• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

Keep hoping. The end game was good but how it got there was really bad. I think Gruber as a villain but the whole thing seemed unnecessary.

First ep without Wayne.

I really hope Gotham figures out how to not suck.

I read an article somewhere that talked about the alternate script that was pitched but not picked up because this version already had been. It still focused on Gordon but Batman would be in it too.

Gotham has a promising premise that is wearing thin. It's got too much going on and it's not doing any of it particularly well except for The Penguin.

I like the Butch character and this should have been a showcase for him, but instead we got a big turn for his character that had no lead up and no justification and looked like a sloppy way to kill somebody, tire tracks and all.

The Cat-Ivy team up in Jim's apartment could have been a nice character moment, but it looks like it was just a set up for Ivy to pretend she was Jim's girlfriend.

Barbara is annoying, but we could have seen some decent character development in a Renee arc but instead we got some pills and hints and Renee bailing.

The Arkham stuff wasn't particularly interesting. I couldn't tell if Gordon was bored or the actor was bored. It looked like it would pay off at the end by introducing a character who experiments with electricity in order to perfect mind control. Instead of Mad Hatter, Gruber is the Electrocutioner. Could be promising, but not as much payoff.

I did like The Penguin's arc. It was a necessary move for the character because he had been getting cocky and needed to be knocked down a few pegs. I could have done without Maroni directly ordering a cop. Too overt.

I'm very excited for DD. I think it's still flying under the radar for most people, but I really think it has the potential to be among Marvel's best. Matt and Fisk are two great characters.

Meh, sounds like poor man's Arrow.

I'm pleased with the new Agent Carter show. Very well done in my opinion.

I assume Levithan is the same one from the comics. Basically, it's the Soviet Bloc's version of Hydra. The people doing Marvel television sure like their Secret War as source material.

I'm intrigued. I assume there will be an action trailer and a humor trailer that will be more interesting.

Agent Carter was great.

That Ant-Man trailer was really, really bad. I hope I'm wrong, but this is the first time I've been actively concerned about an MCU movie.

Wait, you aren't just concerned, you are "actively" concerned. What does that entail? Is this concern being manifested physically? Are you literally pacing your home? Gnashing your teeth? Do you have diarrhea?

What concerns you about the trailer?

Michael Douglas' voiceover was kind of bland. But other than that it introduces the basic concept of the movie. Scott Lang is a crook. Gets recruited by Hank Pym for a mission. Establishes Lang's most important relationship is the one with his daughter. Shows the Ant-Man costume, shrinking power, insect control and the fact that he actually shrinking down and physically breaking into a computer in a novel twist for the movies anyway on computer hacking.

I've seen trailers that build a lot more excitement than this one. But that's usually because people are super excited about the movie already and are just desperate to see a snippet of it.

agree with wfr. seemed like a trailer that sets up the premise and does not give away anything that is potentially awesome. certainly the jury is still out but it also goes without saying at this point that marvel gets the benefit of the doubt.

Back