• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Barry and Kara mostly work solo anyway. Barry and Kara aren't really the leaders of their teams. J'onn leads the DEO along with Alex. Team Flash is led by a committee of Iris, Cisco, and Wells from Earth-2.

Also, Oliver and Sara have parallel histories. I thought that was a nice nod to Season 1 Arrow.

This was a high point of the Arrowverse and the genre all together. It wasn't the best episode per se. But they pulled off something very difficult very well. It was the TV version of The Avengers. This pulled it off better than The Defenders did.

While on topic, I'm not sure how I feel about good Killer Frost. But I definitely liked her interactions with Rory.

I liked her. I'm not surprised they haven't used her much in Flash because it's kind of weird but it was fun seeing her as one of the good guys last night.

hahahahaha
88469b89b1b5b2fe9044ac52ced88257.jpg

Barry and Kara mostly work solo anyway. Barry and Kara aren't really the leaders of their teams. J'onn leads the DEO along with Alex. Team Flash is led by a committee of Iris, Cisco, and Wells from Earth-2.

Also, Oliver and Sara have parallel histories. I thought that was a nice nod to Season 1 Arrow.

This was a high point of the Arrowverse and the genre all together. It wasn't the best episode per se. But they pulled off something very difficult very well. It was the TV version of The Avengers. This pulled it off better than The Defenders did.

While on topic, I'm not sure how I feel about good Killer Frost. But I definitely liked her interactions with Rory.

Oh, it makes total sense narratively. Oliver and Sara are elite level tacticians and leaders. But from a star power perspective, Barry and Kara probably get more eyeballs per week than the other two on the CW.

I just found it interesting.

Oh, it makes total sense narratively. Oliver and Sara are elite level tacticians and leaders. But from a star power perspective, Barry and Kara probably get more eyeballs per week than the other two on the CW.

I just found it interesting.

That's kind of the point of a crossover though. Give exposure to "lesser known" characters and encourage people to watch other shows. That's probably why Legends got moved to Tuesday after The Flash. I started watching Legends after watching the first crossover. I had no interest in watching it before that. I'm kinda pissed I'm a few episodes behind now because it would have made Stein's death more of a gut punch.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/crisis-on-earth-x-legends-of-tomorrow-ratings-1202625815/
The “Crisis on Earth-X” crossover event again paid dividends for The CW, with “Legends of Tomorrow” hitting its highest ratings of the season on Tuesday night.
This week’s “Legends of Tomorrow,” which served as the conclusion of the four-part crossover, pulled in a 0.9 rating in adults 18-49 and 2.8 million viewers. That is an increase of nearly 90 percent in both measures compared to last week’s episode of the series.

Here are the CW ratings overall:
https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/cw-2017-18-season-ratings/

The Flash is by far the highest rated show on CW. The other three get about the same ratings.

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/cw-2016-17-season-ratings/

Last season, the four shows were the highest rated on the network.

Last edited:
Surprised that Flash is higher rated than Arrow. Why do you think that is Ph? I've only watched Arrow so is Flash better?

CBM: CW Crisis on Earth X Crossover / Agents of SHIELD returns

I didn't start watching Arrow until after the first Flash-Arrow crossover.

Other people may not have caught on yet themselves. Maybe the dark tone doesn't work for everybody.

The Flash is a more well known superhero than all the rest. So that could explain it.

Got ya. That was really the only thing that jumped out in my mind, didn't know if I was missing something else as well.

i like all these articles about the HIGH STAKES of Infinity War and how some characters stories are gonna end.

if it's just Vision dying zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Feige has said Phase 4 is going to be an overhaul of the established characters of the MCU. I believe him. Waaay upthread we had a discussion on what do you do with aging superheroes, especially ones like Thor and Cap that don't age like regular humans. We're about to find out.

Feige has said Phase 4 is going to be an overhaul of the established characters of the MCU. I believe him. Waaay upthread we had a discussion on what do you do with aging superheroes, especially ones like Thor and Cap that don't age like regular humans. We're about to find out.

It's been speculated that they could go the comic route and let Falcon or Bucky take up the mantle for Cap. Maybe bring in Riri to be the new Iron Man. I feel like both of those decisions aren't set up very well yet. I think maybe sunsetting those characters for a while and make way for a new batch of heroes would be a good idea but at the same time, it's hard to move away from the drawing power of Iron Man and Captain America.

Given how well the MCU is running right now though, I have trust that Feige will handle this well.

Also this:

tumblr_p06yb8zohr1rvya9ro1_1280.png

Not really. Evans and Hemsworth are in their mid-30s. RDJ isn't too old to run lines and voice a CGI character. Plus we've already seen them CGI RDJ himself. They've probably already been de-aging him in post production. Same goes for Ruffalo. Doesn't really matter how old Stark and Banner are anyway.

And they pilot tested re-establishing these characters with Lady Thor, Falcon Cap, Asian Hulk, and Black Girl Magic Ironheart. That did not go over well.

The problem isn't aging. The problem is the actors just not wanting to do it.

I think the main ones will end up doing cameos in the new trilogies and Avengers movies.

"The problem isn't aging"? Um, ok. Let's look at the scoreboard after IW2 to see who out of Hemsworth, RDJ, Ruffalo and Evans will be around for phase 4 when the time comes.

Right. Hard to argue two 30-something hardbodies are too old to be Thor and Cap.

I'm not sure they're as needed for phase 4 as you might think. They've got Holland as Spider-Man, Boseman as Black Panther, Larson as Captain Marvel, GoTG for at least one more go, Cumberbatch as Strange, Adam Warlock and Nova will be coming...plus Marvel/Disney seem to be making a play that would open up bringing the FF, Silver Surfer, Namor and X-Men under their control. Marvel is already pretty well set up for the next iteration of the Avengers without Thor, Cap, and Iron Man.

Then on the TV side they still have S3 of DD, JJ, Iron Fist and Cage. They will likely get multiple seasons for Punisher, they could intro Netflix versions of Moon Knight, Ghost Rider, Blade, etc.

Marvel is stacked with characters.

Which is why Disney spent $4B on Marvel. It was a bargain given how productive they've been. Every MCU film made since the 2009 purchase except Cap 1 and Thor made at least a half billion worldwide. Those were the 2nd and 3rd MCU Disney films. Even Big Hero 6 made over $650M.

In only 8 years, Disney has made 12 MCU films, 1 animated film, 8 TV series, and 1 animated series. Let's not lose sight of how amazing that is.

Last edited:
unless they get paid, son
I mean, Hemsworth, Evans, Scar Jo, Ruffalo, Hiddlestone, and Cumberbatch are all A-listers - they can all get paid more for starring in their own in individual non-marvel films, and they all get paid seperately for the use of their likeness in merch and Disney related shit.

Back