• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

she knew bane wanted to torture him/killing him was too easy/HIS PUNISHMENT MUST BE MORE SEVERE.

hm, kill superhero easily or give him way too much time to work out a way to stop my plan

"no Mr. Bond, I expect you to diieeeee"

hm, kill superhero easily or give him way too much time to work out a way to stop my plan

"no Mr. Bond, I expect you to diieeeee"

"why don't you just go back in time when he's on the crapper or something and shoot him?"

"scott, you just don't get it, do you?"

The overconfident, ego driven super villain is as old as comics themselves. They always think their plan is unstoppable, and they always have to make a grand showing of them taking down the hero to satisfy ego.

The overconfident, ego driven super villain is as old as comics themselves. They always think their plan is unstoppable, and they always have to make a grand showing of them taking down the hero to satisfy ego.

along with that, when Bruce wakes up in the pit and asks Bane why he didn't just kill him, Bane's response was that Bruce is not afraid of dying so his punishment has to be worse. And his punishment was to lay in the pit with a broken back watching Gotham's demise on the TV. if Talia had just killed him, in their mind he would not have been truly punished

along with that, when Bruce wakes up in the pit and asks Bane why he didn't just kill him, Bane's response was that Bruce is not afraid of dying so his punishment has to be worse. And his punishment was to lay in the pit with a broken back watching Gotham's demise on the TV. if Talia had just killed him, in their mind he would not have been truly punished

well, joke's on talia/bane.

Before the reveal I thought it was weird that Tate woke up in an empty Wayne manor and didn't wonder why Bruce was gone

I don't like how Batman was eventually able to beat him in essentially a plain physical fight at the end though.

Batman got shots on him in the first fight scene, but couldn't do any damage to him because of his mask. In the final fight scene, he is getting whooped again until he finally starts hitting the mask. You would think Bane would want to protect that thing a little more given how much pain it causes him to lose the morphine.

Last edited:

The Adam West Batman was money for that.

Batman got shots on him in the first fight scene, but couldn't do any damage to him because of his mask. In the final fight scene, he is getting whooped again until he finally starts hitting the mask. You would think Bane would want to protect that thing a little more given how much pain it causes him to lose the morphine.

i mean, batman is the one dude who can even stand toe/toe for a few minutes. Guess is the thing never gets touched plus batman has an above average punch.

If we're talking about favorite lines, one of mine has to be when Gordon is unconscious in the sewer, and after Bane kills his first henchman he turns to the other and says "Search him. And then I will kill you." Also, during the first fight between Bane and Bats, Batman uses that device to shut off the lights, and the monologue Bane launches into is amazing/scary as fuck, something along the lines of: "You think darkness is your friend. You merely adopted the darkness. I was born in it. I didn't see the light till I was a man. And by that time it only made me blind!" then he just turns around and quickly grabs Batmans throat.

I thought Batman was going to use the Bat sonar thing that attracts bats to help him escape.

my fave Bane line "He's probably wondering why you'd shoot someone if you're going to throw them out of a plane"

Yeah. I found that plane scene underwhelming, particularly compared to the Joker prologue. That line was excellent.

I thought the plane scene was pretty awesome myself, Bane said some good lines.

The plane scene is awesome. I knew pretty much all the lines and stuff going in, but I had watched it only on a bootleg. Seeing it in IMAX was spectacular. Zimmer's score in that scene is particularly good.

Back