• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

I haven't enjoyed any seasons of the Netflix shows where there are ninjas involved, so it's unfortunate that they're so prevalent. Sadly, I thought Iron Fist was the most interesting of such seasons, but that main actor just kills the entire character for me.

So for that reason, JJ season 2 ranks higher than a lot of them for me, and while the villain wasn't as intriguing, I thought the season moved the character along nicely.

Last edited:
I liked the first Daredevil season and it has gone downhill from their. The first JJ season was ok (too long) and the second Daredevil was also just ok. I couldn't make it through Luke Cage. I thought it was dull as hell. Can't bring myself to watch any of the others now.

Between Daredevil and Arrow, I'm really tired of ninjas, something I never thought I'd say. The fight scenes in last night's Arrow were just boring.

Haven't watched JJ S2 yet for a variety of reasons. I am admitting to myself that Iron Fist and The Defenders have nearly killed my interest in the Netflix series. Iron Fist was a big dropoff in quality and The Defenders didn't help enough. The Punisher was good, but not enough to get me super hyped for JJ even though I loved S1. Disappointed that Iron Fist will be in Luke Cage.

JJ Season 2 is fine. The villain problem gets bad around Episode 9, imo, and Epsiodes 9-11 are pretty bad (again), but the show ends on a positive note and the first string of episodes were great.

The biggest problem with the standalone series model that Netflix uses, imo, is that the seasons are all consistently 4-5 episodes episodes too long. Defenders wasn’t great, but at 8 episodes, it told a full story and didn’t drag as much as the 1.5 story arcs-model of the Netflix shows.

Iron Fist was really bad, but, outside of that, these shows still have good casts, solid action sequences, and do a good job of creating the street-level world that Marvel tv and movies have never really done a great job developing, but that is so central to the experience of reading comics. It’s just a shame that every season is about 3 hours too long.

CBM: Marvel's Jessica Jones Season 2 debuts March 8

DD S1 and JJ S1 are the only seasons that didn’t have a villain problem by the end. Either the villains get worn out or the second or third villain isn’t as appealing as the first.

Overall the villains are very good with a few exceptions.

Last edited:
I bet the Luke Cage writers are really kicking themselves. You have a guy who is about to win an Oscar for best supporting actor, and you kill him off halfway through and tank the show.

DD S1 and JJ S1 are the only seasons that didn’t have a villain problem by the end. Either the villains get worn out or the second or third villain isn’t as appealing as the first.

Overall the villains are very good with a few exceptions.

I still think JJ S1 was too long. I would have to go back and watch DD S1 to see if it has the same problem.

Also, Arrow is trash. 2/6 seasons have been watchable and the rest are unwatchable, imo. What plot line hooked you on that show, Ph?

ETA: Villains in JJ S1 and DD S1/S2 were my favorite overall. Villain in Punisher was good, even if I didn’t love the season that much. Villains in Luke Cage and JJ S2 were fine, but they undercut each in different ways. Villains in Iron Fist were amazingly awful and the Defenders sucked because of how badly they capitalized on the buildup from awesome villainy in DD S1/2.

Last edited:
I bet the Luke Cage writers are really kicking themselves. You have a guy who is about to win an Oscar for best supporting actor, and you kill him off halfway through and tank the show.

Yeah really.

I still think JJ S1 was too long. I would have to go back and watch DD S1 to see if it has the same problem.

Also, Arrow is trash. 2/6 seasons have been watchable and the rest are unwatchable, imo. What plot line hooked you on that show, Ph?

I thought Season 1 was good and Season 2 was very good. Other seasons have had occasional high points like last season's finale. The crossovers have been good, especially the most recent one. At this point, it's more than I don't have another Thursday drama I watch so I can just keep up with it. At least they aren't forcing the flashbacks this season. Unfortunately, they've had about 5 different ongoing plots and dropped all of them.

Are you watching Black Lightning? It's easily the best CW superhero show and really shines a light on the flaws of the other shows except Legends which is doing quite well in it's own lane. There's been more drama, tension, and quality acting about developing metahuman powers in the last two eps of Black Lightning that among the 40-50 metas who have appeared on the The Flash combined.

Last edited:
Yeah really.

I thought Season 1 was good and Season 2 was very good. Other seasons have had occasional high points and the crossovers have been good, especially the most recent one. At this point, it's more than I don't have another Thursday dram so I can just keep up with it.

Are you watching Black Lightning? It's easily the best CW superhero show and really shines a light on the flaws of the other shows except Legends which is doing quite well in it's own lane. There's been more drama, tension, and quality acting about developing metahuman powers in the last two eps of Black Lightning that among the 40-50 metas who have appeared on the The Flash combined.

It’s on my list. I agree with you that Legends is good for what it is.

The ET homage early in the season sold me on Legends. The Civil War episode showed they can deftly handle some weighty material while getting into the usual hijinks.

I'm a few eps behind on Legends. I saw an ad for next week's which looks to be the team saving a young Barack Obama from Gorilla Grodd with the tagline "Make America Grodd Again."

That's a high degree of difficulty there. Good luck.

Last edited:
The ET homage early in the season sold me on Legends. The Civil War episode showed they can deftly handle some weighty material while getting into the usual hijinks.

I'm a few eps behind on Legends. I saw an ad for next week's which looks to be the team saving a young Barack Obama from Gorilla Grodd with the tagline "Make America Grodd Again."

That's a high degree of difficulty there. Good luck.

I'm even farther behind than you. That said, if any CW show can pull that off (or would pull that off), then it would be Legends. That ET episode was just perfect.

There's so much going on next week for the next Legends.

Grodd vs Obama in an episode titled "Guest Starring John Noble". Noble is already around as the voice of Mallus but from what I understand, for this episode he'll be playing himself while he's playing the role of Denethor. That's nuts!

This killed off a good villain as a shocker to introduce a crap villain.

Who was supposedly the big bad.

Mariah and Shades salvaged the end of that season.

That you don't remember show how lame that switch was. Cottonmouth was good then they pivot to diamond back. Not a good choice.

That wasn’t a question. I was continuing the point. Diamondback was a lame villain who was hyped up to be the big bad in the first part of the season and then he was lame.

That wasn’t a question. I was continuing the point. Diamondback was a lame villain who was hyped up to be the big bad in the first part of the season and then he was lame.

Agreed. Had Cottonmouth been the villain all season or even the big bad for the second half, I think Luke Cage would be up there with Jessica Jones s1 for me.

Completely forgot Fox had announced a Doctor Doom movie led by the Legion showrunner.

Basically he has a grand vision for Doom in a political thriller. Hasn’t talked to Disney about Doom or Legion but he doesn’t think Legion is in danger as long as people like it.

Seems like a Doctor Doom film could be a darker take on Black Panther. Leader of a small country stepping into the spotlight. I would welcome an MCU Doom film as the first to feature the villain and to avoid yet another F4 origin film.

http://observer.com/2018/03/legion-fargo-noah-hawley-talks-doctor-doom-film-disney-fox-sale/

In this era of celebrity tech oligarchs it should be fairly easy to write an interesting Doctor Doom story.

Back