• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

You mean is the movie going to end with Stark and Cap hugging it out? Who knows. That ass beating Cap and Bucky dish out is hard to come back from.

I think we all know that there's no way Cap is alive at the end of the flick. I'm guessing Cap bites it, and Tony has to live with the consequences of his actions and/or ends up on the run from the gubmint. I'd also guess there's little chance of Thor making it out of Ragnarok. Things are going to get very bad, then Marvel intros a lot of new heroes (Captain Marvel, Dr Strange, Black Panther, etc.) who eventually take on Thanos along with the Guardians+Adam Warlock. Then someone (Warlock, Nebula, etc.) will at least momentarily wield the Infinity Gauntlet to bring Cap and Thor and whoever else back from beyond to take on Thanos in Part II of Infinity War.

This is my prediction which will be end up being hilariously wrong.

I do think the image that Tony saw when the Witch got in his head during AOU will show up again at some point. Hell, maybe Tony is the one who ends up wielding the gauntlet, seeing it as a chance to right his wrongs. What would be super mega awesome is if Marvel can get the rights to FF back and Infinity War leads into an Illuminati story arc. Would also really need Namor, though, as a friend/foe dynamic with T'Challa.

You mean is the movie going to end with Stark and Cap hugging it out? Who knows. That ass beating Cap and Bucky dish out is hard to come back from.

yeah, i dunno, maybe not hugging it out but seems like CW should be the beginning of the registration issue and not a one-movie arc.

My cousin was one of the camera operators for CW and told me the story is awesome. He says it's hands down the best Marvel movie yet. Apparently it's quite a bit darker overall than the rest.

Last edited:
I think we all know that there's no way Cap is alive at the end of the flick. I'm guessing Cap bites it, and Tony has to live with the consequences of his actions and/or ends up on the run from the gubmint. I'd also guess there's little chance of Thor making it out of Ragnarok. Things are going to get very bad, then Marvel intros a lot of new heroes (Captain Marvel, Dr Strange, Black Panther, etc.) who eventually take on Thanos along with the Guardians+Adam Warlock. Then someone (Warlock, Nebula, etc.) will at least momentarily wield the Infinity Gauntlet to bring Cap and Thor and whoever else back from beyond to take on Thanos in Part II of Infinity War.

This is my prediction which will be end up being hilariously wrong.

My prediction waaaaaaaaaay back in this thread was that Rogers would "die" at the end of Civil War, with Bucky taking his mantle and Rogers going underground to start the Secret Avengers. I want a Captain America: Secret Avengers movie before Thanos. :(

My prediction waaaaaaaaaay back in this thread was that Rogers would "die" at the end of Civil War, with Bucky taking his mantle and Rogers going underground to start the Secret Avengers. I want a Captain America: Secret Avengers movie before Thanos. :(

That's basically the plot of AOS right now, though. Nah, I think Cap is ferreal dead at the end, but gets brought back by some trickery later on, be it a spell from Strange, Wanda going all crazy pants or someone wielding the Gauntlet.

Look, I just want the Illuminati for phase 4...is that too much to ask?

A back Captain America would give some OWGs heart attacks, so I bote that.

First Obama. Then a black Cap. Then a Cam Super Bowl win. Then a black Cap in the movies.

God a Cam SB win would be the 2nd best day in the history of OWG internet (after Obama's first election win)

It would be real ballsy if Marvel somehow tells the story of Isaiah Bradley in MCU continuity. He was given the super soldier serum in a manner similar to the Tuskegee syphilis experiment. That is, inject a bunch of black guys with a substance just to see what happens.

It would be interesting if Steve dies like in the comics, they'd have a lot of ground to cover to make the killer matter though.

It would be interesting if Steve dies like in the comics, they'd have a lot of ground to cover to make the killer matter though.

I am curious how they'll address the fallout of this going forward. Maybe Tony will be a big part of the Black Panther movie? Without an IM4 in the works, Tony has to figure heavily in some of the other upcoming movies. BP makes the most sense.

I am curious how they'll address the fallout of this going forward. Maybe Tony will be a big part of the Black Panther movie? Without an IM4 in the works, Tony has to figure heavily in some of the other upcoming movies. BP makes the most sense.

hqdefault.jpg

I just finished episode 7.

The whole time I was watching it, I kept thinking about how it was only halfway through the season. Everything seems to be reaching a tipping point, which makes me curious to see how the suspense is rationed out in the second half. I suppose there are a lot of ways this can go.

Kilgrave reminds me a lot of Anton Chigurh. He seems to have a weird code that he follows in his misdeeds, unlike more traditional villains. Without getting too spoilery, because the thread is still designating EP 4 as the cutoff, the scene where he negotiated that sale without using his powers was really interesting.

Jessica Jones spoiler schedule
Sunday, Nov 22 - Ep. 2
Tuesday, Nov 24 - Ep. 4
Thursday, Nov 26 - Ep. 6
Saturday, Nov 28 - Ep. 8
Monday, Nov 30 - Ep. 10
Wednesday, Dec 2 - Ep. 12
Thursday, Dec 3 - Ep. 13

Just in case I'm not able to change the thread titles.

Marvel is just brilliant across genres. Three episodes in and it's riveting in a completely different way than anything else Marvel has done. Really wish I could binge it. Nice casting nod in episode 4.

By the way, Daredevil has me trained to think "killer fight scene" every time I see an intense hallway shot. I may need to rewatch that.

Couldn't help it and watched all of episode 4. It would have been useful to have better synergy between Jessica Jones and the AOS Season 3 Inhumans plot. Tying a fear of "gifted" people into the Avengers doesn't make as much sense. Hulk and Cap are the only ones who fit that mold.

I can't change the thread title from Tapatalk. Ep 6 is fair game for spoilers.

I just finished episode 7.

The whole time I was watching it, I kept thinking about how it was only halfway through the season. Everything seems to be reaching a tipping point, which makes me curious to see how the suspense is rationed out in the second half. I suppose there are a lot of ways this can go.

Kilgrave reminds me a lot of Anton Chigurh. He seems to have a weird code that he follows in his misdeeds, unlike more traditional villains. Without getting too spoilery, because the thread is still designating EP 4 as the cutoff, the scene where he negotiated that sale without using his powers was really interesting.

There's more on that later.

Back