• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

DC followed up an underwhelming Justice League movie with a wholly satisfying CW Crossover that did justice to 15 total seasons these shows. Lots of feels in Part 4.

Hmmmmm that didn't give me any tingles. I think it might just be a poorly cut trailer. No beat gets more than half a second (other than Cap walking out of the shadows which was probably the best part).

Since Thanos goes waaaaay back for me as a favorite character (I'm talking about Captain Marvel #28 when it originally came out) I geeked out hard. I should have made a reaction video.

Yeah, I dunno. There's a lot going on there. I really liked "Get this man a shield", too. Surprised they showed Vision getting the mind stone ripped out of his head in the trailer. Thor/GotG was cool.

How heartbreaking was that finale? I was hoping he'd have a happy ending but theres something fitting about him going out fighting nazis.

Runaways felt a bit slow this week but set up some things for the future. I think this is episode 4 of 10? These shows seem stronger when it's around that number. I think the gifted is supposed to be about that many right? Legion was 8.

I guess the lone exception is the inhumans but that was just bad writing.

How heartbreaking was that finale? I was hoping he'd have a happy ending but theres something fitting about him going out fighting nazis.

Heartbreaking and then uplifting. That whole crossover was a love letter to fans. I do feel bad for people who didn't realize they really needed to watch all four shows. The other crossovers were more geared toward the show each show as opposed to a 168 min movie.

Finished the cross over up this evening. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Was a lot more like a 4 part movie than anything connected to the other 4 shows. I don't watch any of them but Arrow and thought it was great.

Crisis on Earth X is easily the most fun I’ve had watching television in a long time. It was really well paced, gave adequate time to a lot of different characters, some fun call backs, an emotional crescendo with “Grey”...all with some comic goofiness and over the top sci-fi action. Just so super satisfying.

I did find it interesting that when the entire team was on the Waverider the two characters that got highlighted as the leaders were Oliver (not surprising as he’s the OG on the CW) and Sara (not Barry, not Kara). My wife pointed out maybe they wanted to get more people interested in Legends...either way I found it interesting that the beginning of the climax put a spotlight on that character.

Also...that Avengers trailer, IMO, is just so much more exciting than any JL teaser that ever came out.

Crisis on Earth X was the best crossover they've done. It was great seeing Mick and Snart back together. The two of them just steal every scene they're in. I hope that with Snart sticking around on Earth-1, that means we get to see more of him.

Crisis on Earth X is easily the most fun I’ve had watching television in a long time. It was really well paced, gave adequate time to a lot of different characters, some fun call backs, an emotional crescendo with “Grey”...all with some comic goofiness and over the top sci-fi action. Just so super satisfying.

I did find it interesting that when the entire team was on the Waverider the two characters that got highlighted as the leaders were Oliver (not surprising as he’s the OG on the CW) and Sara (not Barry, not Kara). My wife pointed out maybe they wanted to get more people interested in Legends...either way I found it interesting that the beginning of the climax put a spotlight on that character.

Barry and Kara mostly work solo anyway. Barry and Kara aren't really the leaders of their teams. J'onn leads the DEO along with Alex. Team Flash is led by a committee of Iris, Cisco, and Wells from Earth-2.

Also, Oliver and Sara have parallel histories. I thought that was a nice nod to Season 1 Arrow.

This was a high point of the Arrowverse and the genre all together. It wasn't the best episode per se. But they pulled off something very difficult very well. It was the TV version of The Avengers. This pulled it off better than The Defenders did.

While on topic, I'm not sure how I feel about good Killer Frost. But I definitely liked her interactions with Rory.

Back