• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Kind of related but also not, but there was a shout out to Darkwing Duck on this weeks Ducktales. I forgot how much fun that show was.

Very cool. For some reason my boys don’t want DuckTales anymore. They were really excited when it came out.

They also introduced Gizmo Duck. I'm digging it. I don't think it's as good as the original run but it's still a fun watch.

Good news/meh news for comic book tv renewals:

The first is great news actually, iZombie made the cut (haha)!
The second gives me a sense of "well that frees up an hour" - Lucifer did get canned. Whatevs.

My own personal cancellation - I stopped watching Supergirl about 2/3 into an episode a couple of weeks ago when I realized that I just didn't care about what was going on, what developments could be upcoming or any existing plot points about to wrap up. What ultimately killed the show was how uninteresting the Martian fam was when I was hoping for great things from them, since both of those actors are on my "I like this guy" list.

Seems like you need to go back. They introduced a Martian fam plot a few weeks ago that was very well done. Carl Lumbly was brilliant. I mentioned it a few weeks ago. Just search for my Supergirl posts (no spoilers).

The problem with this show is that it doesn’t do week to week plots well. Characters are gone for weeks at a time and they’re barely mentioned. Then they come back and play huge roles. They set up the whole Sam/Reign deal then most of the cast dealt with something else and nobody was like “What’s up with our new bestie, Sam? And has anybody seen our old bestie, Lena?”

That's how I feel about the Flash and Arrow at this point. Don't really miss them anymore. AOS fills the gap for me.

Flash got better although last week was a setback. Wells may have run his course.

Arrow got better although it reveals how many missed opportunities they had all season. They tried to put over Diaz by having him get wins over poorly developed characters or in obvious ways. He’s a pretty good character all things considered.

I've only missed 1.33 Supergirl episodes and certainly saw the Martian centric episodes. You seemed to like them. That's cool, I did not.

CBM: The Avengers: Infinity War - Biggest opening ever ($258M) (spoilers)

I thought it was a good way to bring in real life issues that people face with elderly parents. It just came out of nowhere. Would have worked better if they had set it up over the season.

There’s so much to watch nowadays. I certainly understand quiting a show.

Last edited:
Yeah, I did like the episode where they were initially addressing Lumbley's cognitive degeneration. Not to bring my own personal stuff into this, but perhaps this was a topic I didn't care to spend time with in a superhero show since I've spent the last 5ish years dealing with a parent with ever increasing dementia.

Yeah, I did like the episode where they were initially addressing Lumbley's cognitive degeneration. Not to bring my own personal stuff into this, but perhaps this was a topic I didn't care to spend time with in a superhero show since I've spent the last 5ish years dealing with a parent with ever increasing dementia.

Geez. I can see why you didn’t. My mentor recently died after battling dementia. My biggest fear is dealing with that as a kid. You have my sympathies.

No TaleSpin just DuckTales for now. I thought it was pretty good though. Love the theme song. Still awesome.

Wait... duck tales is back?

What about tale spin?

Not only is DuckTales back, but David Tennant is Scrooge McDuck if that's any incentive. Again, not as good as the original run but I'm loving the hell out of it.

I’m going to agree that Supergirl has been the worst of the bunch this season. Either it can’t decide what it wants to be, what it wants it’s characters to be, or it can decide on those things and they just don’t happen to be that interesting. Reign has been a terrible villain, and maybe that’s part of the problem. Both Arrow and Flash have had good villains this season. Kara has not had an interesting foil since Maxwell Lord.

Geez. I can see why you didn’t. My mentor recently died after battling dementia. My biggest fear is dealing with that as a kid. You have my sympathies.

Thanks, I appreciate that. I'll go waaaay off topic for a real quick PSA just to say, to anyone having to participate in care of someone suffering from dementia/Alzheimer's - there are a lot of resources available to you and they can be very helpful. I'm talking about something like community elderly services and even hospice, which isn't just for someone on his or her deathbed. When the time comes, you'll need all the help you can get, use what you can.

Back on topic - Inhumans was cancelled. The surprise to me was, I didn't know renewal was even an option for that show.

CBM: The Avengers: Infinity War - Biggest opening ever ($258M) (spoilers)

I’m going to agree that Supergirl has been the worst of the bunch this season. Either it can’t decide what it wants to be, what it wants it’s characters to be, or it can decide on those things and they just don’t happen to be that interesting. Reign has been a terrible villain, and maybe that’s part of the problem. Both Arrow and Flash have had good villains this season. Kara has not had an interesting foil since Maxwell Lord.

I think Reign’s potential was squandered by the long break and that none of the main characters knew or cared to find Lena or Sam after establishing that they were all besties. And Lena has to know Kara is Supergirl by now. Does she think Kara just hangs out with her sister and her coworkers at the top secret organization?

If I was Berlanti, I’d have the Akils and whoever showruns Legends talk to the Supergirl, Flash, and Arrow people about pacing and setting up their villains.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/m...newed-for-an-abbreviated-sixth-season-a160590

AoS gets another 1/2 season. Based on the article, this will be their time to wrap things up as they expect this to be the last season absent a ratings spike. They've already played a hand or two that would have helped them deal with the finger snap. They've already gone through time, they've already gone into an alternate reality (sorta but not really). Seems a shame for half the cast to just be gone after they've found their groove. The Framework wasn't truly a different reality so that could be their out. Losing 2 out of 7 regular cast members wouldn't be a freakish improbability (16.4%, I do believe) which might be a way to stay in the timeline and universe and keep a quorum of the cast.

Back