• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

A little bit of Daredevil news "The ‘devil will eventually get his iconic red costume, but first he’ll wear the black duds". There was some talk about whether Daredevil would wear the black costume through the entire series.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/12/19/daredevil-photos/

I saw some talk on a site that mentioned he may wear something closer to the Secret Wars costume than the traditional all red.

3943445-2127681-daredevil_secretwarfiles.jpg

I'm guessing that info came from the Sony side. It heavily favors them. Marvel isn't desperate for Spider-Man. They're doing Sony a favor at this point.

i would be shocked if a deal between sony and marvel does not give marvel primary creative responsibility. sony wants to make spidey movies to make money. marvel has clearly begun franchise building very successfully. sony should capitalize on that. sony helps finance and makes more of the profit from spider-man. marvel controls creatively, and makes less money from spidey and helps finance. seems like that would be the win-win scenario.

Ant-Man trailer to drop soon. I agree that during the Agent Carter premiere in two weeks is likely.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=112753

Rumors here look promising and set up a clear connection with the past, present, and future of the MCU. Just rumors though: http://www.starlog.com/rumor-how-will-ant-man-connect-to-captain-america-3/

Pictures from the Agent Carter 2 hour premiere.
http://www.ksitetv.com/news/marvels...0213/nggallery/image/137384_1331_pre/#gallery

New promo:

Last edited:
I like it, but the studios would be hesitant to focus on a blind guy for 90 minutes before getting to the action.

An idea I probably posted earlier in this thread is to have a Kingpin TV drama in which Matt Murdock and Daredevil are his primary antagonist. Now is a great time for a comic book based TV drama now that many well-regarded TV shows have an anti-hero or straight up villain as a protagonist, thus catching up to the genre.

You can still have a great action movie with Matt Murdock...I think the fact that he's blind enhances the story instead of diminishing it. The Man Without Fear does a great job with this. It's basically Daredevil: Year One. Then, since these are always set up in minimum three movie blocks, you use TMWF to set up Born Again as the dark middle act, then wrap it up in the third act with an adaptation of Last Rites. It's almost too perfect not to do.

Apparently, I spent a good amount of my birthday in 2013 talking about what a Daredevil movie or preferably TV show would look like. It looks like a lot of what we discussed will be happening.

It's also good to see they're talking about future seasons. I guess I just assumed these were one shot series leading into the Defenders without consider they would revisit each of the solo characters again.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/12/29/daredevil/

1. Daredevil will be a uniquely localized Marvel story. Unlike the globe-trotting Avengers or SHIELD gang, Matt will stick to his hometown. “Within the Marvel universe there are thousands of heroes of all shapes and sizes, but The Avengers are here to save the universe and Daredevil is here to save the neighborhood,” Loeb said. “It’s a very unique look at Hell’s Kitchen in New York, where Matt Murdoch grew up and continues to defend it from people who would harm the people that live there.”
2. Daredevil will feel like a crime story, not a superhero show. “We really wanted to take our cue from [films like] The French Connection, Dog Day Afternoon, Taxi Driver, and make it very, very grounded, very gritty, very real,” DeKnight said. “We always say we would rather lean toward The Wire than what’s considered a classic superhero television show.” Added Loeb: “There aren’t going to be people flying through the sky. There are no magic hammers.”

5. Daredevil will have more graphic content than Marvel’s other TV shows, and perhaps its movies as well, but will still feel relatively family friendly. DeKnight’s last project was the famously hard R-rated Spartacus on Starz, and Netflix doesn’t have the content restrictions faced by Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD on ABC. YetDaredevil won’t take too much advantage of its unrestricted boundaries. “When I came onto this there was no way I wanted to make this hard-R or NC-17,” DeKnight said. “I don’t think the material warrants that. It is a little grittier and edgier than Marvel has gone before, but we’re not looking to push it to extreme graphic violence, gratuitous nudity or anything like that. The story does not require that and I think would suffer if you pushed it that far.”
6. Kingpin’s story will be almost as important as Daredevil’s (and almost as sympathetic). “This season is about both the rise of the hero and the rise of the villain,” Loeb said. Detailed DeKnight: “Fisk has very many different aspects so it’s not all, ‘I want to conquer the city and make a lot of money.’ In our story, we tell the story of how he met his wife Vanessa and how they fell in love — our antagonist actually has a love story. That’s the love story you’re following, the one you’re invested in, and seeing how that affects him and changes him. I think Vincent just brings such depth to it, his performance is just astounding.”
7. Contrary to previous online reports, Bullseye MIGHT be in the series (but not this season): Colin Farrell’s performance as the villainous sharp-shooter wasarguably the best part of the Daredevil movie, so some fans were disappointed to hear the character won’t be in the series. But DeKnight says he’s not ruling him out. “I wouldn’t say there’s no plans to include the character in the series,” he said. “It’s not not to say he wouldn’t be in the series at some point. But I think if you try to jam in too many characters, it just becomes a mess. And [Bullseye’s] story was told in the last iteration of Daredevil that anybody saw. My feeling was, ‘Why repeat it?’ And honestly, if you’re looking for a juicy, multi-faceted crime drama, Wilson Fisk was the obvious choice to play the antagonist. Bullseye is a little more cut and dry. Not to say you couldn’t make him fantastic over 13 hours, but Fisk really felt like the right yin to the yang for Matt, and for what we wanted to do this season.”

I'm very excited for DD. I think it's still flying under the radar for most people, but I really think it has the potential to be among Marvel's best. Matt and Fisk are two great characters.

I'm also excited for daredevil. Not sure if it's been mentioned but there is a rumor reported that the Playstation netflix app list May 1 as the release date. Same day as Avengers. Would that capitalize on Avengers or overshadow it? Or just a place holder?

Back