• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Got walk up tix 90 minutes ahead of time for the 8:15, showed up 25 minutes early for seating and there is already a long line. This movie will do very strong business for a while based on what ive seen. The casual walk-up movie goer wont be able to get a weekend ticket for a while.

I saw it in a sold out IMAX theater with a TON of kids. Normally, that’s a recipe (for me, at least) for a less enjoyable movie experience.

Those dozens of kids didn’t make one peep all movie long. I felt like that spoke volumes about the experience.

Got walk up tix 90 minutes ahead of time for the 8:15, showed up 25 minutes early for seating and there is already a long line. This movie will do very strong business for a while based on what ive seen. The casual walk-up movie goer wont be able to get a weekend ticket for a while.

SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP

That counts today since it’s a holiday.

The speculation is that if Marvel had any idea this would make this much money, they would have released it on a regular 3 day weekend to try to get it over $200M.

Game changer movie. So good. My son is 8 and now lives in a post-Obama, post-BPanther world.

We saw it at BAM in Brooklyn, stuffed into a theater turned temporary movie theater (where Chris Rock shot Tamborine last year) and the audience was sooooo into it, possibly more than son. The scene where the CIA agent is first told not to say another word and then barked at brought down the house. It was crazy.

Game changer movie. So good. My son is 8 and now lives in a post-Obama, post-BPanther world.

We saw it at BAM in Brooklyn, stuffed into a theater turned temporary movie theater (where Chris Rock shot Tamborine last year) and the audience was sooooo into it, possibly more than son. The scene where the CIA agent is first told not to say another word and then barked at brought down the house. It was crazy.

But, he was able to fight through that adversity and save the African village and the world from its evil weapons.

Maybe I'll put this in unpopular opinions thread, but I thought this was a subpar movie for Marvel. This and Ant man are the bottom of the list.

Viewings of BP at my theater on U St are sold out until next week. BOOOOOOOOOOO.

Might have to head to Chinatown or Georgetown, don't want to wait that long.

Saw it last night. Thought it was really good. Really compelling characters all around, great writing and acting from everyone. Soundtrack was great and I don't even like hip-hop. great cinematography/imagery.

Interesting. I think BP is most similar to your top two and those three are my top three.

Back