• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Loki. Elektra. Ward. Coulson. That's all of the top of my head.

Movies have a different schedule so resurrections are going to happen far less frequently than comics. Bottom line, when they want a character, they'll bring back that character. They just have no need to bring back Malekith and they probably never will.

Want to bet on Quicksilver? My o/u for his return is 3 years after the X integration.

Loki. Elektra. Ward. Coulson. That's all of the top of my head.

Movies have a different schedule so resurrections are going to happen far less frequently than comics. Bottom line, when they want a character, they'll bring back that character. They just have no need to bring back Malekith and they probably never will.

Want to bet on Quicksilver? My o/u for his return is 3 years after the X integration.

When was Loki portrayed as truly dead? Not appeared dead to characters in the film, but appeared dead to the audience.

The others are on TV which may as well be a separate universe.

By the way, Agents of SHIELD returns tonight. I saw that the team is planning on this being the last season. I think they should go all in with AOS and set Season 6 in Wakanda.

Klaue? Def. doesn't cheapen his death of being summarily executed in a junk yard. I really liked Serkis' character; I want to know more about him.

Killmonger? I don't know if it does cheapen it because.... [eta: I haven't read through the comments on the movie here yet, so maybe we covered this]

it's a nice moment because he's a pretty sympathetic bad guy. we all get his frustration and maybe even agree with it, even his methods on some level and you sort of want to see what would happen if he succeeds. but there's the thing about his death scene. He's like "throw me in the sea" like the slaves choosing death over bondage. But he's not facing bondage as a slave, he's facing incarceration for murder, usurpation of the government and plans for planetary scale crimes against humanity.

So, I think he's a bad ass bad guy. I like the cold streak in him; he's actually menacing unlike most of the bad guys in the Marvel universe. I think he could come back, sure.

Also, really love the female roles in this film. Finally an analog to the bad-ass Amazons in the DC universe.

I think confusing Killmonger's methods with his motivations is where people are getting mixed up.

Ha, I can't even debate this notion that tv and Netflix aren't part of the MCU. That's fundamental baseline stuff.

Ha, I can't even debate this notion that tv and Netflix aren't part of the MCU. That's fundamental baseline stuff.

Of course, it's part of the MCU, but I was talking about Kilmonger and Klaue coming back in a movie. TV and movies operate separately, unfortunately. You can't look at what the TV shows have done and extrapolate that to the movies.

Good point above about Klaue coming back as a being of pure sound. Smart move to bring in the premiere mo-cap actor to eventually play a mo-cap character.

What's interesting about Quicksilver's death which I didn't realize until I started reading the original Avengers comics is that there is a scene in one of the early issues where Quicksilver is trying to help a woman escape and takes some stray shots. He obviously doesn't die though but it was clear that that scene in the movie is a callback to the early comics.

he was boring, though

Way better than Hawkeye. At least they acknowledge how lame he is. I had forgotten the scene in Ultron where he is trying to convince to Scarlet Witch to help and says: "The city is flying, we’re fighting an army of robots and I have a bow and arrow. None of this makes sense."

and when talking about killing Quicksilver: "Nobody would know. Nobody. Yeah, The last I saw him, Ultron was sitting on him. Yeah, he’ll be missed, quick little bastard. I miss him already."

Renner and the writers get the most out of a boring character.

Has it been confirmed that there was a deal for Fox to use Quicksilver and Marvel to use Scarlet Witch?

Don't recall details but they were a grey area. Members of Avengers and X-men but could not call them mutants.

Hawkeye isn't a boring characters in the comics, but the MCU version definitely is. His translation to the big screen has been one of the writers biggest failures so far. Scarlet Witch and the MCU Quicksilver are also big failures. Really contrasts with Falcon, Groot, Rocket Raccoon, Starlord and Gamora who are all far better than their comic book counterparts.

i dunno, the just kind of went all in on "he's just a dude living in a world of super monsters" and Renner isn't bad.

Black Panther with an estimated $66 million in its 3rd weekend. It has made over $500 million domestically and almost $900 million worldwide.

It crushed Red Sparrow, the Jennifer Lawrence film that some thought was similar to what the rumored Black Widow solo film would be.

I thought Agents of SHIELD was interesting this week. I'm glad they're back in present time. Are they setting up Thunderbolts maybe?

I remain confused but intrigued by AOS. Interesting that the villain had similar weapons to Nakia in Black Panther.

Back