• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

I thought the music in volume 2 was just as good: Brandy, Surrender, Father & Son, Fox on the Run, Mr Blue Sky, Bring It On Home To Me, The Chain, are all excellent classic songs.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
Yeah, so. I really strongly disagree with this complaint from Ph too. "Mr Blue Sky" in the opening credits was great, and I love "The Chain" so much that I didn't mind them going to it twice. "Wham Bam" was a fun choice for the escape from the Ravagers prison.

(While I'm on the subject, this whole set of scenes was so much fun. I could watch two hours of just Yondu and Baby Groot miscommunicating... The toe gag was perfect, with Yondu shaking his head before Rocket finished his question.)

The only song that bugged me a little was how the first track from the Zune was "Father & Son". I thought that was a bit much. I'm also not a big Cat Stevens fan, though, so.

I wish Yondu hadn't died, because I want more of him paling around with the team, but I agree that it was necessary for the story.

I thought that the Peter/Gamora conflict was a little contrived, but it directly led to the Gamora/Nebula reconciliation, which was one of the best parts of the movie.

At any rate, I think I spent most of the movie with a stupid smile on my face, so I'd say it did its job?

Saw it yesterday afternoon. Because it's a sequel, it's not as magical as the first, but I enjoyed it nearly as much.

I don't have any significant criticisms other than Sylvester Stallone's presence as a supporting character distracts just like Sam Jackson does.

Oh, and I'm tired of Karen Gillian being covered up by all that makeup.

My wife was legitimately surprised when I told her the woman who played Nebula is a really hot redhead.

Some news: GoTG 2 made an estimated $145M at the domestic box office. #17 all-time, #2 this year behind Beauty and the Beast.

AOS is reportedly renewed for Season 5.

I wrote a long edit 2 hours ago that I thought posted. The gist of it is that 70s rock isn't really my genre, but I have a good ear for music. I just didn't recognize much of the songs in the film compared to Vol 1 which had crossover classics.

I didn't think Yondu's death was necessary. It's not unusual for a lead character to find his/her parent(s) and they turn out to be villains and the lead realizes his/her mentor was a true parent all along. AOS did that in the Inhumans season. Skye/Daisy discovered her parents and it drew her closer to Coulson and May.

Last edited:
Thought this was was very good, though not quite as good as the first. I agree that the soundtrack was not quite as good either, but it was still solid. I really enjoyed the Yondu/Rocket scene with "Come a Little Bit Closer," but I've always liked that song. "The Chain" and "Mr. Blue Sky" were also well placed.

I could have used a bit more time between Ego meeting Peter and Ego becoming a villain, but I guess since it was obvious anyway, they might as well get into it quickly.

The movie was almost a bit too silly at times, but it didn't cross that line.

I wonder if they finally tie the Guardians in with everyone else for Ragnarok, or if we have to wait for Avengers.

Thought this was was very good, though not quite as good as the first. I agree that the soundtrack was not quite as good either, but it was still solid. I really enjoyed the Yondu/Rocket scene with "Come a Little Bit Closer," but I've always liked that song. "The Chain" and "Mr. Blue Sky" were also well placed.

I could have used a bit more time between Ego meeting Peter and Ego becoming a villain, but I guess since it was obvious anyway, they might as well get into it quickly.

The movie was almost a bit too silly at times, but it didn't cross that line.

I wonder if they finally tie the Guardians in with everyone else for Ragnarok, or if we have to wait for Avengers

I have to say, I thought it did cross a line of silliness with the 80s arcade sounds for the Sovereign pilots. It was short enough that I got over it quickly though.

If any of the Guardians are going to show up in Ragnarok before a post-credit scene, then they'll have done a helluva job keeping that on the d/l since somewhere along the line, someone like a gaffer would have spilled the beans about a Chris Pine sighting (fast forward to 1:50 http://screenrant.com/chris-pine-snl-opening-monologue-wonder-woman-superhero-actors/). That said, I fully expect some connectivity since Ragnarok is all cosmic-like.

I agree that the soundtrack didn't hit as much as the first movie.

Not knowing much about the comics (and I try to avoid commercials/trailers entirely for something I know I want to see), I didn't know what Russell's character was supposed to be, so the thing I didn't love about the movie was they go to Ego and then that's the only location in the movie outside of Yondu's ship. In the first movie I liked exploring the galaxy with four/five planets visited. One review I watched afterwards had a good comparison - that the first movie was like Star Wars and the second was like Star Trek in terms of plot, which I think is a good analogy.

