• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

vader.jpg

If this happens I'm boycotting the movie...also possibly shitting in a shoebox and sending it to George Lucas.

Vader is a product of the production values of the time. He looks plain weird in Ep. 3 after Maul and especially Grevious.

Last edited:
I figured if that if anyone was getting resurrected it would be Palpatine. Doesn't that happen in the books? Like he had his body cloned and he uses the force to jump into a young clone body?

Palpatine was pretty awesome throughout the movies.

If this happens I'm boycotting the movie...also possibly shitting in a shoebox and sending it to George Lucas.

It would be almost as bad as if they killed off Obi-Wan halfway through A New Hope but kept bringing him back as a Force ghost...

Also, at this point in the game very little credence should be given to rumors.

I figured if that if anyone was getting resurrected it would be Palpatine. Doesn't that happen in the books? Like he had his body cloned and he uses the force to jump into a young clone body?

It happened in a short comic series where Luke took the place of Vader to try and stop Palpatine and Leia had to save him. Basically it was the end of ROTJ with the characters shuffled a bit.

Weakest episode of Arrow thus far. Half of it felt like Gossip Girl. I know the CW caters to a certain audience, but that episode was so generic and bland it was hard to stay interested. The Tommy/Laurel/Speedy angle is boring and predictable, and the bank robber story felt forced, especially Diggles role.

Weakest episode of Arrow thus far. Half of it felt like Gossip Girl. I know the CW caters to a certain audience, but that episode was so generic and bland it was hard to stay interested. The Tommy/Laurel/Speedy angle is boring and predictable, and the bank robber story felt forced, especially Diggles role.

There are some bombshells on this show, though.

Hadn't heard that it will definitely be 2015, 2017, and 2019. Great stuff. In only 7 years, we will have seen a new trilogy.

Great actor. I assume he will be playing Bruce Wayne and this won't be an attempt to build continuity with the Nolan films. Right?

Yeah, but that's typical. The article even mentions that.

I'm not optimistic about this Justice League movie. I did see an interesting article that outlines a unique approach DC may want to use to rolling this out. Basically the idea is to roll out the Legion of Doom like Marvel did the Avengers.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=61263

Injustice+League_Warner+Bros.jpg

There is a common saying in the geek community, "DC did it first but Marvel got it right." Well WB, here's your chance to return the favor all these many years later. Marvel Studios has achieved something previously unprecedented in cinema, they've created a shared universe across 5 films and then brought the main protagonists of each film into one big team-up movie; essentially, they've brought the "Big Crossover Event" comic book blueprint to the world of movies. Obviously,the recent success of The Avengers has WB looking hard at their own superhero properties but I believe it must approach the situation from a new perspective. Simply following Marvel's formula may indeed lead to success but greater glory and revenue can be achieved if the focus is placed on WB's greatest comic book assets, the DC villains.

Today, thanks to cartoons and movies, the world probably knows Spider-Man, Iron Man and Hulk just as well as they know Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman. However, I'd be willing to wager that more people know Lex Luthor, the Joker and Hades than say Green Goblin, The Mandarin and The Leader. It's a toss up between each companies' heroes but Warner Bros. has the distinct advantage when it comes to antagonists, especially since the rights to major Marvel baddies such as Dr. Doom, Apocalypse and The Kingpin are held by other studios. Heck, Batman alone has untapped rogues that could provide fertile fodder for 10 more Dark Knight films. Sure, we've seen Lex Luthor in plenty (every) Superman film to date but let's be honest, we've yet to see the Lex Luthor from the comic books (the closest we've come is Smallville) and even still, the likes of Parasite, Darkseid, Braniac, etc. are all ripe for a big screen debut. The Flash has his own unique cabal of adversarial foes and Wonder Woman has the Greek pantheon to battle. The mistake Green Lantern made was going with an immaterial Parallax instead of the cold and calculating Sinestro, a mistake I'm sure will be rectified in the reboot/sequel. In many ways, the villains of DC have the same relatablity as the heroes of Marvel. Often these individuals are flawed human beings who use their abilities for personal gain instead of the greater good. You take Lex Luthor and make him a force for good and you have Tony Stark, give Solomon Grundy a personality and you have the Hulk, Talia Al Ghul a slightly different career path and she's Black Widow and so on and so forth. My point is that there's an opportunity here for originality, a chance to be daring and focus on the villain's story and show a different side of the comic book world to the movie going populace. And what happens when the villains lose the climatic battle against their superhero counterparts? Why, they assemble of course.

Arrow is starting to go off the rails. It started off really strongly, but over the past few episodes has really lost focus and become weighed down with awful subplots. Typical inane CW bullshit where the main plot gets ignored for weeks at a time so they can get some pretty people to make out. Very disappointed.

Arrow is starting to go off the rails. It started off really strongly, but over the past few episodes has really lost focus and become weighed down with awful subplots. Typical inane CW bullshit where the main plot gets ignored for weeks at a time so they can get some pretty people to make out. Very disappointed.

Agree 1000%.

Arrow has introduced a TON of characters though to be within their first season.

Back