• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Interesting "review" on Fresh Air. Lots of raving about tomorrow night's ep but with no spoilers. Just a brief overview of the plot and a plea to get listeners to watch the show.

By the way, I think we can assume Legion will be coming back after the Disney acquisition given that The Gifted is coming back for Season 2.

Ebony Maw, one of Thanos' Lieutenants in the Black Order. They're fairly new, introduced in the Infinity series a few years ago. That image with Strange is straight from Infinity and a hint for a major plot point I won't mention.

Corvus Glaive is the guy taking Vision's stone.

Also, Proxima Midnight on the left, Black Dwarf on the right. I don't think we've seen Super Giant yet.

black-order.jpg

How did this stay secret so long? The actress on the left, playing Proxima Midnight, is none other than Carrie Coon. She's on my short list of "best up and coming actor/actresses working today."

I'd bet on Disney keeping Legion as is, so long as it's "prestige" and getting whatever viewer #s they like. That show has been very vague about connections to a broader universe. David's dad is a bald dude in a wheelchair, is all we know. Here's a pre-emptive "my bad" if they name checked him already, I don't remember that. Outside of the Shadow King, most everyone else is involved is a new character so it'll be easy enough to plop him into whatever exists post merger. Or just treat this all as some delusion.

They haven't named checked Xavier yet that I remember. The astral plane has come a long way since this:

I hope folks either have tickets for Thursday night's Infinity War or they take the batteries out of their devices and unplug their computers until they see it. I've already inadvertently stumbled upon a spoiler from the first 20 minutes, which has been shown to some audiences. My real suggestion - don't read any comments in any article about IW.

My wife and I can't make our usual Friday morning showing. Damn kids and their field trips. May have to wait until Saturday to see it. Or see it Friday afternoon and pretend I haven't. We may pitch a kid swap with other parents who want to go.

I was bracing for a show that was all visuals based on Sepinwall's review. The last episode was very good. Loved the introduction of Farouk and his whole plotline. Aubrey Plaza continues to impress and look damn good doing it.

Aubrey is my favorite actress and the reason I started watching the show but then got hooked on the show because of how well it was shot and how creative Noah Hawley is. (BTW, Aubrey had some funny and typically awkward talk show appearances last week.) Love the casting, especially her and Jemaine Clement last year, and this year I love the new Shadow King character, and the Jon Hamm narration is good. I had the song Swinging on a Star playing over and over in my head for a couple of days after it was on the music box Syd didn't like and Aubrey and Jemaine sang it as they raided Division 3. Was also amused it was the Banana Splits' theme song that got Kerry and Carrie unstuck. Hawley's music choices are interesting.

The show getting Jemaine to sing is a huge bonus. If Brett shows up for a parody folk duo, that episode will be my favorite of the year across all of television.

Blackhawk is not a property I ever expected would get its own film. I was mildly surprised they warranted inclusion in the old Justice League cartoon.

So were Flash and the Black Lightning season finale. I won’t give out spoilers but the to kill or not to kill narrative was apparent in both and last week’s Legion.

Flash could redeem itself over the stretch run. Last night was the strongest ep in awhile. If they could address some lingering weaknesses like Caitlin, it would be a very strong finish.

So...sorta CBM related since she was on Smallville, but...how crazy is this??

'Smallville' actress Allison Mack arrested for alleged role in sex trafficking case

Actress Allison Mack, best known for her role as Clark Kent's clever confidant Chloe on CW's "Smallville," was indicted on Friday on charges of sex trafficking, sex trafficking conspiracy and forced labor conspiracy, according to a statement released by the Justice Department.

Mack's arrest is related to her alleged involvement with an organization called Nxivm (pronounced NEX-ium), a group that claimed to be a self-help program but was, in reality, a pyramid scheme in which some recruits were exploited "both sexually and for their labor, to the defendants' benefit," according to U.S attorney Richard P. Donoghue.
Nxivm's founder, Keith Raniere, also known within the group as Vanguard, was also indicted on Friday.
"As alleged in the indictment, Allison Mack recruited women to join what was purported to be a female mentorship group that was, in fact, created and led by Keith Raniere," Donoghue stated.

A sexual pyramid scheme?

Hopefully, Allison will get to play herself and revive her acting career when they turn this into a movie. I always liked her on Smallville.

Same. She was Felicity before there was a Felicity.

Sounds like Allison recruited Kristen Kreuk (Lana Lang) into her sex cult as well.

(Edit: I had it backwards. Kreuk joined first and recruited Allison.)

Last edited:
Yeah that whole story is just weird.

Speaking of weird, I liked the Diaz centric version of Arrow the other night.

Same. That was one of my favorite eps is the season even though it was convoluted to introduce this all powerful crime syndicate at this point in the season. If they had been mentioned by Diaz earlier, the plot would have resonated more.

I’m coming around on Black Siren as the conflicted villain.

Arrow has had a strong run of villains the last couple years. Overall that series has had 3 of the best villains in the Arrowverse.

I kind of like that Arrow went back to Oliver being a lone wolf even though I'm sure it won't last. I didn't like the Diggle fighting angle but I don't miss Curtis, Rene, or fake Black Canary at all.

Back