Only other small quibble was it seemed like Drax's jokes weren't that he was extremely literal like the first movie but more that he was just very direct/blunt with his thoughts.

"I bet it's the one inch man" had me laughing for a solid 3 mins.

A lot of the jokes felt forced, but they still cracked me up.

Last edited:
I agree with the "didn't have the same magic as the first" comment, but this one had a lot more heart. Just excellent.

Infinity War is going to be insane. Stark and Quill together? Yes, please.

I agree with the "didn't have the same magic as the first" comment, but this one had a lot more heart. Just excellent.

Heart vs magic is probably a good way to describe it. Cause I enjoyed this one just as much if not more than the first, but it was different

It's been talked about a little bit here already in regards to this film, but I do think both GoTG movies (and really comic book genre as a whole) do some really interesting explorations into family and what that means

Obviously the whole world is going to go see it, but I think it's very possible it will be a mess. Just check out the cast list on the wiki page:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avengers:_Infinity_War
There is just no way all these actors get adequate screen time unless the movie is 4+ hours long.

Obviously the whole world is going to go see it, but I think it's very possible it will be a mess. Just check out the cast list on the wiki page:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avengers:_Infinity_War
There is just no way all these actors get adequate screen time unless the movie is 4+ hours long.

Civil War successfully juggled a pretty sizable cast. Isn't Infinity War going to be two parts?

Civil War successfully juggled a pretty sizable cast. Isn't Infinity War going to be two parts?

Civil War was at it's core just a story about Steve, Tony, and Bucky and everyone else was more or less just there for the fight scene at the airport or to set up other movies. Actually my hope might be that the story focuses primarily on The Avengers as currently assembled and then the GotG swoop in late in the proceedings.

Civil War was at it's core just a story about Steve, Tony, and Bucky and everyone else was more or less just there for the fight scene at the airport or to set up other movies. Actually my hope might be that the story focuses primarily on The Avengers as currently assembled and then the GotG swoop in late in the proceedings.

That would be my guess of how it goes down.

Seems like I'm not as high on the movie as the rest of you. I saw it in a theater with 20 people and the jokes weren't really landing. I think I laughed once or twice but way too many brought crickets. I thought the Gamora-Nebula relationaship was really good but the Yondu-Starlord stuff didn't feel earned. Music was great, Brandy and Father and Son have been favorites of mine for a long time.

I still enjoyed it but while Vol 1 is in the top three Marvel for me this one probably settles into the bottom third.

I tend to think you'll have much of that same dynamic here as well. The big players will be Stark, Rogers, Quill, maybe Thor, maybe Spider-Man. Gamora and Nebula should have large roles as the children of Thanos. My guess is Hela will play a significant role. A lot of others will get their five minutes of screen time. And the Russo bros will make it work.

Marvel Universe LIVE returns this summer with a brand new show.

I saw the first show when it debuted 3 years ago and it was a lot of fun.

I really liked it. Zoe Saldana is so beautiful. I was disappointed Yondu died and don't like Stallone in at all. He's awful. Chris Pratt and Bradley Cooper are great.

I say this every Tuesday. Another good episode of AOS. I like how they're bringing the season back around. May asking what happened with Robbie Reyes showed how long it's been since we've seen the real May. They've really pumped life into some stale characters.

The actors who play Fitz and Aida/Agnes/Madame Hydra/Ophelia have done nice work this season. I would have been all for a spinoff featuring good human Aida and Deathlok going around the world saving people. But alas, she went crazy. Should be fun in the finale.

So is the Russian MODOK? A character controlled by a severed head doesn't say it's "designed only for killing" unless it's MODOK, right?

Also worth noting - a recent incarnation of MODOK was called... "Superior" MODOK.

I really liked it. Zoe Saldana is so beautiful. I was disappointed Yondu died and don't like Stallone in at all. He's awful. Chris Pratt and Bradley Cooper are great.

Yes, Stallone was by far the worst part of the movie. Not even close

Welcome back to the thread loki.

The wife and I just got back from seeing this. We agreed that it was really good but not as good as the first. I remember the rumors for this movie indicating that Ego was not the villain in this movie and I'm glad he was.

The soundtrack wasn't as good as the first one but it's hard to top that.

I loved Stan Lee boring the Watchers.

I'm curious if Adam Warlock shows up in Avengers or if he is the bad guy in GOTG3.

Back