• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97; Deadpool and Wolverine trailer

That's the last one I've seen. For someone so excited for the series, I've been watching them at a glacial pace so that I can savor each one, I want to make sure I'm not tired or otherwise distracted before viewing one.

Very rarely does a character's look improve with a human actor, but Netfllix's Death is so much better than the comic's look. In comics she was based on an actual "goth girl" named Cinnamon Hadley, who was never converted since she didn't live in GA. I just didn't find her look appealing but I dug the live actress' more conventional look. That's a superficial as hell take but I'll own it.

Now that I think about she has the look of a very attractive nurse. The last thing you’d see before you die.

There's a non-essential mid-credit scene for She-Hulk this week.

There is supposed to be a mid-credit every week.

CBM: Sandman on Netflix; I Am Groot and She-Hulk on Disney+

I enjoyed this episode of She-Hulk much more than the first. I also really like where they’re going with it.

CBM: Sandman on Netflix; I Am Groot and She-Hulk on Disney+

I enjoyed this episode of She-Hulk much more than the first. I also really like where they’re going with it.

Yeah. It was good. Just have to get used to how short it is. This was only 23 min. They established the exact timeline which was cool.

The CGI was still good.

Pretty cool Easter eggs when Jen was browsing for jobs.

60b60a179e886069db4dcd0e803a3eba.jpg

Last edited:
Star Trek talk:

I finished the last season of Lower Decks today. As much as I loved Strange New Worlds... I think I liked Lower Decks more? Finale episode was surprisingly emotionally affecting. I think the writing and voice acting is stupendous and I love the ridiculous scenarios they are adding to Star Trek canon.

It is truly a shame we never got a live-action film with Kaley Cuoco and Lake Bell as Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy. That shit would have worked.

Harley and Lower Decks are both great. This last Harley was notable not just as a comedy, it was a legit, rare look into Bruce Wayne.

It's a slight tier below those 2 shows, comedy-wise, but She-Hulk still provided some chuckles. So far this gets a thumbs up. I'm guessing Titania is the main story so hopefully they'll get started on whatever they're doing with her soon.

It may be "cringe" to admit but I've definitely lamented no live action Harley/Ivy with those two actresses, maybe 10 years ago and earning a hard "R" rating.

Rings of Power is pretty good; don't let the neckbeard review bombing and handwringing think-pieces throw you off.

Thanks, I was genuinely curious about your take on it, you seem to be the Tolkien pro around these parts.

There's stiff competition but it looks to me like the Tolkienites are the toxicest of the toxic fanbases.

Rings of Power is pretty good; don't let the neckbeard review bombing and handwringing think-pieces throw you off.

Thanks. In Picard's face palm I trust.

BTW, I only found this post after searching the boards for 'Rings of Power' to see if anyone was discussing this...I rarely open this thread, and didn't think mentions would be here.

Thanks, I was genuinely curious about your take on it, you seem to be the Tolkien pro around these parts.

There's stiff competition but it looks to me like the Tolkienites are the toxicest of the toxic fanbases.

yeah, pretty sad.

i thought it would be kind of weird/annoying that they would be playing around in the Appendix of LOTR but I actually think it works for them b/c they have the broad sketches of the Silmarillion but more than enough room to make some interesting storylines. So far i'm pretty curious to see where it goes.

Plus it looks great and is aesthetically on the LOTR side of the continuum between that and The Hobbit.

Those don't even look like MCU trailers. If you took the Marvel, Fury's eyepatch, and Talos as a Skrull out, I'd think it was Sam L in a spy thriller and a horror short film.

Got around to seeing Love and Thunder. Had low expectations and I was pleasantly surprised. Some jokes didn't hit, but overall I thought it was very funny and Bale was excellent. I tend to prefer the comic book movies that lean more toward comedy, so this one ranked pretty high for me.

Same with the new Dr. Strange. Probably an unpopular opinion, but I enjoyed how unhinged and Raimi'd it was and liked it better than the first one.

Back