• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

5786453511241728.png

6099022843215872.png

Luke Cage Season 2 trailer. It looks really good.

It speaks to the amazing work that Marvel has done that they drop the "culmination" film that made a billion dollars worldwide in 10 days and within the next 12 days, they drop two trailers for an upcoming film and TV series.

Here is the Marvel summer schedule:

Cloak and Dagger - June 7 (Freeform)
Luke Cage Season 2 - June 22 (Netflix)
Ant-Man and the Wasp - July 6

It speaks to the amazing work that Marvel has done that they drop the "culmination" film that made a billion dollars worldwide in 10 days and within the next 12 days, they drop two trailers for an upcoming film and TV series.

Here is the Marvel summer schedule:

Cloak and Dagger - June 7 (Freeform)
Luke Cage Season 2 - June 22 (Netflix)
Ant-Man and the Wasp - July 6

Why are the tv shows so mediocre? The film people need more input there or something.

edit: tapatalk posted before my last sentence. wanted to add that from what i've seen, cloak and dagger might be better than the netflix tedium.

Last edited:
Good read. Donald Glover and a well-cast Miles Morales could do very well headlining the Spider-man franchise. I hope they signed Glover to a long-term deal. He's blowing up with "This is America" and as Lando.

The only actors/characters I would really miss would be the GOTG gang. I didn't love the second one but I want to give Gunn another chance to recapture the glory of the first. Otherwise they are all replaceable.

WINTER SOLDIER
Eh. Who cares? As he proved in I, Tonya, Sebastian Stan is a multifaceted actor who will hopefully enjoy a long, colorful career. But if the drippy Winter Soldier stayed dead, would anyone but Cap notice?

Bucky might be my favorite, but they haven't really handled him all that well recently. It was one of my few complaints about Infinity War. He just looked like a dude with a gun. At the very least, make him a badass by giving him some John Wick-like cinematography. Speed him up, make him surgical, and get that arm doing something more interesting than getting in fist fights.

So James Gunn keeps upsetting internet nerds <cough cough> by answering fan questions like "is baby Groot the same one growing up all over?"

Nope. New Groot. Other one died.

Someone tweeted at him "what did Groot's last line mean?" (Said to rocket) He answered and people got upset?!?!

dad

I will admit that adds some feels.

How are they going to bring Black Panther back? Killing him is incredibly stupid.

Upthread it was asked "what happened to Wanda's accent?" A: https://www.comicbookmovie.com/aven...itchs-accent-was-missing-in-the-movie-a160353

To paraphrase the Russos paraphrasing Rick Pitino - "Adam Warlock isn't walking through that door." https://screenrant.com/adam-warlock-avengers-4-russos/

Also if your home country was destroyed you'd probably lose your accent if you moved to the US and started hanging an American from the 40s, a Russian spy, and started dating an android.

How are they going to bring Black Panther back? Killing him is incredibly stupid.

There are a number of ways you can do it.

Thanos used the time stone to bring Vision back from the dead in Infinity War. Dr. Strange used the time stone to bring Wong back from the dead in Dr. Strange. So whoever gets control of the Infinity Gaunlet from Thanos can use the time stone to undo everything or bring back specific individuals from the dead. Whoever gets control of the gaunlet could also use the Reality Gem to create a new Marvel Cinematic Universe that could also provide a path to bring the X-teams and Fantastic Four into the MCU. They could also use the Soul Gem to bring back the dead, Gamora will likely be brought back that way.

Ant-man and Wasp may introduce another way to undo things with the Quantum Realm.

I expect Iron Man and Captain America to reconcile. Then Stark will likely have to sacrifice Cap to wield the Guanlet as both of them make their grand exits from the franchise.

MCU gonna do some Rick & Morty shit and bring "back" slightly similar versions of the same characters from other realities

WINTER SOLDIER
Eh. Who cares? As he proved in I, Tonya, Sebastian Stan is a multifaceted actor who will hopefully enjoy a long, colorful career. But if the drippy Winter Soldier stayed dead, would anyone but Cap notice?

Bucky might be my favorite, but they haven't really handled him all that well recently. It was one of my few complaints about Infinity War. He just looked like a dude with a gun. At the very least, make him a badass by giving him some John Wick-like cinematography. Speed him up, make him surgical, and get that arm doing something more interesting than getting in fist fights.

MCU Bucky is your favorite character?

Back