• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

I'm not going to go quite that far to say JL bad but still... not a fan. Mid credit scene was super cool though.

Haven't watched it yet, but I've been seeing similar reactions. That's disappointing. The first one was the best DC film so far even though it wasn't great. I was hoping to see a step forward.

Just finished WW84. I hated it. If I had paid money to see that in the theater I’d be kinda pissed. Talk about a complete miss for DC.

Holy shit, why did this movie have to be so long, and yet so totally mediocre at best ?

Gal Gadot, I forgive you. PM me.

oof, WW84 was a miss. Seemed like it could have totally been an episode of the series from 1975. I really liked the first, but this was a mess.

CBM: Wonder Woman 1984 (no spoilers until Sun)

Watched WW84 with the in-laws last night and woof. 2.5 hours that felt like 4. Complete bait and switch from the cool retro vibe of the advertising to dark and dull movie that could have taken place in 2015. A complete waste of Kristin Wiig, and Pedro Pascal chews the scenery in every scene he’s in, and he was in 90% of them. Just a 3 hour jumble of loose plot threads, meandering exposition, uninteresting fight scenes, and a shoehorned in romantic plot line between actors with zero chemistry. I realize that Gal Gadot is gorgeous but she is a terrible terrible actress.

Last edited:
CBM: Wonder Woman 1984 (no spoilers until Sun)

We’re about halfway through and will finish tonight (guess we are in for a rough final 90 minutes). Couldn’t remember from the first one (which was fine not great IMO) but did they just give all the Amazonians or whatever the weird accents to cover for Gal’s since she obviously isn’t a good enough actress to pull of something else?

We’re about halfway through and will finish tonight (guess we are in for a rough final 90 minutes). Couldn’t remember from the first one (which was fine not great IMO) but did they just give all the Amazonians or whatever the weird accents to cover for Gal’s since she obviously isn’t a good enough actress to pull of something else?

I read somewhere (so it's obviously factual) that this was true for the first WW.

Anybody reading this who hasn’t seen WW84, watch Pixar’s “Soul” instead (if you have subscriptions to both services). It’s an amazing story with excellent direction and characters that actually develop and connect with the audience.

I thought Soul was fine but lower tier Pixar. It was a less inspired Inside Out or Up by the same director.

Ph just can't bring himself to agree with mdmh.

I keed I keed. I haven't seen it.

Yeah I mean it wasn’t excellent but at least the end was slightly more interesting than Diana punching a CGI monster like the end of the first WW. I guess being a dad to a young kid and fairly intoxicated made me think it was alright

Now we know that WB doesn't look to this board for guidance:

Anybody reading this who hasn’t seen WW84, watch Pixar’s “Soul” instead (if you have subscriptions to both services). It’s an amazing story with excellent direction and characters that actually develop and connect with the audience.

Agree. I liked Soul a lot.

I liked it better than Up (though the beginning of Up is some of the best stuff Pixar has done). Not sure yet if I like Soul better than Inside Out... They are both very well done.

Kids didn't really like Soul, but I thought it was good.

Soul and WW84 both had a similar vague don’t have dreams and wishes or don’t get lost in wishes that you don’t appreciate what you have theme to them.

Just saw WW84 and I’m still processing it. It wasn’t good. It was very weird. I’m trying to figure out what they were trying to do. I like all the main actors and Patty Jenkins. I’m disappointed and sad for them.

Back