• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

There are things to like about that Sneak Peek scene. The uncharacteristic fear in Batman's eyes are particularly interesting. But it's not a Batman and Superman scene. It just doesn't fit the two characters. Plus, why is Batman wearing an overcoat?

I don't even mind the idea that Superman is the "bad guy." Ideally in such a movie, both think the other is a bad guy until there is some sort of mutual understanding. DC needs to be very worried that Batman vs. Superman is going to come across as hollow, lacking depth, and with a flimsy philosophical core followed by a Cap vs. Iron Man storyline in Civil War that will get all of that right and more. The biggest problem with WB is that they made Superman and Clark Kent unlikable. Again. It's not hard to get him right. Smallville and STAS/JL/JLU got the farm boy superhero thing right for years. Lois and Clark got it right, too. Even Supergirl seems to get it.

Suicide Squad looks forgettable. The timing of it makes little sense so you know it's going to be burdened by backstory flashbacks or monologues.

DC is forcing a storyline in which Batman has been active in the shadows for 10-20 years and Superman just arrived. I like the idea of having Nightwing and Robin (both rumored) and other Bat family members, I think it makes more sense to start earlier in his tenure within this new universe. Making the second movie about his arch villains and others Batman has put away is just strange.

Edit: Really the fear in Batman's eyes is the only thing I like about that Sneak Peek. It's jarring.

Last edited:
There are things to like about that Sneak Peek scene. The uncharacteristic fear in Batman's eyes are particularly interesting. But it's not a Batman and Superman scene. It just doesn't fit the two characters. Plus, why is Batman wearing an overcoat?

I don't even mind the idea that Superman is the "bad guy." Ideally in such a movie, both think the other is a bad guy until there is some sort of mutual understanding. DC needs to be very worried that Batman vs. Superman is going to come across as hollow, lacking depth, and with a flimsy philosophical core followed by a Cap vs. Iron Man storyline in Civil War that will get all of that right and more. The biggest problem with WB is that they made Superman and Clark Kent unlikable. Again. It's not hard to get him right. Smallville and STAS/JL/JLU got the farm boy superhero thing right for years. Lois and Clark got it right, too. Even Supergirl seems to get it.

Suicide Squad looks forgettable. The timing of it makes little sense so you know it's going to be burdened by backstory flashbacks or monologues.

DC is forcing a storyline in which Batman has been active in the shadows for 10-20 years and Superman just arrived. I like the idea of having Nightwing and Robin (both rumored) and other Bat family members, I think it makes more sense to start earlier in his tenure within this new universe. Making the second movie about his arch villains and others Batman has put away is just strange.

Edit: Really the fear in Batman's eyes is the only thing I like about that Sneak Peek. It's jarring.

Just looks cross-eyed to me. Then TA-DAH...it's BEN AFFLECK still cross-eyed.

OH MY GOD Felicity's impression of Ollie is the best thing I have ever heard

Just got caught up on AOS...honestly it may be the best comic based show on television this season thus far. Worlds better than what it started as. It's almost hard to believe it is the same show.

Of course I say all that having not caught up on Arrow or Flash, but either way AOS is having a strong third season.

Just got caught up on AOS...honestly it may be the best comic based show on television this season thus far. Worlds better than what it started as. It's almost hard to believe it is the same show.

Of course I say all that having not caught up on Arrow or Flash, but either way AOS is having a strong third season.

You're right. Although Flarrow is off to a pretty solid start tonight.

BRUH...that episode was as good as anything Arrow or Flash have ever done. Looking forward to the finale.

I wish I had made popcorn for AOS tonight. Amazing how much better this show is and they owe it to turning Season 1 weaknesses into strengths.

Convince me that the TV villains (Fisk, Kilgrave, Ward, and Dottie from Agent Carter) don't belong on a top 10, maybe top 5 list of MCU villains.

Curious what ABC is going between the AOS Winter Finale on Dec 8 and the Agent Carter premiere on Jan 19. I thought the point was to have a continuous stream of programming at that slot.

Found the answer. State of the Union Address is on Jan 12. ABC pushed it back so it could air uninterrupted.
http://www.tv.com/shows/agent-carte...son-2-premiere-date-delayed-abc-144902176038/

Literally, thanks Obama.

Last edited:
Can I start watching AOS at Season 2 and just skip Season 1 or will I be missing too much?

During the opening of AoS, I was thinking that I don't know how hands-on the Whedons are these days, but if Joss has any influence, Roz's fate was apparent.

I had thought Coulson was sort of disappointing over the course of the series, at least with respect to what I was hoping from him. Not that he's been dull over the years, just not as compelling as I'd hoped. That changed with this ep, well done Mr. Gregg.

For Flash, I thought it was too much Savage too soon, there was no build-up at all for one of DC's classic villains who's the overarching villain for the new show.

Arrow is on notice, I'm at the point now where I need to be convinced to continue watching it into next season. I don't mean that if tonight's show is a letdown that I won't check out any of next year, but next season's first 5 or so episodes will need to reel me back in.

Can I start watching AOS at Season 2 and just skip Season 1 or will I be missing too much?

My 2 cents - feel free to skip S1. The show isn't so complex that you can't fill in the gaps on the fly.

Jessica Jones (full spoilers); Batman v Superman trailer debuts 12-2

Tough to say. The show definitely improved at the end of Season 1 particularly after Winter Soldier came out. But some of the best elements of Seasons 2 and 3 build on things that didn't work all that well in Season 1.

