• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

CBM: Daredevil Season 2 on Netflix (spoilers)

Snyder is basically a Michael Bay clone. At least Bay embraces it.

For DD, I'm convinced the critics decided they didn't like it before they even watched it. Because sequels are to be hated. Especially for comic book flicks...and Ph is right on that DD S2 has been one long movie (just like JJ and DDS1). To me, I think that's where we are going. What has the MCU been other than a Super Hero serial that just happens to come out in theaters a couple times a year? This is where the medium is going. It isn't just comic movies any more. The stories told in these types of settings require more than a 2.5 hour narrative. I, for one, love it. It allows for greater depth of story...and it helps a studio like Marvel because even their worst films tend to be looked upon favorably because the audience knows the next episode is right around the corner.

I hate how dark Agents of SHIELD is. I'm not talking about the tone of the show. They literally look like floating heads. I've tried adjusting the color settings on my tv but that didn't help much. I wish someone would bring a flashlight to the set so I could see what is going on.

The show is disappointingly bad and is by far the worst thing Marvel is putting out at the moment.

one episode left of daredevil.

definitely enjoyed it. probably as much as season one. best part is the punisher stuff. very well done. i have been less enthusiastic for the hand as bad guys. not because it is not filmed well, good fight scenes etc. it's just sort of a nebulous, lifeless enemy. polar opposite of the kingpin.

in bvs / flash news snyder continues to make poor choices.

Mr. Snyder told the New York Daily News (the same newspaper that doubled as The Daily Planet in the only truly great Superman flick, Superman: The Movie), that he didn't think that Gustin was "a good fit" for whatever it is he's building with Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and beyond.

Another quote was more revealing about how much power Mr. Snyder wields beyond the films he's directing, though. “I’m very strict with this universe and I just don’t see a version where… that [tone] is not our world.” The Flash is a show that celebrates selflessness and features a hero not afraid to show his emotions and seek occasionally non-violent solutions to problems, by the way.

http://www.denofgeek.us/movies/the-...er-on-why-grant-gustin-isnt-in-justice-league

Snyder is basically a Michael Bay clone. At least Bay embraces it.

For DD, I'm convinced the critics decided they didn't like it before they even watched it. Because sequels are to be hated. Especially for comic book flicks...and Ph is right on that DD S2 has been one long movie (just like JJ and DDS1). To me, I think that's where we are going. What has the MCU been other than a Super Hero serial that just happens to come out in theaters a couple times a year? This is where the medium is going. It isn't just comic movies any more. The stories told in these types of settings require more than a 2.5 hour narrative. I, for one, love it. It allows for greater depth of story...and it helps a studio like Marvel because even their worst films tend to be looked upon favorably because the audience knows the next episode is right around the corner.

I also think this is probably what's happening with BVS. Critics were predisposed to not like it (kind of like I am and it seems everyone here is). I am going to try to go into it with an open mind.

First episode of Daredevil down and I enjoyed it. Little things still bother me more than they should but I enjoy watching.

Back up to 41% on RT. Here is the consensus:

Critics Consensus: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice smothers a potentially powerful story -- and some of America's most iconic superheroes -- in a grim whirlwind of effects-driven action.

There's a rumor that Captain Britian may be getting a tv show. Not sure if it will be developed for both sides of the pond or just for British tv.

one episode left of daredevil.

definitely enjoyed it. probably as much as season one. best part is the punisher stuff. very well done. i have been less enthusiastic for the hand as bad guys. not because it is not filmed well, good fight scenes etc. it's just sort of a nebulous, lifeless enemy. polar opposite of the kingpin.

in bvs / flash news snyder continues to make poor choices.

http://www.denofgeek.us/movies/the-...er-on-why-grant-gustin-isnt-in-justice-league

Snyder is inching into Josh Trank "most hated director" territory for me. He seems to hate fun. Flash with Gusten... fun, so it doesn't work for him. When you put THE two biggest comic book icons into a movie, how can that not be fun? Oh yeah, you're Zack Snyder. WB has one last chance to salvage their universe and that's to have Snyder decide to pursue other projects before Justice League gets started in earnest.

A lot of the "civilian" tweets I've seen (meaning not from the premier) still show some excitement for Wonder Woman. Her movie really needs to be a home run or it's time to have an Infinite Crisis and reboot.

Miscellaneous stuff:

Supergirl continues to be better when it's J'onn J'onzz centric. I've been hoping to see J'onn enjoying his Chocos and this week's finally delivered. I think it would have been cool if they made more subtle use of that, like, before Henshaw was revealed to be J'onn, he'd begin a scene with finishing a snack of some sort, with a box of Chocos in the background. CBS doesn't do subtle though.

Don't forget, the Supergirl-Flash crossover is this week.

I have no excitement for Marvel's Most Wanted. I'll check it out, of course, but I'll bail early if I'm not wowed right off the bat.

As I was watching an episode of the Justice League animated show on Netflix, it occurred to me that (DAREDEVIL SPOILER BELOW)
The mastermind for this season of DD was Lex Luthor (voice in animated JL) ETA - Ok, so not overall mastermind for the season, but rather for the Punisher's arc.

Last edited:
You're killing me with that spoiler. How much DD do I need to have seen to open it?

So much good CBM on Netflix now. Can't wait to rewatch Young Justice. I wish there was an option to tell Netflix "I can't watch this yet, but I would totally watch Season 3."

Sorry, it's unfortunately a last episode spoiler, so all of it. Dick move, I know.

deachead, just finished and sent a direct msg regarding your spoiler. did not want to accidentally leak anything.

i enjoyed the entire season with a few smaller caveats i mentioned previously. i enjoyed the few little easter egg things that happened to close out the season in the last few minutes. one in particular.

how they handled the last matt / karen interaction

Fair enough that I was overstating things.

I think the main problem with BvS, and conversely Man of Steel, is David Goyer. He's a hack writer. Blade 3 was atrocious, as is everything he's done past that. His involvement with Nolan's TDK trilogy was apparently just a story supervisor, and that's where he should stay. Snyder is what he is, a machismo director in the vein of Bay, so you have to counteract that with a screenwriter who's going to give him a tight script to work with.

I think part of the problem is WB and DC's working relationship. Kevin Feige is the architect of the MCU, and so much so that some directors are afraid of doing a Marvel project. It's clear that WB was content to give Snyder a ton of power over this project, where Geoff Johns probably needs to be the architect.

BVS is down to 34% and 1.5 stars on RT.

Anybody planning on seeing it tomorrow?

Supergirl was a good reset episode. Nice way to go into Flash crossover. The Silver Banshee plot reveal was weak and could have waited.

Last edited:
definitely not seeing it this weekend. i am still curious and if i can get away at some point i'll catch a matinee but i spent most of my "if i can get away" time this week working from home and watching daredevil.

netflix, please look at the numbers and show us the number of individual users accounts that watch at least 2 episodes of dd this weekend. you don't need to look at ip or devices that access (though it would be more accurate since multiple users are using the same account).

Back