• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

So, I thought this from E1 but the black hole anomaly in Disco S4 is some sort of weird black hole alien/life form, right?

Probably some pyromaniac with the ability to cause flames to intermittently flare up from the consoles. I know that few things are more Trek than exploding consoles but the frequency of this particular effect is nails on a chalkboard to me and only gets more and more infuriating each time I see it.

Otherwise, I dunno, that was a giant eyeball at the end of the "Anomaly" episode right? Being a life form fills in the gap of "it's 4/5 what I think it should be, but what's the last fifth?"

Probably some pyromaniac with the ability to cause flames to intermittently flare up from the consoles. I know that few things are more Trek than exploding consoles but the frequency of this particular effect is nails on a chalkboard to me and only gets more and more infuriating each time I see it.

Otherwise, I dunno, that was a giant eyeball at the end of the "Anomaly" episode right? Being a life form fills in the gap of "it's 4/5 what I think it should be, but what's the last fifth?"

yeah, bridge safety is 1000% worse in the distant future.. why so many rocks all over the floor, too?

Teaser for Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Part 1 coming to theaters October 7, 2022.

Love the art direction for the Spiderverse stuff

Also, finally saw Shang-Chi. Top tier MCU movie.

No Way Home was at 100% after about 50 reviews when I checked RT earlier today, some noodge gave it a rotten though so now it's 98%.

JFC, spoilers errywhere. I simply went to the main page for Youtube and a recommended video included a spoiler thumbnail. I'm going to see it literally asap, 3pm tomorrow.

I usually go to the earliest Friday showing, but the only 11 am showings are at one of those dine-in theaters. I'm not ready for a small theater with a bunch of open mouths yet. So I was planning on seeing it 3:00 on Friday. I didn't realize there are 3:00 Thursday showings, but I just checked and we have one, so that might be the call.

This may be a case of recency bias but if Hawkeye sticks the landing I'm putting it at the top of the televised MCU shows.

Recency bias is definitely a thing with these shows. WandaVision was almost a year ago. It's getting a bunch of awards. Some of that is because it was a TV show about TV shows.

Last edited:
This may be a case of recency bias but if Hawkeye sticks the landing I'm putting it at the top of the televised MCU shows.

I’m only a couple of eps in and I like it, but a little disappointed based on the font that it’s not Matt Fraction’s Clint/Kate. I realize that that iteration is very different from the one that has already established in the MCU, but that is just a great book series.

It may not be a retelling of Fraction's run but it's heavily influenced - the tracksuit mafia, the dog, the style of the credits (opening and closing). This is the comic series I'm currently reading btw, it is excellent.

The power curve of the show is very steep. It went from "hey this is better than I expected" after the first couple episodes and is now at "ZOMG this is the best series yet" after having watched the 5th ep.

It may not be a retelling of Fraction's run but it's heavily influenced - the tracksuit mafia, the dog, the style of the credits (opening and closing). This is the comic series I'm currently reading btw, it is excellent.

The power curve of the show is very steep. It went from "hey this is better than I expected" after the first couple episodes and is now at "ZOMG this is the best series yet" after having watched the 5th ep.

Oh. Definitely- I’m just wish we could get his can’t catch a break/get out of his own way Clint and are stuck with the MCU Barton.

My Life as a Weapon is one of my favorites of all time.

Discovery drops a rare references to all the mega powers in canon (Metrons, Nacene (the Caretakers from VOY), the Iconian empire, and the Q) this week. That's fun.

New villain reveal in the latest episode of Hawkeye.

Are the Spider-Man films not on Disney+ due to Sony? Wanted to rewatch before I see the new one this afternoon.

The Spider-Man films were on Starz last time I checked.

Discovery drops a rare references to all the mega powers in canon (Metrons, Nacene (the Caretakers from VOY), the Iconian empire, and the Q) this week. That's fun.

Not because of those references, but name drops early in this latest episode created a serious case of "small universe syndrome". I'll forgive the use of Janeway since that ship was established early in their time in the future as Starfleet's flagship but for the Nivar (wherever the apostrophe goes) to name a ship after T'Pol... really? What the heck did she do to merit a ship 1000 years later?

lol I had the same thought about both ship names. Pretty silly.

Was the scar on his neck from the Alien bugs from TNG or a security thing from the Emerald Chain?

Back