• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

Maria Hill name dropped Man-Thing a few episodes ago so Marvel must have the rights back.

K03XeVa.gif

Hey Deadbolt, what do you think of the latest issue of TWD? I might take the changes as an opportunity to hop off the train. I'll give it a couple more issues though.

Dude, I am so far behind in all my readings. I have a huge stack of issues to get through. I'm like Ph and Arrow with that ish.

OK, comics thread. I have a box of old comics and a bunch of X-Men cards that I don't know what to do with. I'm positive nothing I have is super valuable, if valuable at all. I'm ready to part with them, since I basically only think about them every time I move and find the box, but I'm not really sure what to do next. Thoughts?

Give them to me.

Or take them to your local comic shop and get an appraisal. They may even take some off your hands.

Then give the rest to me.

The guy that was following Coulson's cello player was Blackout who was a villian for Nova and others back in the 70's. That episode did introduce the concept of Dark Force energy though which is what Cloak and others use.

I expect Cloak and Dagger to get a Netflix mini-series sometime after the Defenders assuming those are a success.

OK, comics thread. I have a box of old comics and a bunch of X-Men cards that I don't know what to do with. I'm positive nothing I have is super valuable, if valuable at all. I'm ready to part with them, since I basically only think about them every time I move and find the box, but I'm not really sure what to do next. Thoughts?

I would put them up on e-bay. A comic book shop won't give you much for them.

Will the Guardians of the Galaxy movie show Ego the Living Planet?

Ego.jpg

"In a small cabin on a Shepperton Studio lot, another world is being created. A few worlds, actually. Around me are strange planets (one in the shape of a decapitated head), hulking spaceships, lush extra-terrestrial landscapes with azure waters and gleaming cities, and gaggles of unrecognisable races. Granted, they’re all in model or concept art form, but I’m utterly transported."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...axy-on-set-with-Marvels-rocknroll-heroes.html

Is it worth seeing Godzilla in 3D?

I can't endorse this. The 3d adds depth, but I don't recall any moments where something flew from the screen seemingly to hit you and cause you to duck. I'd make sure to see it at a theatre with a great sound system and high tech video, but wouldn't require 3d.

Godzilla really good

But I know I'm going to Hell because when a group of 5-6 male Asian nerds walked into the theater looking for their seats I couldn't hold back a chuckle.

I can't endorse this. The 3d adds depth, but I don't recall any moments where something flew from the screen seemingly to hit you and cause you to duck. I'd make sure to see it at a theatre with a great sound system and high tech video, but wouldn't require 3d.

I'd say this is probably the right call (after seeing it in 3D this evening).

Also... haven't read a thing about the movie, but holy smokes the lead actor was terrible, just turrrrrible.

I thought Godzilla was underwhelming. I enjoyed Pacific Rim more.

I thought it was okay. The special effects were great, but I liked Pacific Rim more as well. I had zero investment in the human elements in Godzilla (which doesn't mean it still wasn't awesome when the fight scenes came around).

I thought it was okay. The special effects were great, but I liked Pacific Rim more as well. I had zero investment in the human elements in Godzilla (which doesn't mean it still wasn't awesome when the fight scenes came around).

I thought the fighting was boring but watching them move was really cool. Under the ship, other movements I don't want to spoil, etc.

Also, Godzilla is on the Deep Blue Sea level of inverse amount of screen time to acting ability.

I'd say this is probably the right call (after seeing it in 3D this evening).

Also... haven't read a thing about the movie, but holy smokes the lead actor was terrible, just turrrrrible.

Aaron Taylor-Johnson? Dude was a trainwreck in Kick-Ass, too. One of my least favorite actors right now, straight up ruins just about any scene he's in.

(Granted, I didn't see Nowhere Boy, and I sort of liked The Illusionist... Still, I hope he doesn't fuck up Quicksilver next year.)

Last edited:
Back