• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

I did the 23 hour star wars marathon at an Alamo when 7 came out and while it was cool I'll probably never want to do something like that ever again.

I have friends that do longer ones every year, but not my thing.

Their marvel one last year was only 28 hours, 12 movies.

Only half of the people who paid got AMC tickets?

I wonder, has anyone said when the Joker takes place? If it is also in the 90's, that would put it in the same time period as The Batman.

I think there's room for a studio to reinvent them and make them better as long as they're in supporting roles. I wouldn't want Gorilla Grodd or Solomon Grundy or Mr. Myzptlz (whatever) carrying a movie.

I think solo movies about The Joker and Lex Luther would be fascinating and a good way to introduce Superman and Batman in a new universe. Ra's Al Ghul with Talia would be great as well. Maybe Sinestro. A Legion of Doom concept could be fun in terms of building a team out of psychopaths, killers, cheats, and such.

Good to see DC going through with a second villains movie.

I would love a Loki movie starring Tom Hiddlestone. Even if they went with a relatively art house budget it would be a benefit to the whole scheme. What is the comic precedent? I feel like the next XMen movie will have the most screen time dedicated to the villain.

Notable post by timdunk with the forthcoming Loki show on Disney+.

this looks cool and I don't need to see bat-stuff but is there a batman around? what is DC doing with their universe, temporally speaking? im sort of down for concurrent versions of their IPs

this looks cool and I don't need to see bat-stuff but is there a batman around? what is DC doing with their universe, temporally speaking? im sort of down for concurrent versions of their IPs

I think there's gonna be a kid Bruce Wayne with his still alive parents

I think there's gonna be a kid Bruce Wayne with his still alive parents

I don’t love that. I’ll still go see it, but part of the point of Batman to me is that he essentially creates his own rogues gallery in response to him. I like being able to wrestle with the question of whether or not Batman is good for Gotham.

I recently re-upped my Marvel Unlimited account and haven't started anything yet. Jason Aaron's Thor run is on the top of my list. If you have recs let me know.

I’ve been going back through some classics. Tom King’s Mister Miracle and Vision. I’m reading Doom Patrol for the first time, which I can’t recommend highly enough. Besides that, I finished Ta-Nehisi Coates’s Black Panther run a few weeks ago (it was pretty good) and I’m following his foray into Captain America, which I like better so far. Perfect writer for a Cap story after the disastrous few years for the character. Finally, when work slows down a bit I’m going to dedicate some time to Ms. Marvel, which I’ve heard is good, but haven’t had a chance to read it yet.

The Cloak and Dagger two ep premiere was pretty good. I am getting a little tired of human trafficking plots in my superhero shows though.

I’ve been reading a lot of DC ever since they finally fleshed out their library a little bit. Tom King’s run on Batman has been absolutely atrocious. Like it’s so bad. Some of the other rebirth titles have been good, though. Titans I’ve really enjoyed.

My 7 year old says Shazam is great

Liked Captain Marvel better, however

I haven’t seen it yet

Hopefully, this weekend

My wife bought tickets for Avengers for the Saturday morning after it opens. She also convinced her parents to keep the kids for the weekend. I chose well.

Back