• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CBM: X-Men '97 finale; My Adventures with Superman S2 May 25; The Boys S4 June 13

Pacific Rim was fucking awesome. Great popcorn movie. If you don't like it, you take yourself way too seriously.

Pacific Rim was sick. The most IMAX 3-D worthy movie I've ever seen. Also, it's nothing like Transformers.

If you could pick just one super hero that you'd like to see a big budget movie built around, someone that doesn't already have a movie, who would it be? I'm going with Green Arrow.

I know you're probably looking for protagonists, but I keep dreaming and hoping that Christopher Nolan will pick up the X-Men series and do a trilogy that involves Omega Red, Dr. Sinister, and Apocalypse (Apocalypse is optional because he's kind of a game ender, but a more villainous Magneto would definitely serve.) It just hurts when I think of how horribly executed the X-Men movies have been. :rulz:

I know you're probably looking for protagonists, but I keep dreaming and hoping that Christopher Nolan will pick up the X-Men series and do a trilogy that involves Omega Red, Dr. Sinister, and Apocalypse (Apocalypse is optional because he's kind of a game ender, but a more villainous Magneto would definitely serve.) It just hurts when I think of how horribly executed the X-Men movies have been. :rulz:

Wolverine specifically. He's been so mishandled thus far, and he's easily (to me) one of the five best characters ever created.

We saw Pacific Rim yesterday in 3-D and I was blown away. My 6 year old son needless to say loved it and my wife who begrudgingly attended left saying she would see it again she liked it so much.

No reason to see Pacific Rim in anything but IMAX. Without the benefit of the huge screen, a lot of Del Toro's craftsmanship would no doubt be lost. That being said I think Del Toro has done the kinetic action thing much better before (Blade II, Hellboy II), and the script is pretty bland, no doubt thanks to the input of Travis Beacham, he of Clash of the Titans fame. Still a lot of fun though.

No reason to see Pacific Rim in anything but IMAX. Without the benefit of the huge screen, a lot of Del Toro's craftsmanship would no doubt be lost. That being said I think Del Toro has done the kinetic action thing much better before (Blade II, Hellboy II), and the script is pretty bland, no doubt thanks to the input of Travis Beacham, he of Clash of the Titans fame. Still a lot of fun though.

I thought the screenplay did a good job of avoiding needless exposition and also avoiding superfluous melodrama. There was certainly some bland or silly dialogue, but none of the conversations in the film lasted long enough to undermine the mood or excitement. It almost felt like the film was running overspeed so that any plot holes or silliness would go unnoticed.

I thought the screenplay did a good job of avoiding needless exposition and also avoiding superfluous melodrama. There was certainly some bland or silly dialogue, but none of the conversations in the film lasted long enough to undermine the mood or excitement. It almost felt like the film was running overspeed so that any plot holes or silliness would go unnoticed.

I just thought it was pretty straightforward. The dream stuff, while I found it kind of effective, felt like Inception leftovers. The movie is spectacular looking, but other than that it has nothing to it. Del Toro specializes in quirk, in small absurd details that bring his fantasies to life. I just didn't feel that same spark here.

It was hard for me to get over the amount of metal they would need for all the Jaegers/Sea Walls/Re-building/Bases. The IMAX at my local theater is pretty shitty, so I saw it on the normal screen. I wish we had a legit IMAX.

Pacific Rim looks dumb as shit to me. Godzilla vs. Transformers. But then again I'm sitting around bored off my ass last week and I watched the notoriously bad Battleship and actually enjoyed it for what it was-- a stupid alien invasion movie. There's no way Pacific Rim can be any worse.

"First up is the news that the show won't just pick up where The Avengers left off. "We plan on trying to weave in between the films and try to make them more rewarding on both ends", Jed Whedon confirmed. EW reports that the pilot will in fact pick up a storyline familiar from one of the Marvel hits that isn't The Avengers. Any takers for bets on what that storyline from an earlier Marvel movie will be?"

Read more: http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/marvels...ils-on-marvels-agents-of-shield#ixzz2Z7TJOp9B

Pacific Rim looks dumb as shit to me. Godzilla vs. Transformers. But then again I'm sitting around bored off my ass last week and I watched the notoriously bad Battleship and actually enjoyed it for what it was-- a stupid alien invasion movie. There's no way Pacific Rim can be any worse.

Just take the movie at face value. You get exactly what you pay for: giant robots beating the shit out of giant aliens. The visuals are incredible. The movie wasn't written to be a masterpiece of character development. I just don't understand why so many people go into these types of movies and criticize every aspect. Turn off your brain for 2 hours, sit back, let your testosterone flow, and enjoy some fuckin' badass action.

That fact that Charlie Day was in it was worth it for me. Also thought the battles were awesome, though could have done without Pearlman's character and some of the other sideshows.

had no idea joss wrote alien resurrection. then again apparently he wrote it and it came out nothing like he wrote. winona was kinda hot as a synthetic

"First up is the news that the show won't just pick up where The Avengers left off. "We plan on trying to weave in between the films and try to make them more rewarding on both ends", Jed Whedon confirmed. EW reports that the pilot will in fact pick up a storyline familiar from one of the Marvel hits that isn't The Avengers. Any takers for bets on what that storyline from an earlier Marvel movie will be?"

Read more: http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/marvels...ils-on-marvels-agents-of-shield#ixzz2Z7TJOp9B

Captain America is my guess.

Lot of possibilities there...could have to do with Thunderbolt Ross and the Abomination, or the Cosmic Cube, or how Captain America was found in the arctic, or more to do with Asgard and the new information that Norse Gods exist...lots of directions they can go.

Back