• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

They can? What are their highest grossing non-Marvel films as a lead actor?

Which is why Disney spent $4B on Marvel. It was a bargain given how productive they've been. Every MCU film made since the 2009 purchase except Cap 1 and Thor made at least a half billion worldwide. Those were the 2nd and 3rd MCU Disney films. Even Big Hero 6 made over $650M.

In only 8 years, Disney has made 12 MCU films, 1 animated film, 8 TV series, and 1 animated series. Let's not lose sight of how amazing that is.

Just silly.

CBM: CW Crisis on Earth X Crossover / Agents of SHIELD returns

Agents of SHIELD Season 5 is extremely ambitious. Wow. I didn't read a whole lot of speculation but nothing I read got even close to correct about where Coulson was and why.

Banner week for superheroes on TV. Amazing stuff.

(Did anybody watch Inhumans? I didn't watch past the premiere.)

Last night, Spider-Man 3 was on FOX Movies. I watched bits and pieces of it. I forgot it came out one year before Iron Man. Aside from the fact it is just not good, it looked extremely outdated.

I'm not sure if it doesn't take place in 2007 or what. I do realize 2007 was a huge turning point in technology and that may factor into it.

Three scenes stood out. MJ opened up a flip phone and scrolled through her contacts on a two toned screen. Peter calls MJ on a pay phone near his apartment. JJ is watching the big final battle in a construction site in a crowd maybe 50 yards away. He buys a kid's camera and there's no film.

One thing the MCU did was push technology ahead so the films wouldn't look outdated. I watched some of the opening scenes of Iron Man afterward and they still look great. The cave scene is still amazing almost 10 years later.

I think Iron Man was the first blu-ray I ever owned/saw. Looked so good in HD.

AoS premiere was good.

I haven't watched the CW shows yet this season, aside from the premieres and maybe 2 episodes of The Flash.

Oh how the tables have turned. You should at least watch the Slade eps of Arrow and the crossover.

I was planning on keeping up with Arrow, but the DVR screwed up the 2nd or 3rd ep this season, and I don't have the patience to deal with watching through the CW app. Maybe I'll give it a go sometime this week.

I'm so fucking sick of Barry & Friends, though. That show got so bad.

I think Iron Man was the first blu-ray I ever owned/saw. Looked so good in HD.

AoS premiere was good.

I haven't watched the CW shows yet this season, aside from the premieres and maybe 2 episodes of The Flash.

The first DVD i watched was Rules of Engagement with Samuel L Jackson. I remember being able to see through the bullet holes in the flag and thinking "whoa".

The Disney/Fox deal is getting close and it sounds like a monster deal. Will affect not just Disney getting their Marvel properties back, but also a stake on Hulu and Fox Regional Sports nets.

From CNBC:

The deal contemplates the sale of Fox's Nat Geo, Star, regional sports networks, movie studios and stakes in Sky and Hulu, among other properties. What would remain at Fox includes its news and business news divisions, broadcast network and Fox sports.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/05/dis...al-could-be-announced-next-week--sources.html

So ESPN would decimate FOXSports' regional operation and Disney would get bigger stake in Hulu.

Last edited:
SoI'll refrain from further comment about tonight's Flash other than to say two things:

1. It's pretty clear the Arrowverse needed the crossover to help kick things in high gear. Last night's Supergirl and tonight's Flash were a step up, particularly in the villain department.
2. Holy shit!

I read an article earlier that makes a pretty convincing argument that Legends, while just seemingly zany and episodic, may actually be setting up a major re-set or otherwise shift of the entire Arrowverse.

So ESPN would decimate FOXSports' regional operation and Disney would get bigger stake in Hulu.

My guess is ESPN is eyeing the regional sports nets as part of their streaming strategy. Not sure those regional networks as standalone channels make much sense in 2017, but the content they House makes a lot of sense for OTT streaming.

Jessica Jones is the next Netflix show. Debuts on March 8.

Infinity War comes out in less than 5 months. Between now and then we have 20 eps of Agents of SHIELD, most of The Runaways, Cloak and Dagger, and Jessica Jones, all on four different channels/platforms.

And Black Panther.

Amazing what Marvel is doing.

I'm pumped for Black Panther. That trailer is amazeballs.

Teaser trailer for Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse. This is the Miles Morales animated film slated for next Christmas. It looks beautiful. Kinda weak that Miles Morales doesn't get his own film though.

Spent the weekend catching up on Runaways. I’m enjoying it for sure, but the plot is a little meandering and could stand to be tightened up a bit.

The Gifted fall finale was promising. It added a necessary dimension to the show. So far it has only been mutants vs. humans.

Meandering plot seems to be a persistent issue for streaming superhero shows. I didn't think the Punisher was that bad on that front though. The whole pace was slow and steady.

Additional note: AOS is going to run straight through Christmas. No break. The 100th episode is slated for Feb 9 which is the Opening Ceremonies of the Winter Olympics.

If it takes a break for the Winter Olympics (which they should), the season (maybe series?) finale would be on May 11, a week after Infinity War opens.

Last edited:
Holy shit that ending in the Gifted. I agree, it added a necessary dimension to the show and introduced some really awesome characters in the process. Easily the best superhero show on TV right now.

Back