My comparison, I'm glad I watched Season 1 of Arrow. I world have felt like I was missing a lot otherwise. AOS returns for the Spring in March so you have time.

Last edited:

There are definitely some important elements that come to fruition much later on, even if the overall season arc is boring as hell until maybe the last five episodes of the season. But Season 2 has its problems as well. None of it really begins to pay off until this current season.

During the opening of AoS, I was thinking that I don't know how hands-on the Whedons are these days, but if Joss has any influence, Roz's fate was apparent.

I had thought Coulson was sort of disappointing over the course of the series, at least with respect to what I was hoping from him. Not that he's been dull over the years, just not as compelling as I'd hoped. That changed with this ep, well done Mr. Gregg.

For Flash, I thought it was too much Savage too soon, there was no build-up at all for one of DC's classic villains who's the overarching villain for the new show.

Arrow is on notice, I'm at the point now where I need to be convinced to continue watching it into next season. I don't mean that if tonight's show is a letdown that I won't check out any of next year, but next season's first 5 or so episodes will need to reel me back in.

Arrow has sadly fallen nearly to the bottom of my watch list. Only comic show below it right now is The Walking Dead. It kinda seems like Arrow gave up on the things that made it unique in favor of trying to be more like The Flash.

This is the buildup for Vandal Savage. Classic spinoff style.

I wouldn't skip Season One. It establishes a lot of relationships that won't make sense if you skip it. It also flows much better if you binge watch it versus waiting a week and sometimes more between episodes like those that watched it live had to do.

I like the show, but it's still not one that I enjoy rewatching very much.

Convince me that the TV villains (Fisk, Kilgrave, Ward, and Dottie from Agent Carter) don't belong on a top 10, maybe top 5 list of MCU villains.

Sure, but to be fair, it's a lot easier to build a compelling villain over 12-13 episodes (or, in Ward's case, several seasons) than it is to do it in an hour and a half. And remember how much people hated Ward over the first couple seasons? I think some of that hate was misplaced, but let's not pretend that his development was flawless.

I'm with Ph on this one. Season 1 was not good, and for long stretches, boring as hell, but it ends up being very valuable. I'm actually really glad they took so long to build the relationships they did, because a lot of that downtime in S1 directly informs the chaos that ensues in Seasons 2 and 3. And on top of that, the last 4 or 5 episodes of S1 are legitimately very good, so I would say to try watching it. You're probably okay skipping some of the early procedural episodes if you really need to, and come back to the arc where Coulson goes back to TAHITI and uncovers the Clairvoyant.

Oh? I thought it was a pretty great episode, if a little jarring. The crossover events these past two years have done great jobs integrating the teams. Just getting to see everyone hang out is reliable fun. I dug the little running jokes, too, like Dig heaving after being Flash'd (why is he the only one we see do that? Barry used to carry people around all the time), and Cisco's unmasking of Barry in front of Kendra.

As far as Savage goes, I assume that Legends of Tomorrow will flesh him out a bit more. They'll have to, if only to make Rip Hunter a compelling character, and to give the gang reasons for agreeing to fight him.

Arrow has sadly fallen nearly to the bottom of my watch list. Only comic show below it right now is The Walking Dead. It kinda seems like Arrow gave up on the things that made it unique in favor of trying to be more like The Flash.

This is surprising to me! I think Arrow's having a really strong season so far, and I think the new, lighter tone fits it well. It's still a lot grimmer than The Flash, and that's fine. Having Dahrk (or, more accurately Neal McDonough as Dahrk) has done wonders for the show. He's the best villain they've had yet, IMO, just ahead of Bennett's Deathstroke.

The Flash has also been sort of a mess this season, I think, or at the very least really uneven. I'm not sure what my watch list would look like right now, but I think I still would have the CW shows over AoS. I like/love AoS, but it still is way too bland on a week to week basis (i.e., when they're not spending entire episodes in alien planets or Puerto Rico).

also, dottie isn't even the best villain on agent carter

Ph just threw that one in because he has the hots for her.

Agree on Flash also being a bit of a mess this season. Just trying to do too much. Some of the joy of S1 was in the simiplicity of it. The concern of S2 was always going to be in bringing the multiverse to the screen. That's some pretty high brow comic-y stuff.

Ph just threw that one in because he has the hots for her.

Agree on Flash also being a bit of a mess this season. Just trying to do too much. Some of the joy of S1 was in the simiplicity of it. The concern of S2 was always going to be in bringing the multiverse to the screen. That's some pretty high brow comic-y stuff.

Dottie was awesome and also hot although not as hot as real life Bridget Regan. No doubt 1940s sexism is the real villain though.

There is a lot of plot going on. Last night, the whole Wells plot was unnecessary but I guess they felt they needed something more Flash so it wouldn't seem like an Arrow episode.

At least Flash acknowledges it's ridiculousness. I like how DC TV embraces codenames/nicknames and such in contrast to MCU completely ignoring them. Besides "Daredevil" the only nickname used on any of the MCU TV shows is calling May "The Calvary."

Let me also talk about how good the Cisco character is. They could have gone all in with a stereotypical tech geek. They could have him be a Fitz to Caitlin's Simmons. Instead, they made him personable and likable to the point that it's not completely unrealistic that Lisa Snart or Kendra Saunders could be into him.

Last edited:
Back