• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Top 5 (no order all those the top 3 are a tier above):

Black Panther
Captain America: Civil War
Captain America: Winter Soldier
Iron Man
The Avengers
(Spider-Man: Homecoming barely misses the cut and could jump up on further viewings)

Bottom 5:

The Incredible Hulk
Thor: The Dark World
Iron Man 2
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Thor (last one is tough)

Iron Man 2 and Age of Ultron both kind of stunk but they were top three Marvel trailers imo (with GOTG).

Iron Man 3, Ultron, Civil War, and now Infinity War have my favorite trailers. Hopefully Infinity War is more like Civil War than the other 2.

Iron Man 2 was the classic "ummm, we may have run out of ideas until we can bring this all together, soooo, here is a cool villain with no real plot."

And like people have said, it's crazy how the best DC movies (Justice League/Wonder Woman) wouldn't crack my top 5, while most would be in my bottom 5. None of the X Men movies except for Logan would have a chance at cracking my top 5 (but at least none of the newer ones would be in my bottom 5). I've always really liked Spiderman 2, so that MAY sneak into my top 5, but I doubt it. The genre has just come too far. But man I loved Alfred Molina as Doc Oc. Spiderman 3 would be in my bottom 5, but I would really like to see Thomas Haden Church (Sandman) get into the new universe.

Last edited:
CBM: Black Panther $201M 3-day weekend (spoilers)

I really liked X2 when it came out but I haven’t seen it in a long time. Agreed on Spidey 2 but I haven’t seen it in a long time either. I doubt either would do better than just above the bottom 5 MCU.

None of the Nolan films would crack the MCU top 5. Dark Knight just doesn’t age as well as Iron Man. Ledger is definitely a top 5 performance though.

I really liked X2 when it came out but I haven’t seen it in a long time. Agreed on Spidey 2 but I haven’t seen it in a long time either. I doubt either would do better than just above the bottom 5 MCU.

None of the Nolan films would crack the MCU top 5. Dark Knight just doesn’t age as well as Iron Man. Ledger is definitely a top 5 performance though.

Disagree on Dark Knight. Spidey 2 would be top to mid tier MCU. X2 mid to bottom.

I watched most of X2 the other day. Awesome first scene but the rest of it is kind of dull compared to what we get from Marvel now.

That describes the X-films in general.

Same but they’re kind of dull compared to the average Marvel film. That’s a shame because the X-Men have a more fantastical range of powers than the Avengers.

Finally got to see it tonight. That was really fun and the ladies absolutely stole the show.

Top 5:
Guardians of the Galaxy
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Black Panther
Ant-Man
Doctor Strange

Bottom 5:

Avengers 2
Thor: Dark World
Thor
Iron Man 2
The Incredible Hulk

Finally got to see it tonight. That was really fun and the ladies absolutely stole the show.

Top 5:
Guardians of the Galaxy
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Black Panther
Ant-Man
Doctor Strange

Bottom 5:

Avengers 2
Thor: Dark World
Thor
Iron Man 2
The Incredible Hulk

Does anyone else find it a bit crazy that when this thread started, there were 3 MARVEL MOVIES. Thor wasn't out yet, so we had Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, and Iron Man 2.

Now we have 18. I only thought of this because it always surprises me that we can do top and bottom 5 lists and there's still a bunch of movies left over in the middle.

For the record, my top 5 is (in order):
Winter Soldier
GOTG1
Avengers
Thor:Ragnarok
Civil War.

Bottom 5 in no particular order:
Captain America 1
Iron Man 2
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 3
Thor

Yeah. I went back and read the first few pages awhile back. I was shocked Thor got good early reviews.

Yeah. I went back and read the first few pages awhile back. I was shocked Thor got good early reviews.

Considering what we'd been used to at the time, it probably was pretty good. But now, the bar has been raised.

Considering what we'd been used to at the time, it probably was pretty good. But now, the bar has been raised.

I still think it was good. Just at the time, I didn’t think it was that possible to what Marvel Studios has consistently been able to do. And the failures of the other studios justifies my skepticism.

Black Panther projected to make $102 million in its second weekend.

http://variety.com/2018/film/box-office/black-panther-box-office-second-weekend-1202709785/

“Black Panther” has earned the highest day total for a Marvel film each day for the past week, including $14.2 million on Thursday. It’s earned over $520 million globally in its first seven days and $320 million domestically. With the addition of this weekend’s number, “Black Panther” will have earned more domestically in its first two weekends than the entire run of any Marvel title from the last year, including “Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2,” which earned $389 million.

————

It’s going to be hard for Infinity War to top this. I’m sure the trailers will definitely include a lot of shots in Wakanda to build off the momentum.

I still think it was good. Just at the time, I didn’t think it was that possible to what Marvel Studios has consistently been able to do. And the failures of the other studios justifies my skepticism.

Yeah it's a good movie. My bottom 5 of Marvel films is still better than most movies.

Back