• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Looks like I'll be watching Punisher instead of going to see Justice League. 43% on RT. They need to hand the reigns to Patty Jenkins and dump Zack Synder.

What does Snyder have on DC/WB execs? That dude hasn't made a decent movie in over a decade and they keep letting him make movies.

Apparently DC prides themselves on letting a director follow their vision with little interference. Compare that to marvel that wants to work very closely with the director to make sure the marvel vision is maintained.

But he's probably got pictures involving farm animals.

Apparently DC prides themselves on letting a director follow their vision with little interference. Compare that to marvel that wants to work very closely with the director to make sure the marvel vision is maintained.

But he's probably got pictures involving farm animals.

I realize that, but the fact that he's helmed so many bombs is kind of weird. I realize that they make money, but the DC canon by Snyder objectively sucks.

Have you seen Ragnorak? Between Ragnorak and Black Panthers, I think Marvel may be reversing their stance.

I realize that, but the fact that he's helmed so many bombs is kind of weird. I realize that they make money, but the DC canon by Snyder objectively sucks.

Have you seen Ragnorak? Between Ragnorak and Black Panthers, I think Marvel may be reversing their stance.

Not sure about Black Panther. Remember Ava DuVernay passed on Black Panther for "creative differences." I think Marvel has a tight lock on how they want their characters portrayed and want to make sure certain story beats are included. I think the director sets much of the tone otherwise.

I really don't understand the trust in Snyder. WW is the only film he's had anything to do with that rates on par with the Marvel films.

Not sure about Black Panther. Remember Ava DuVernay passed on Black Panther for "creative differences." I think Marvel has a tight lock on how they want their characters portrayed and want to make sure certain story beats are included. I think the director sets much of the tone otherwise.

I really don't understand the trust in Snyder. WW is the only film he's had anything to do with that rates on par with the Marvel films.

300 is pretty great.

I actually liked Watchmen, but I dont know anything about the source material.

The Punisher comes out at midnight. Early Metacritic reviews sound familiar: Good but not enough content to fill 13 episodes.

I thought The Defenders being 8 episodes meant they had learned something, but I guess it was all about the money. There is really no excuse for The Punisher to have a 13 episode origin story considering we're already familiar with the character.

Last edited:
Still haven't watched Stranger Things 2 yet. Too much NBA and the DC shows.

I actually liked Watchmen, but I dont know anything about the source material.

Movie was OK - source material is amazing. I think if I hadn't read it, I would have liked the movie more. However, having read the graphic novel, it is quickly apparent how lacking the movie is in comparison.

Agree about 300 and WW. Ragnarok was really good.

Also, don't understand the continued support of his vision for these movies. They have really been a mess.

Agree with ph's post. Marvel gives a short leash and when it looks like it's going "wrong" they step in to protect their vision. They switched ant man's director but with ragnarok or gotg they seemed to like the tone and story and gave more room.

As far as I'm concerned they already did punisher's origin story. They better just tell the next chapter. Also, count me as wishing they streamlined the season.

Marvel just effortless made a third Thor movie to near universal acclaim that has made 2/3 of a BILLION worldwide in 2 weeks.

Meanwhile, DC made a JL movie that should be a sure thing that looks to only get love from the people desperate for it to be good.

Just saw Ragnarok. Really enjoyed it. Sometimes it tried too hard to be funny but mostly the humor was natural and welcome. Great action scenes, A+ use of Led Zeppelin's Immigrant Song.

Why Does Aquaman’s Trident Have Five Prongs in Justice League?

111617_browbeat_momoa.jpg.CROP.promo-xlarge2.jpg

Geez. They can't get anything right. Now it's just a pitchfork.

What's the worst IMO about the D.C. movies and JL is that i'm going to the movie because it has WW in it, excited to see what they do with Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg, and could care less how much Batman and Superman are in the movie. No idea how one accomplishes that.

By jumping the gun to put out a shitty Batman vs. Superman movie.

Back