• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

If you want to get some buzz around an unknown property, cast Angelina Jolie.

Shazam! was MEH

Seemed to be influenced by Spielberg

Felt derivative

I’m not even sure why you need Shazam! in a Superman Universe

Compare how much better Shazam was reviewed that MOS and BVS. They need heroes who aren’t Superman.

There may be a hint in there that Spider-Man: Far From Home is set before Endgame as well.

This is a job now?

I think there’s always been people paid to promote blockbuster movies. Olds just really hate when sales and promotions people are called “influencers.”

I think there’s always been people paid to promote blockbuster movies. Olds just really hate when sales and promotions people are called “influencers.”

I assume YOU have heard about The Eternals

When the movie was announced.

In the battle of characters that have ever been named "Captain Marvel" I'm giving the nod to Shazam. It was a great comic book movie, loads of fun that really struck the right tone.

I paid no attention to this movie beforehand, so I knew nothing of casting except for Levi and Strong. So I thought it was neat to start off with John Glover, especially playing the villain's father.

Though I wasn't the world's most ardent Aquaman fan, a lot of people did like it and I don't think they're necessarily wrong. So I'm officially on board that once the stink of Snyder wears off, the DC movie verse is going to be a-ok, as long as Zack has nothing to do with any future movies in any way whatsoever, not even early screenings.

Snyder is like that friend who gets stoned and thinks they're being really deep but it's all just surface level nonsense.

56956467_1019293054920713_2873866817955168256_n.jpg

[h=1]Disney+ Developing 'Hawkeye' TV Series Starring Jeremy Renner[/h]
The show is set to be based on the Hawkeye comics in which Barton passes the torch to the next archer to take on the mantle, Kate Bishop. It will be an adventure series that follows Kate's training to become the Hawkeye of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, allowing Barton to officially retire.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/0...lk4jwij1yCRrpRteH3_bqDwW4wUkLHQj3TBsTjL0plfGk

Interesting. Looks like Endgame may spinoff several Disney+ TV shows.

It's interesting how Disney kinda sorta dipped it's toe into this kind of content with AOS, but then more or less bailed on even acknowledging that shows existence after a couple of seasons. Then there's been Runaways, Cloak and Dagger, and the Netflix series which have only passively acknowledged that this all occurs in the same universe. Clearly they've wanted to have their TV properties act as supporting structures to their larger cinematic ambitions, but they also clearly only want to do it if they have 100% control of that content (and, I'm sure, the $$$ that comes along with it) without any kind of middle man.

I think much of that is because TV was under the control of a guy nobody liked and they gradually wrestled control away from him.

Back