGI'd spidey suit. With a universe that has leaned toward realistic-looking suits/costumes, that was way too computerized and smooth/seamless.

Either way, it won't matter too much in the end or affect my enjoyment of the movie.

The whole premise of Tony being all gung-ho for oversight of the Avengers does seem uncharacteristic, though. Every movie the character has been in has been "I'll do me, you do you," and I don't see that huge of a character shift being too logical unless they really write the hell out of it. It does make sense to have Cap have that shift to the anti-gov't stance, but not the other way around with Iron Man/Tony Stark.

Wow, Civil War looks AMAZING, everything looks awesome, the lone exception being the super CGI'd spidey suit. With a universe that has leaned toward realistic-looking suits/costumes, that was way too computerized and smooth/seamless.

Either way, it won't matter too much in the end or affect my enjoyment of the movie.

The whole premise of Tony being all gung-ho for oversight of the Avengers does seem uncharacteristic, though. Every movie the character has been in has been "I'll do me, you do you," and I don't see that huge of a character shift being too logical unless they really write the hell out of it. It does make sense to have Cap have that shift to the anti-gov't stance, but not the other way around with Iron Man/Tony Stark.

Go watch the Iron Man and Avengers flicks again.

Completely disagree on Stark. His shift began all the way back in Iron Man II, and really was brought to a head in Age of Ultron. Tony finds himself responsible for the creation of Ultron and the death and destruction of his friends and thousands of innocents.

Just finished the last of the three new dc animated films on Netflix (I'm so cool). Justice War was dope, all three were quite enjoyable. Immediate thoughts are Justice War>Flashpoint Paradox>Son of Batman

I really did not like Justice League: War. Felt like the script was written by a 12 year old. GL, WW, and Billy/Shazam were particularly annoying. There were as many plot holes as random boom tubes that opened up near the climax. It ranks near the bottom of DC Animated Films I've seen. Most of the DC Animated films are meh and not particularly memorable. This one was bleh.

I really did not like Justice League: War. Felt like the script was written by a 12 year old. GL, WW, and Billy/Shazam were particularly annoying. There were as many plot holes as random boom tubes that opened up near the climax. It ranks near the bottom of DC Animated Films I've seen. Most of the DC Animated films are meh and not particularly memorable. This one was bleh.

Hahahaha GET EM!!!

I wasn't really looking for anything that substantial, just good animation, good fights, and accurate characterization of the heroes/villains involved. I read the reviews on this thread before viewing so expected it to be the worst, but I enjoyed it the most out of the three. That being said I think you have more knowledge of the genre as a whole, so I respect your opinion, and won't argue that it's anything more than a decent enough highlight of the general netflix fodder (made better by the fact that I love most superhero shit).

Yeah. There is a high bar for DC animation given the greatness of the DCAU and Young Justice.

Back