• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

No Way Home shouldn’t have worked as well as it did. I still would have liked to see a version of this film that wasn’t a complete Sony callback but this did work. I’m excited for the future of Spider-Man.

Based on the crowds coming in as the 3:00 showing let out, theaters are back and this film is going to make pre-pandemic $$$.

The spoilers rule is 48 hours. With Thursday showings as early as 11 am, spoilers are fair game starting Saturday morning.

No Way Home shouldn’t have worked as well as it did. I still would have liked to see a version of this film that wasn’t a complete Sony callback but this did work. I’m excited for the future of Spider-Man.

Going to see it tonight, but one of my favorite podcasters mentioned that it was more like Sony Spiderman 6 than anything.

The spoilers rule is 48 hours. With the world premier showings as early as Monday, spoilers are fair game starting negative a day ago.

Going to see it tonight, but one of my favorite podcasters mentioned that it was more like Sony Spiderman 6 than anything.

That’s certainly a fair take. It seemed wholly unnecessary but well done.

The spoilers rule is 48 hours. With the world premier showings as early as Monday, spoilers are fair game starting negative a day ago.

Regular people showings.

I finally saw the Venom: Carnage movie a few days ago. it was immediately forgettable but Hardy is Hardy and made it palatable(ish). That post-credit scene though, whoa!

lol I had the same thought about both ship names. Pretty silly.

Was the scar on his neck from the Alien bugs from TNG or a security thing from the Emerald Chain?

It turns out the ship name was T'Pau, not T'Pol. T'Pau is indeed worthy of a legacy a millennium after her death, if for no other reason than the 80s smash hit "Heart and Soul" so I retract my earlier comment about this.

My initial reaction to them focusing on the back of that guy's neck was the parasites from "Conspiracy" but those were all wiggly, which is how you could identify them. They focused on it enough that it's certainly relevant though.

I also didn't catch a snow globe

I think the review that called No Way Home "ridiculous and ridiculously fun" is pretty spot on. I definitely have way more loves than hates with it, but I'll save those for spoiler time. All in all, I really enjoyed it.

Just a heads up. There is a mid-credit scene and something in the post-credit.

So what are some thoughts and theories for the final episode of Hawkeye?

Given that Echo has her own show, I think Ep 6 is going to set up Echo vs. Kingpin perhaps with Daredevil involved.

I'm not sure if Hawkeye is going to survive. They seem to be setting up Kate to replace him, not to be his mentee.

I think Laura has a past in SHIELD and the watch is part of that past. Jason Concepcion had a really good theory on his X-Ray podcast. Laura is Wilson Fisk's estranged wife Vanessa (which would be a significant departure from the Netflix shows). Laura has been in witness protection and married Clint who she met through this investigation and they started a family together. The watch would help Kingpin find her.

Jack Duquesne is just a guy who's good with swords. He did get framed by Eleanor who is doing some dirty stuff with Kingpin.

So what are some thoughts and theories for the final episode of Hawkeye?

Given that Echo has her own show, I think Ep 6 is going to set up Echo vs. Kingpin perhaps with Daredevil involved.

I'm not sure if Hawkeye is going to survive. They seem to be setting up Kate to replace him, not to be his mentee.

I think Laura has a past in SHIELD and the watch is part of that past. Jason Concepcion had a really good theory on his X-Ray podcast. Laura is Wilson Fisk's estranged wife Vanessa (which would be a significant departure from the Netflix shows). Laura has been in witness protection and married Clint who she met through this investigation and they started a family together. The watch would help Kingpin find her.

Jack Duquesne is just a guy who's good with swords. He did get framed by Eleanor who is doing some dirty stuff with Kingpin.

All good guesses. That's why Laura says "I understand more than anyone else would" or whatever.

Def think Clint dies.

The definitely seem to be setting up Clint dying

Also I love that the Nextflix show characters are being wrapped back in. Lots of fun

Spider-Man No Way Home was definitely a lot of fun and felt more like Sony 6 as someone mentioned above

But the future of Spider-Man is in an exciting place

We doing spoilers now? Definitely felt like Sony 6, a lot of fanfare but they made it work.

CBM: Spider-Man: No Way Home and Hawkeye (Disney+)

Spoilers have been fair game all day. Haven’t been at the computer.

Second biggest opening day of all time at $121M and projected $242-247M opening weekend which would be fourth all time behind Endgame, Infinity War, and The Force Awakens.

https://deadline.com/2021/12/spider...-time-for-sony-100m-friday-likely-1234898486/

One of my favorite things I haven’t seen anyone talk about is how they deftly and organically switched from the weird metallic Green Goblin costume to the classic purple and green hooded costume. That was brilliant.

Somehow they managed to end three different sets of Spider-Man movies and provide a clean slate for future Spider-Man films that sets up Venom without a shared universe. The best thing I saw was that this was an MCU Spider-Man origin story in his sixth film appearance. Absolutely brilliant. Now we can get broke Peter with homemade suits and webbing taking pictures of Spider-Man for cash. I’m sure it won’t be the exact same. Maybe instead of newspaper photos, it’s Spidey NFTs or WebheadCoin. But it’s going to be similar to the Spidey we know and love.

Last edited:
Back