• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

This just in - the Extended version of Fellowship of the Rings is a lot better than the Theatrical Cut.

i'll report back on The Two Towers/RoTK when able.

can we talk non-Amazon LotR here or is this just for Marvel

can we talk non-Amazon LotR here or is this just for Marvel

this is a repository for all sci-fi/fantasy works, despite Ph's iron fist w/ the "comic book" part of the thread title.

fell free to move your Tolkien Takes to the ROP thread which i will gladly rename

like, unified Men? i'd say Earendil but I guess he wasn't technically a king.

if unified king, then Elendil

Werewolf by Night is out now. Haven't seen it but about to.

Werewolf by Night is out now. Haven't seen it but about to.
I'm curious how far it leans into the horror label. One of the creators said they expected a tvma rating. Thinking of my 10 and 13 yo want to watch.

I give an enthusiastic YES to Werewolf by Night.

I don't know how to address age appropriateness. It's violent, black and white violence which I think helped the rating, no red blood, for example. A dude gets impaled in the head, for example and the result is on screen. It has a high body count for something less than an hour. Not as high a body count as Thanos produced, but 99.99999999999999% of those were off-screen.

It's far, far from the rest of the MCU so don't look for tie-ins. Maybe they were there but really well hidden, at least to me from 1 viewing.

The director is Michael Giacchino, a name you've seen literally hundreds of times by now because he scores everything Hans Zimmer doesn't. Certainly you know him from the Marvel intro. I'll be keeping an eye out for more from him.

Really a nice treat, just know what you're getting into. There's no Daredevil, that's in the other show.

That piece is kind of a mix of grumpy old man takes, legit critique of capitalism co-opting creativity, and a strange dude being strange.

I’m at NY Comic Con right now. On a scale of 1-10, I’m maybe a 2.5 as a fan. I appreciate the dedication here from fans, artists, vendors, everyone.

Last edited:
Nice, is this your first one, Ph? I've been to NYCC a couple of times. It's been a while now though, maybe like 15-20 years. Back then I thought it was small-ish, compared to what I was used to at SDCC and Dragon Con in Atlanta, but being NY they'd get big name guests.

First NYCC. Been to MegaCon in Orlando before. Here mostly for my wife who is doing Outlander and Star Trek stuff.

I hope to see you on a panel one of these days Ph.

Also I hope you got to go to this panel yesterday, I would have made a beeline for this one. Czarface got a couple of tracks on the Venom soundtrck apparently because Hardy dug their music so he called Esoteric directly to ask him to make some songs.

Sounds like there was great Star Trek stuff for your wife, most of the Next Gen crew was there, hopefully assuring everyone that Picard S3 won't suck.

Just now I just saw this:

What the hell, I'm all in, of course.

Yeah. My wife is a Trekkie and I’m not but I stayed for the whole panel because she left to get Outlander’s dude’s autograph even though she took a picture with him hours earlier.

Despite not being a huge fan I really enjoyed it. Lots of good moments I’m sure have made Twitter. Plus I got to see Jameela Jamil on the Prodigy segment.

I hope to see you on a panel one of these days Ph.

Also I hope you got to go to this panel yesterday, I would have made a beeline for this one. Czarface got a couple of tracks on the Venom soundtrck apparently because Hardy dug their music so he called Esoteric directly to ask him to make some songs.

Sounds like there was great Star Trek stuff for your wife, most of the Next Gen crew was there, hopefully assuring everyone that Picard S3 won't suck.

Just now I just saw this:

What the hell, I'm all in, of course.

I can already hear Sir Patrick’s astonished line read when he first sees him

That Thursday higher ed panel looks good. I only had a badge for today. There was a panel this morning with Eve Ewing who is a sociologist and a professor at the University of Chicago and the author of the Ironheart series. I didn't make it though.

I did go to the Moon Knight and Devil Dinosaur panel which was cool. They showed the opening credits and the first two minutes of the first episode. It's going to be a nice little show. Going to try to get my 10 year old to watch it and Star Trek Prodigy. My wife made the mistake of letting him watch Lower Decks with her.

Back