• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Maybe I like ultron more than I thought. But I’m def not in step wirh most, I get they

CBM: Black Panther $201M 3-day weekend (spoilers)

So what is everybody’s top 5 and bottom 5 going into Infinity War?

Top Five:
Civil War
Winter Soldier
Black Panther
Avengers
GoTG Vol. 1
Honorable Mention: Spider-Man Homecoming

Bottom:
Thor: The Dark World
Iron Man 2
Ant-Man
Age of Ultron
Guardians Vol 2

All the movies, for reference:

Iron Man (2008)
The Incredible Hulk (2008)
Iron Man 2 (2010)
Thor (2011)
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
Marvel's The Avengers (2012)
Iron Man 3 (2013)
Thor: The Dark World (2013)
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
Ant-Man (2015)
Captain America: Civil War (2016)
Doctor Strange (2016)
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)
Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
Black Panther (2018)

My top 5:

Civil War
Winter Soldier
Black Panther
GotG vol 1
Ragnarok (although I feel like Iron Man 1 should be here, just because it got it all started)

Bottom 5

Captain America: The First Avenger
Thor 1
Thor 2
Ultron
Iron man 2

Ironman 2 was really not good, and I wasn't crazy about Iron Man 3. I don't usually count that Hulk movie as one of these, but if I did, I guess I would boot Thor 1 out of the bottom 5.

Last edited:
Top Tier

Avengers, Black Panther, Winter Solder, Civil War

Second Tier

GOTG, Iron Man, Ragnarok, Homecoming

Third Tier

Ultron, GOTG 2

The rest.

Last edited:
here's what I've got

Black Panther
Thor: Ragnarok
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy
Captain America: Civil War
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Marvel's The Avengers
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Iron Man
Doctor Strange
Thor
Ant-Man
Iron Man 2
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Iron Man 3

I think I'm lower on Iron Man 3 than most. I liked The Dark World, but yeah, real testament to the quality of the movies that it still shows up in the bottom 5 here. Ultron was bad.

Have not see Black Panther yet, but here's mine:

Marvel's The Avengers
Iron Man
Captain America: Civil War
Guardians of the Galaxy
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Captain America: Winter Soldier
Ant-Man
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Iron Man 3
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Thor
Iron Man 2
Doctor Strange

Not much compares to the first theater screening of the Avengers for me, so that's hard to top.

Top 5
Avengers
Black Panther
Civil War
Guardians of the Galaxy

Bottom 5
...maybe Age of Ultron?
Iron Man 2
Iron Man 3
The Incredible Hulk

I can’t even remember what Iron Man 2 was even about. That’s how forgettable it was.

Ultron was such a disappointment of a villain. Not even really menacing.

I think the further we get from Guardians vol. 2 the more forgettable it’ll become, too.

I think the further we get from Guardians vol. 2 the more forgettable it’ll become, too.

I think I agree with you here. We'll remember Baby Groot, but that's about it.

That being said, I still like almost all the movies in my bottom 5.

All the movies, for reference:

Iron Man (2008)
The Incredible Hulk (2008)
Iron Man 2 (2010)
Thor (2011)
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
Marvel's The Avengers (2012)
Iron Man 3 (2013)
Thor: The Dark World (2013)
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
Ant-Man (2015)
Captain America: Civil War (2016)
Doctor Strange (2016)
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)
Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
Black Panther (2018)

Top 5 (no particular order):
Iron Man
Captain America 1
GOTG 1
Black Panther
Spider Man Homecoming

Honorable mention: Thor Ragnorok, Winter Soldier, Ant Man

Bottom 5 (no particular order):
Doctor Strange (really wanted to like this one because I love Cumberbatch and the character, but meh)
Iron Man 3
Thor 1
Thor 2
GOTG 2 (tried too hard to be funny)

I don't think I have seen Incredible Hulk 2008.

Incredible Hulk is a really weird movie. Norton doesn't bring the charm that RDJ brought to Iron Man, and the humor that you find in virtually every Marvel movie since is pretty noticeably absent. It's a weird, self-serious slog of a film with a Hulk that's really more of a monster than the Avengers/Ruffalo version. It really sticks out from other MCU films and representative of how Marvel was still feeling things out at the time.

Incredible Hulk is a really weird movie. Norton doesn't bring the charm that RDJ brought to Iron Man, and the humor that you find in virtually every Marvel movie since is pretty noticeably absent. It's a weird, self-serious slog of a film with a Hulk that's really more of a monster than the Avengers/Ruffalo version. It really sticks out from other MCU films and representative of how Marvel was still feeling things out at the time.

Yeah. It only came out a few months after Iron Man, so they weren't able to build off the success of Iron Man. The probably felt like they needed to rush a Hulk film out because the Hulk was the most well-known character available to them at the time and they needed to get rid of the stench of that awful Ang Lee film from a few years early. The Incredible Hulk is near the bottom of my list, but it's not a terrible film.

Yeah. It only came out a few months after Iron Man, so they weren't able to build off the success of Iron Man. The probably felt like they needed to rush a Hulk film out because the Hulk was the most well-known character available to them at the time and they needed to get rid of the stench of that awful Ang Lee film from a few years early. The Incredible Hulk is near the bottom of my list, but it's not a terrible film.

Agree, it's not a bad film by any stretch. It just doesn't quite feel like it fits in the MCU all the time.

Iron Man 2 and Age of Ultron both kind of stunk but they were top three Marvel trailers imo (with GOTG).

Back