• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

AOS hasn't been a complete wash. It's been pretty instructive in terms of describing Kree politics. There were fun spinoffs with the Thor movies early on, with Winter Soldier, etc. etc.

I mean the show is not essential, but the movies and AOS have been aligned/internally consistent for a really long time.

they also don't want to make the TV shows required viewing

At this point, no single entity is “required.” Even the Russos said all you needed to watch to prep for Endgame are Civil War and Infinity War.

AOS hasn't been a complete wash. It's been pretty instructive in terms of describing Kree politics. There were fun spinoffs with the Thor movies early on, with Winter Soldier, etc. etc.

I mean the show is not essential, but the movies and AOS have been aligned/internally consistent for a really long time.

Yep. Samuel L. Jackson was even in the last two eps of the first season post-Winter Soldier. AOS introduced the Kree and Inhumans. The latter didn’t really pay off but it was a pretty big get for the show.

By the way, Season 6 debuts May 10 and they’ll not planning to end the show.

At this point, no single entity is “required.” Even the Russos said all you needed to watch to prep for Endgame are Civil War and Infinity War.

Yep. Samuel L. Jackson was even in the last two eps of the first season post-Winter Soldier. AOS introduced the Kree and Inhumans. The latter didn’t really pay off but it was a pretty big get for the show.

By the way, Season 6 debuts May 10 and they’ll not planning to end the show.

Ph, how would you rank the Marvel shows? Is Cloak and Dagger worth checking out?

It’s hard to compare the Netflix shows to the network shows. Cloak and Dagger was very good in Season 1 despite some hiccups in the finale. It’s a slow burn though. The leads have very few scenes with each other until midway through the season. Season 2 had a promising start. They made a good decision to set the show in New Orleans and make a good use of the city.

It’s hard to compare the Netflix shows to the network shows. Cloak and Dagger was very good in Season 1 despite some hiccups in the finale. It’s a slow burn though. The leads have very few scenes with each other until midway through the season. Season 2 had a promising start. They made a good decision to set the show in New Orleans and make a good use of the city.

I might check it out then. I typically enjoy your recs. I really disliked the last few Netflix seasons and am almost through Umbrella Academy, so I’ll give C&D a few eps.

Cloak and Dagger is better than the weaker Netflix seasons.

Counter-point: Cloak and Dagger is nigh unwatchable and was what caused me to officially drop my "if it says Marvel, I watch" policy, which then cascaded to Runaways and The Gifted.

What did you not like about it? The slow burn?

Hellboy is at 13% on RT. I assume it’s not connected to the DCEU given it’s coming out a week after Shazam.

Hellboy is unaffiliated with DC, it's from an indie comic published by Dark Horse (who is responsible for more CBM than most people realize).

What I didn't like about C&D boils down to fundamentals - characters and story. Nothing about the show was compelling in either regard. This has been a boon because it was cleansing to rid other shows that I watched as a "chore" like Runaways.

What did you not like about it? The slow burn?

Hellboy is at 13% on RT. I assume it’s not connected to the DCEU given it’s coming out a week after Shazam.

Great line from the NYT review:
Marshall ... directs like a dog at a squirrel convention, charging gleefully from one witlessly violent encounter to the next.

I really enjoyed Shazam. I had thought about taking my 6 year old to see it but in the end, I'm glad I didn't. I think the scene in the board room would have really freaked her out and the scene with Billy and his mom would have made her cry.

I did really enjoy the different perspectives of the opening carnival scene and thought that was really well done.

[h=1]Two Marvel Nonfiction Projects Coming to Disney+[/h]
https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/04/10/two-marvel-nonfiction-projects-coming-to-disney-/

Marvel’s Hero Project reveals the remarkable, positive change several young heroes are making in their own communities. These inspiring kids have dedicated their lives to selfless acts of bravery and kindness, and now, Marvel celebrates them as the true Super Heroes they are. Marvel’s Hero Project is produced by Marvel New Media in partnership with Maggievision Productions. Executive Produced by Joe Quesada, Stephen Wacker, Shane Rahmani, Liza Wyles and Sarah Amos for Marvel and Maura Mandt and John Hirsch for MaggieVision Productions. Marvel’s 616 (working title) is an anthological documentary series exploring the intersection between Marvel’s rich legacy of stories, characters and creators and the world outside your window. Told through the lens of a diverse group of filmmakers, each documentary will dive into the rich historical, cultural and societal context that has become inseparable from stories of the Marvel Universe.

This is pretty cool, Ser Jorah Mormont is Bruce Wayne.

That Banner and She-Hulk show would be hype.

Legends, man. This show can go from silly to feels to silly feels to feels silly to serious and stick the landing each time.

Back