• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

Snowpiercer? Talk to me people.

I've never seen anything like it and I'll gladly shell out $12 to see it again in theaters. It's like a vintage Terry Gilliam flick (Brazil, 12 Monkeys, etc.) meets Ichi the Killer meets The Host (Joon-ho Bong directed that one, too).

ETA: ...and Captain 'Murica

So remind me, are future movie discussion/conjectures considered off limits or spoilers? Or are they free game?

The basic rule I've been using is casting is fair game but specific plot points aren't. I'm fine posting links for those who are interested but I specifically didn't post the HitFix piece that basically tells you the end of Age of Ultron.

i'm going to see a sneak preview of guardians of the galaxy on monday

i'll let you cats know how it is

i know, its gonna get crazy. may even buy some popcorn.

I've never seen anything like it and I'll gladly shell out $12 to see it again in theaters. It's like a vintage Terry Gilliam flick (Brazil, 12 Monkeys, etc.) meets Ichi the Killer meets The Host (Joon-ho Bong directed that one, too).

ETA: ...and Captain 'Murica

Props for the rec. I just saw this and loved it. It was flying beneath my radar so it was actually this thread that got me to see it. I certainly got a Brazil et al vibe from it, and that's high praise since that's one of my favorite movies.

Not sure. Man of Steel sure did at the end.

Snowpiercer looks awful. What's good about it? The look of it?

The whole world is on a train? Why? Heaving suspension of reality and logic I'm guessing.

Snowpiercer looks awful. What's good about it? The look of it?

The whole world is on a train? Why? Heaving suspension of reality and logic I'm guessing.

Global warming has killed off everyone in the world except for those that were able to board a train that never stops. On the train the cars are divided from front to back as the haves and have nots essentially. Those on the front of the train live luxurious lives while those at the back live in squalor. The have nots stage a rebellion and slowly make their way up to the front. If you have seen Old Boy, picture the hammer scene but spread out over 20 train cars and 2 hours of film time.

I was extremely skeptical going in to it but I saw it today and was totally blown away. I thought that there was no way there could be any semblance of plot or intrigue while inside a train for the entire movie, but I was wrong. Go see it. It has flown under the radar but I guarantee it will pick up steam based upon word of mouth.

Did it involve giant spiders?

4367_4.jpg

i'm going to see a sneak preview of guardians of the galaxy on monday

i'll let you cats know how it is

I know a girl that went in Orlando last week and she said it was great.

TMNT, Transformers, summer movie news (superhero media thread)

I posted this when it was announced. Disneyland is showing a sneak preview of Guardians in 3D in the theater where they normally show Captain EO.

Nice bit of cross promotion. Surprised they don't do that more often.

Edit: looks like there is one at Disney World as well.

Some interesting info about the Universal/Marvel deal.
http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201406/4061/

Last edited:
Just got my tickets for Marvel Universe Live. It debuts this weekend in Tampa. The headquarters for the show is actually about 20 miles south of Tampa. The second stop is in Raleigh in two weeks and Greensboro and Charlotte by the end of the year.

Global warming has killed off everyone in the world except for those that were able to board a train that never stops. On the train the cars are divided from front to back as the haves and have nots essentially. Those on the front of the train live luxurious lives while those at the back live in squalor. The have nots stage a rebellion and slowly make their way up to the front. If you have seen Old Boy, picture the hammer scene but spread out over 20 train cars and 2 hours of film time.

I was extremely skeptical going in to it but I saw it today and was totally blown away. I thought that there was no way there could be any semblance of plot or intrigue while inside a train for the entire movie, but I was wrong. Go see it. It has flown under the radar but I guarantee it will pick up steam based upon word of mouth.

Saw Snowpiercer yesterday and I must say that it is one of the strangest movies I've ever seen. Not only is the plot itself weird, but the director did an amazing job of really stretching out how disturbing almost every aspect of the story is. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see it grab an emmy nom for cinematography.

I'm still gagging over the scene with the "protein" bars. :sick:

Last edited:
Back