• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

Also, RIP movie theaters.

Movie theaters have been in serious need of an overhaul for a while now. They price gouge on EVERYTHING and it's ridiculous. At least the ones near me have renovated to have reclining seats, serve alcohol, and have seat warmers and footrests.

Movie theaters have been in serious need of an overhaul for a while now. They price gouge on EVERYTHING and it's ridiculous. At least the ones near me have renovated to have reclining seats, serve alcohol, and have seat warmers and footrests.

When the actual theater gets zero dollars from the ticket sales, you have to make money somewhere.

[h=1]Ava DuVernay, ‘Arrow’ Writer to Develop CW Series Based on DC Character Naomi[/h]
https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/ava-duvernay-naomi-cw-1234846626/

CW is basically doing a huge DC reset around young characters. Within two or three years, the shows will be are Batwoman, Stargirl, Superman and Lois, Green Arrow and the Canaries, Painkiller, and Naomi. Superman and Lois aren't young, but the description suggests much of the show will revolve around their sons and Lana Lang's daughter.

I haven't heard anything about Legends and I expect Flash will be ending within a season or two.

DC Comics character Naomi could soon be coming to The CW thanks to Ava DuVernay and former “Arrow” writer and executive producer Jill Blankenship.

DuVernay and Blankenship are attached to write and executive produce “Naomi.” The potential series follows a teen girl’s journey from her small northwestern town to the heights of the multiverse. When a supernatural event shakes her hometown to the core, Naomi sets out to uncover its origins, and what she discovers will challenge everything we believe about our heroes.
The character originally debuted in her own standalone comic book series in 2019, which was co-written by Brian Michael Bendis and David F. Walker. It was illustrated by Jamal Campbell. In the comics, Naomi had energy-based powers as well as an ability to transform into superpowered form that granted her incredible strength and other abilities.

When the actual theater gets zero dollars from the ticket sales, you have to make money somewhere.

This. The ticket costs cover theater overhead, the concessions are the profit. Streaming services and large screen TVs have driven a trend where Hollywood releases fewer movies to theaters than in the past, so theaters are now forced to cover their overhead with higher priced tickets for tentpole major releases.

Theaters are dealing with the same problem sports venues have had for decades. People can watch the same product at home.

Alfred Molina coming back as Doc Ock.

With Jamie Foxx reportedly reprising his role as Electro, could this be the beginning of the multiverse?

Alfred Molina coming back as Doc Ock.

With Jamie Foxx reportedly reprising his role as Electro, could this be the beginning of the multiverse?

It's a certainty. All that's left is to drop the other shoe about Toby and Garfield.

Reports of dunst and stone joining as well. Finger crossed for Peter Porker.

If you've never been to an Alamo Drafthouse, they're pretty rad. It's basically the only theater I'll go to (or did before the Rona).

I had forgotten until i rewatched Far From Home that J.K. Simmons is in the post credit scene. At the time, I didn't think anything of it considering he's the perfect cast for the role. I guess now my question is: How is that Spiderman viewing a news report from that universe? Or is J.K. Jonah Jamison just eternal?

Last edited:
I had forgotten until i rewatched Far From Home that J.K. Simmons is in the post credit scene. At the time, I didn't think anything of it considering he's the perfect cast for the role. I guess now my question is: How is that Spiderman viewing a news report from that universe? Or is J.K. Jonah Jamison just eternal?

JK Simmons is eternal

Yeah. Those properties will be reverting back to Disney over the next year or so. We’ll see what happens. They could come back on the rumored Disney 18+ side of Disney+. They could just be forgotten, recast, and integrated into planned films and shows. They could be toned down to PG-13 for the regular Disney+. Who knows?

There’s a big Disney shareholder meeting this afternoon that should have more details.

Yeah. Those properties will be reverting back to Disney over the next year or so. We’ll see what happens. They could come back on the rumored Disney 18+ side of Disney+. They could just be forgotten, recast, and integrated into planned films and shows. They could be toned down to PG-13 for the regular Disney+. Who knows?

There’s a big Disney shareholder meeting this afternoon that should have more details.

Keep Daredevil and Jessica Jones. Keep Luke Cage but find him a good villain to work against. Recast Iron Fist. Add Daughters of the Dragon.

Problem solved.

Spider-Man coming in out of nowhere to fight the White Walkers would have triggered fanboys more or less than they were without Spider-Man?

I also wonder if this is a way they can handle the loss of Chadwick Boseman. Feels wrong to do it that way, Tchalla hasn't really done much with the multiverse.

Back