• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Also worth noting The Flash would have come out already if they had been able to hire and retain a director. And it seems development on The Batman has been pretty quiet, too. I have to imagine WB might be thinking of scrapping this whole run and starting over in the near future.

That’s a real misleading post. I thought you were talking about prospects for Deadpool 3 under Disney.

We had discussed the animated project here.

How is Black Lightning holding up? I liked what I saw in the pilot, but have been hesitant to commit because it's on the CW. For the record, I watched 2 seasons of Arrow (in an attempt to see Flash) and couldn't really get into it.

Last edited:
It's holding up very well. It's the best first season of a CW show and I really liked the first seasons of Arrow and Flash.

It's a good balance of family drama, superhero origins, good villains, a deeper mystery, and social commentary. It's hard to explain without spoilers, but it's definitely worth a watch. Every character is complex and interesting in his or her own regard. Some of the plot points that seem questionable early start to pay off later on.

Here are some non-spoiler lines from a review of last week's episode that explain some of the show's strengths with the family dynamic (I won't even link the review to prevent spoilers for you):

"The reason it feels that way, and not overly rote, is because Black Lightning is a show rooted in character. No matter what’s happening with superheroes and villains in Freeland, the Pierce family remains the show’s focus. The amount of time the show spent developing these characters in those early episodes is paying off now, elevating familiar stories into something more meaningful and nuanced."

"Black Lightning understands that Jenn and Anissa aren’t the same people, and while that may seem obvious, it’s worth noting. That kind of understanding of character, which influences their actions, is integral to making this familiar story hit its mark."

"Not isolating the Pierce family from each other, and from their lives as superheroes, is proving to be the show’s greatest strength as the season nears its end. The conflicts feel real, rooted in character motivations that are organic and informed by backstory..."

It's refreshing to see Black Lightning get its main characters right after seeing Flash waste its characters from show to show, like Caitlin/Killer Frost and Wally.

I thought you were talking about prospects for Deadpool 3 under Disney until I clicked the link.

Oh, I thought the line "Bummer. On paper, Donald Glover + animated Deadpool sounds promising." was indicative that my post was about the Deadpool animated show. I'll strive for more specificity in the future.

I read from left to right, top to bottom. I'll do better next time.

This post is about the live action movies X-Men: Dark Phoenix and New Mutants, both of which have been pushed back.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-me...he-new-mutants-gets-pushed-back-again-a159043

The X-Men delay doesn't seem like a big deal, just 3 months, but I have a hunch New Mutants won't make it to the big screen. Apparently they're looking to reshoot half of it.

Here's a tidbit that's caused somewhat of a tizzy. I'll make you, the reader, work for it, if you really want to know. There's a character listed on the Metacritic cast list for Infinity War that is a surprise. This listing isn't on IMDB. I'll leave it at that to avoid potential spoilers. Check it out if you want. Or don't, to keep your distance from spoilers. I only ask that you not bring it up for discussion until we're post spoilers.

Speaking of, the embargo for IW is going to be more like a Star Wars movie, keeping things tight-lipped until the very end. This isn't an "oh no the movie sucks" rationale you typically see, but just a means to keep spoilers from circulating. My inference from that - some shit's going down.

Yeah they’ve been pretty upfront that people will die. There are some obvious guesses (Cap) and no way in hell guesses (T’Challa).

There’s one actor I’ve heard is cast who really has me curious.

It's holding up very well. It's the best first season of a CW show and I really liked the first seasons of Arrow and Flash.

It's a good balance of family drama, superhero origins, good villains, a deeper mystery, and social commentary. It's hard to explain without spoilers, but it's definitely worth a watch. Every character is complex and interesting in his or her own regard. Some of the plot points that seem questionable early start to pay off later on.

This bears repeating after tonight's episode. The early episodes were very good in their own merit. Now after the payoff has started to kick in, everything has taken knew meaning.

Something I didn't mention before is that Black Lightning is different than the other CW shows in that there isn't a freak of the week (Supergirl and Flash) or mission of the week (Legends) or a single big bad of the season with a convoluted way of getting there (Arrow). It's just a cohesive story with lots of different characters than come in and out of the main story line.

And the fight scenes keep getting better. They're not heavily and obviously choreographed like Arrow and Legends. And they're not special effects laden like Supergirl and Flash. It's a delicate balance.

Last edited:
This is about the cancelled animated Deadpool series.

Glover released his script for the finale, open in Twitter for the whole thing:

Sounding like all the CW shows relevant to this thread are coming back, with the notable exception of iZombie being on the bubble.

I've been avoiding this thread until I could catch up on Jessica Jones S2. I think it had some good moments but suffered from a most uninteresting villain. The angle that she was JJ's mom was interesting but I think anyone was going to pale in comparison to David Tennant's Purple Man. Even the few scenes he was in this season he ended up stealing the scene. Such a good actor.

I don't think it was Iron Fist bad but I can't think of any of the other Netflix seasons I'd put ahead of it.

Haven't watched JJ S2 yet for a variety of reasons. I am admitting to myself that Iron Fist and The Defenders have nearly killed my interest in the Netflix series. Iron Fist was a big dropoff in quality and The Defenders didn't help enough. The Punisher was good, but not enough to get me super hyped for JJ even though I loved S1. Disappointed that Iron Fist will be in Luke Cage.

Back